+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Afyael

Thread: Estrode glitch?

Default Estrode glitch?

Hey, was in HK fighting estrode yesterday and we found something odd, if we died in the bit where we where mind controlled everyone including us got xp and prestige, also, we could loot our own corpses, and they dropped war trophies, so just wondering if this is meant to happen or just a side effect that cant be helped.

(p.s love the bots that take over when you are controlled, really smart, popped all my defensive buffs and went on a massive spree, took 4 people to kill me)
    healer: easy
    dps: easy
    tank: OMGWTFBBQ WHY IS HE THERE WHAT OH CRAP COME BACK HERE STAY HERE OH GOD THERES MORE HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME HEAL ME!!! oh im alive, that was easy lets do it again

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by hurrak View Post
    Hey, was in HK fighting estrode yesterday and we found something odd, if we died in the bit where we where mind controlled everyone including us got xp and prestige, also, we could loot our own corpses, and they dropped war trophies, so just wondering if this is meant to happen or just a side effect that cant be helped.

(p.s love the bots that take over when you are controlled, really smart, popped all my defensive buffs and went on a massive spree, took 4 people to kill me)
    id say its probably unintended that you get xp/prestige/loot form killing same faction mind controlled ppl. i never really payed to much attention to ppl dieing in the fight so i didnt notice the xp/prestige thing. however, i have noticed the lootable corpses before.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    id say its probably unintended that you get xp/prestige/loot form killing same faction mind controlled ppl. i never really payed to much attention to ppl dieing in the fight so i didnt notice the xp/prestige thing. however, i have noticed the lootable corpses before.

It's just a side effect of how mind control works from what I've experienced. Fluffy can even drop from the corpses of these mind controlled players, particularly seen if someone fails the mind decay mechanic on Akylios (the entire raid will be lootable).

Same thing happens with all Mind Control mechanics in the game.
    Nope.

Shield of Telara

Hahaha that could have been one way to finish phase 5 earlier. Just run Estrode 1000 times.

Rift Chaser

Yeah this also happens in the T2 earth rr and during Aky as well. It always cracks me up.

I've been collecting Still Beating Hearts from guildies in HK for a long time now, up to 8
    Nope.

Someone in our guild got their "I Want My 2 Platinum" achievement after a failed Akylios attempt. At least not everyone went home empty handed that evening...

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Same thing happens with all Mind Control mechanics in the game.
    This. It happens in any battle that ends up with you killing allies. Even the boss in mmDD (prior to werewolf, the one that gives the exploding debuff and you have to stack) and Plutonus in RoS do it (when the beam is shot to a player and does AoE).

Well known, not a bug.

My leader regularly collects dwarf heads to send to me for the massive debt I owe her...
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

+ Reply to Thread