+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PA for the completion of end of raid/dungeon quest

Rift Disciple

Default PA for the completion of end of raid/dungeon quest

Seriously what is the point of that little quest at the end of every raid and dungeon other than rep for a faction that most no longer need ......

50gold and 10k xp is worth in today's rift dear trion

I suggest make that quest give plat and some real xp or PA

Examples:

Expert dungeons give 2-5plat and 250-500k xp for completion of that dungeon

T1 raid should give 5-10plat and 1 full PA lvl or more for completion of that raid

T2 raid should give 10-20 plat and 2-3 PA upon completion of that raid

But seriously trion? If you had done that with the group content from the start of PA you could release T3 PA when you wanted to. I see no reason why those end of raid quests don't give solid rewards people spend hours and hours raiding and forfeit the PA grind fest that is old and boring this allows people to choose what they enjoy most and still get as much PA as a grinder on ember isle this needs to happen sooner than later and be a quick change that comes with 1.8 or a quick hotfix that multiple will come as soon as 1.8 hits as we know how buggy patches are no matter how much you test
    Shifterz - Rogue
    11/11HK|5/8ID

Plane Touched

I don't think Trion ever intended for that end of instance reward to be all that substantial, which is fine.

The PA exp thing is definitely an issue though. Especially with the completely worthless MMs that reward practically nothing.

Would love to see something like 500k for MM dungeons.

Raid bonuses are pretty good from the weekly quest already. Maybe 250k on the completion of any raid instance would be a nice bonus though too.

But... Trion has stated multiple times they never intended for raids to give substantial exp bonuses so maybe its all a crap shoot.

MM dungeons need something so bad though. Trion... we've made so many threads about it... please do something!
    Last edited by ClericRet; 04-10-2012 at 09:53 AM.

We need t-shirts " I killed Akylios and all I got was this shirt and 50g"

I'm alright with experts and T1 raids, as long as you complete them under the daily bonus or weekly quest they're fine, and if you average the weekly for each raid tier across both raids along with the turnin of marks for XP crystals, it's just about an acceptable rate of XP gain. But T2 raids - and, I'm guessing, ID when it opens - need some love. As it is, the completion "bonus" is a complete and utter joke, and just about covers your repair costs on an average evening.

Honestly, I think raid bosses just need to have their XP gains massively boosted to be in line with the amount of effort necessary to kill them. It's ridiculous that you can spend an hour killing crappy little worthless mobs in Ember Isle and get more XP for it than spending three hours fully clearing what is supposed to be the hardest raid in the game. It wouldn't even be quite so bad if you could turn in your surplus marks for XP crystals like with T1 raids - not that anyone will be doing that in ID for a while yet, but a proper dump for surplus gmarks is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    Mine would say "I killed Akylios and all I got was 50g and a ****ty Staff"
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Heh, I think that gets brought up nearly every time by someone who doesn't get the relic. "Sweet! 50g FTW!"

General of Telara

"I killed Akylios and all I got was 50g. The shirt I paid for..."
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I would love to see that Spirit infusion thingy on the end-zone quest completion for Hammerknell and Infernal Dawn.
    --BC

"I made it through HK trash and got 50 gold" Tshirt....(and on the back) "Its harder than Akylios"

Dear whiners,

Its been 7 months since the PA system was introduced, with various xp boosts, EI release, dailys, weeklys, etc sprinkled in at various points since then.

If you played semi-regularly and did things instead of trolling forums or spamming 50 chat in the city, you could score 3 PAs a day, easy, with minimal effort and zero grinding. WF and dungeon daily is a free PA and change, participating in one EI event, from start to finish, is easily another PA and a half.

~210 days of approximately 3 PA a day = ~630 PA. Without taking into account xp vials / bonus xp weekends or the raid weeklys.... or *gasp* any actual effort at grinding.

If you've less than that, you either haven't been playing since PA came out or you haven't been playing on a regular basis.

In short, casuals who log on every day to do the WF daily, the dungeon daily and one EI event would have half of the current PA cap already, or more.

XP gain rate is fine.

Woe be it that you'd actually have to play the game to gain something.

Love,
    Someone who doesn't care for your "But I want it NOOOOW!"

Rift Master

Dear Moonfirespam,

Check your math. It's not even close. Dailies for PvP, experts were NOT introduced 7 months ago. I would say someone who plays on a regular basis would have closer to 450-500. No grinding.

Added: I don't care to increase XP, just pointing out false expectations.
    Last edited by AlissaAk; 04-10-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Dear whiners,

Its been 7 months since the PA system was introduced, with various xp boosts, EI release, dailys, weeklys, etc sprinkled in at various points since then.

If you played semi-regularly and did things instead of trolling forums or spamming 50 chat in the city, you could score 3 PAs a day, easy, with minimal effort and zero grinding. WF and dungeon daily is a free PA and change, participating in one EI event, from start to finish, is easily another PA and a half.

~210 days of approximately 3 PA a day = ~630 PA. Without taking into account xp vials / bonus xp weekends or the raid weeklys.... or *gasp* any actual effort at grinding.

If you've less than that, you either haven't been playing since PA came out or you haven't been playing on a regular basis.

In short, casuals who log on every day to do the WF daily, the dungeon daily and one EI event would have half of the current PA cap already, or more.

XP gain rate is fine.

Woe be it that you'd actually have to play the game to gain something.

Love,
    Someone who doesn't care for your "But I want it NOOOOW!"

Dear fail,

I don't think you know what your talking about .....

First off between my 3 mains and mule and guardian I have almost triple any PA you and 95% of the player base has right now

2nd raiding should always..... ALWAYS.... Give more reward than anything else especially soloing since trion has said that there focus is team based game play and raiding is the biggest part of that of course I agree PvP should be a lil more rewarding than it is right now just to add.
    Also, full clearing on raids plus weeklies/dailies only give 20ish lvls a week on 1 toon and I consider 1 toon casual were as doing that on 3+ toons is hardcore while spending hours raiding and receiving a fraction of the reward PA you would get soloing on ember isle .....

Hell you can spend an hour grinding on EI and get 3-5+ PA and spend an hour doing both GP/DH and get 1.5 PA including the weekly
    Shifterz - Rogue
    11/11HK|5/8ID

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterz View Post
    Dear fail,

First off between my 3 mains and mule and guardian I have almost triple any PA you and 95% of the player base has right now

2nd raiding should always..... ALWAYS.... Give more reward than anything else especially soloing since trion has said that there focus is team based game play and raiding is the biggest part of that of course I agree PvP should be a lil more rewarding than it is right now just to add.
    Also, full clearing on raids plus weeklies/dailies only give 20ish lvls a week on 1 toon and I consider 1 toon casual were as doing that on 3+ toons is hardcore while spending hours raiding and receiving a fraction of the reward PA you would get soloing on ember isle .....

Hell you can spend an hour grinding on EI and get 3-5+ PA and spend an hour doing both GP/DH and get 1.5 PA including the weekly
    Dear bigger fail,

your assumption of having more pas than 95% of the player base is ignorant. 3 mains? ROFLS... ROFLS....

Change is for the weak that must adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by AlissaAk View Post
    Dear Moonfirespam,

Check your math. It's not even close. Dailies for PvP, experts were NOT introduced 7 months ago. I would say someone who plays on a regular basis would have closer to 450-500. No grinding.

Added: I don't care to increase XP, just pointing out false expectations.
    More a accurate 0 grinding and have 465, 0 grinding and missed a few weeks in the begining but I have always been actively doing the dailies. P40 and marks of ascension really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterz View Post
    Dear fail,

who says you can raid EI for xp, IA, and onslaughts? If raiding is what they want, then yes, outside of a dungeon you should get more XP than anywhere else. You already get marks and high end loot from dungeons.

Also, no one cares that you have 3 mains. This game isn't balanced for you.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast