+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What ever happened to MMDSM?

Telaran

Default What ever happened to MMDSM?

It was supposed to be released with MMDD but needed tweaking. Where is it, and when is it coming live?

Thanks

That is a good question. Back when they announced mmDSM it was so buggy they couldnt release it, but haven't heard anything since.
    Last edited by ulTimaS89; 04-12-2012 at 06:44 AM.

R60 Rogue | Icewatch EU | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | HM 4/4 | GA 3/4 |YouTube | Twitch.tv

Rift Chaser

i think they forgot about it

It will actually be a fourth wing of ID

Just another thing to add to the list of promises that weren't delivered.

I would have preferred this LONG before MMCR.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Ascendant

I think they should do a huge 5 man content patch and put out MM's of all the dungeons at once. Add a semi-weekly quest for a different MM each half-week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    I think they should do a huge 5 man content patch and put out MM's of all the dungeons at once. Add a semi-weekly quest for a different MM each half-week.
    ^ this.
    /10char

I've ran MMDSM on the PTS, I never encountered a bug. But I will say Expert DSM still needs to be fixed. We still get stuck in combat after Plutonus dies. It's been like this since I started running it a year ago...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle is back View Post
    Just another thing to add to the list of promises that weren't delivered.
    Its about the only promise they haven't delivered on. But the key is they never said it was coming with 1.6. They just had it up on the PTS for testing with MM DD. It was as others have said, very broken. But clearly work was done on it. So it begs the question, are MM not successful enough for them to pursue that avenue? If so what does that say about our player base or about the rewards these harder dungeons give.

^ this.
    /10char
    Doubt you will ever see this except for with a expansion. Thats a huge amount of work to be done. It would likely take them several months of work. Then another several months of PTS work to get them in shape for live. Maybe thats why DSM wasn't released though. Maybe they are doing them all and want to release them all at one time 4 months from now.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 04-12-2012 at 11:19 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Maybe they are doing them all and want to release them all at one time 4 months from now.
    I would rather wait the time and have them all drop at once and be fairly "bug resistant" than have them trickle out one at a time. Maybe get a PVP content patch and a 10 man raid between now and then so we have the 20 main raid patch, the PVP patch, a new 10 man, the 5 man master patch . . . all lined up to have the next 20 man launched right around the start of the new year. That seems a little aggressive though... so since hardly any PVP players are left my vote is cut their part ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    I would rather wait the time and have them all drop at once and be fairly "bug resistant" than have them trickle out one at a time. Maybe get a PVP content patch and a 10 man raid between now and then so we have the 20 main raid patch, the PVP patch, a new 10 man, the 5 man master patch . . . all lined up to have the next 20 man launched right around the start of the new year. That seems a little aggressive though... so since hardly any PVP players are left my vote is cut their part ;)
    It looks as though 1.9 is going to be another "big" PvP patch a la 1.4. This was vaguely mentioned in the recent interview with Hartsman, Hanlin, and Gersh. But I have to agree overall- I think it'd be great if we could get some more diversity in the MM dungeons. I hate CR (normal mode or Master mode) and DD is getting a bit stale.
    Last edited by Hawkmoon0028; 04-12-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: adding stuffz... duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Its about the only promise they haven't delivered on.
    I may have a dream about this but for some strange reason I recall a promise back in beta that they had no intentions of nerfs either. Seems like that one got severely broke
    Last edited by Skidrow Bro; 04-12-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

A guidle of mine did mmdsm on pts as well. I would like to see new dungeons in all honesty. I don't mind doing masters but once most people have all the marks they need to get no one does them anymore. PA rewards might change that however...

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoggr View Post
    I've ran MMDSM on the PTS, I never encountered a bug. But I will say Expert DSM still needs to be fixed. We still get stuck in combat after Plutonus dies. It's been like this since I started running it a year ago...
    Seriously. Drives me nuts.

Frankly I don't really care about master modes at this point... I'm so tired of seeing the same dungeons over and over... I'd rather they spent the resources on new dungeons, personally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast