+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chronicle thoughts

Default chronicle thoughts

i know chronicles are for fresh level 50's to get some pre-expert gear but what about a master/expert mode chronicle that resembles the actual raid fights/mechanics (like the greenscale fight where you stack in the bubble for his air phase for example) is about the same difficulty as expert dungeons and gives appropriate gear and that could count towards our random daily. i only bring this up because my friend and i love to play rift and we love challenging content but sometimes we just get fed up with all the bs that goes with having 3/8/18 other random ppl in the same group

seriously nobody has anything to add to my thoughs on a hard mode chronicles that gives better gear and can be used for random expert daily credit and contain the sort of mechanics that are actually in the places they represent? have the trolls just not found this part of the forum yet or what???

Soulwalker

I don't think I like this idea. I like how Trion went out and made these chronicles that aren't exactly like the raids. In my opinion, raids should have unique content to them so that players feel encouraged to actually go out there and do it with a bigger group.

I do, however, agree with you on the fact that the existing chronicles are just one hell of a faceroll. RoS has *some* tactics to it, but not really anything too special.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kinglykangly View Post
    I don't think I like this idea. I like how Trion went out and made these chronicles that aren't exactly like the raids. In my opinion, raids should have unique content to them so that players feel encouraged to actually go out there and do it with a bigger group..
    Except that two of the Chronicle use raid settings where few raids now happen.

As for 'encouraging' people to play in bigger groups, the OP explains why we don't: the content is attractive, the MMO large-group BS isn't.
    Last edited by Kerin; 04-13-2012 at 05:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread