+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Progression

Telaran

Default Gear Progression

Hello i just hit 50 and i was wondering about how to go about getting relevant pve gear for doing experts and other things. I know that some of the gear is obsolete now but im not sure what is or isnt. I was hoping if someone wouldnt mind sharing what gear sets i should be going after and what i should save my plaques for?

Thanks in advance

Champion

If you have enough platinum I'd recommend that you start by picking up some crafted gear. If you can't afford it or just have a preference for earning gear the old fashioned way you would want to start by queuing up for dungeons. Normal CC and AP at first then experts when you are able to queue. When my mage hit level 50 I was raid ready the same day and it's not unreasonable that you could be raid ready fairly quick as well. After running experts for a few days (possibly less with RNG on your side) you can start gearing up in raids like Greenscale's Blight and River of Souls as well as T1 raid 10 mans like Drowned Halls and Gilded Prophecy. T1 raids are PuG'd regularly so finding a group shouldn't be a problem for you.

You can also get gear through inscribed sourcestone vendors but the grind is much more time consuming than obtaining equivalent raid gear. HTH and GLHF
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Telaran

Exactly what i was looking for i appreciate the advice

If you can afford it, get the crafted chest, shoulders, weapon and ring. Properly augmented they're on a par with T1 raid gear.

Do the storyline quest chain in Ember Isle to get a free pair of raid-quality legs.

If you can find some people to do it with, the Water epic quest chain gives a nice helm as a reward.

You can also buy hit/focus rings from the Mathos quartermaster, and neck from Dragonslayers, if you have the rep.

Save your plaques for gloves, it's about the only thing you can't get a decent craft/quest/vendor item for in case you have crap luck with drops (or just can't be bothered farming experts).

Between that lot, which you can all get pretty quickly as soon as you hit 50, you should more than meet the gear requirements for expert dungeons, and will probably be good to go on the easier T1 raids (Drowned Halls and GP). Get involved in zone events whenever they pop up, it's a great source of extra XP and sourcestone, which you'll need for buying essences. And if you're not in a guild, keep an eye on 50 chat and see if you can get in on any GSB/ROS pug runs - lots of guilds run T1 raids with less than full groups and quite often take a randoms along to make up the numbers.

Ascendant

Depending on what your goals are:

If you're interested in raiding:
    1) Run Chronicles and normal AP/CC until you can queue for Experts.
    1b) Buy a 6 slot source machine and start filling it out. You'll want to do as many invasions as possible for the inscribed. Run Instant Adventures daily for the quest reward. Do Daily Raid Rifts when you see a group.

2) Run experts, spend plaques on gear with +hit/focus as a priority.

3) As soon as possible, start running PuG DH/GP/RoS/GSB
    This is your main source of gear, you'll want 4 set pieces plus a synergy crystal.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Telaran

Alot of great advice here thanks alot guys. I just hit 200 focus and i just need 3k more planarite for the sight thing so i can do slivers. I feel like though i should spend a little more in experts im still having trouble getting used to the fights in there.

Should i bother with raid rifts any? Any what should i do with my inscribed sourcestones?

Seems jimbo suggested i use them for essences, i guess thats what ill go after first then. Which ones should i be concerned with? Should i go after the focus based one, or go after one of those greaters that gives an effect? Or should i stick with the ones that give stats?

If you guys have anymore advice id be glad to hear about it.
    Last edited by Fishyface; 04-13-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Telaran

Only one person in your group needs Omen Sight, save your planerite for something more useful for now. Dont need it really unless you're the one leading the raid at the very least.

Rift Disciple

Dont waste your inscribed on greater essences or focus ones.

Go for the T2 stat ones, the ones that cost 100 inscribed each. You will want to fill your core with 6 of those. You might also want to go check out one of the subforums here for your class and find a "BiS"(Best in Slot) spreadsheet from there.

Buy the essences they show in those so you dont make a mistake and buy a inferior one, since they are a little expensive to replace

Make sure you are watching for Zone events as they pop in Stillmoor, Iron pine peak, Shimmersand and Ember Isle to get inscribed quickly, There are also 2x weekly quests that give you 10x inscribed, one of those is picked up in Ember Watch on EI , the other one is picked up in your capital where you get the Raid weekly quests aswell. There is also a quest for doing 7x Instant adventures for Inscribed, and a Daily Raid rift. I suggest doing all of those to get inscribed as fast as possible since having a good core makes upfor alot of your stats when starting out raiding.

Hope that helped some
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

+ Reply to Thread