+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soulrender Zilas

Plane Touched

Default Soulrender Zilas

Hello,
    we are getting now very easy Murdantix + Matron Zamira, but we struggle on Soulrender zilas.

3 weeks now - only wipes. Our best was 15% BUT ONLY ONCE.

Up to 60% it goes really fast.
    Then you have to concentrate all your DPS on the magus. Most of the time it goes KILL MAGUS - RUN FOR LASER - KILL NEW MAGUS - RUN FOR LASER - KILL NEW MAGUS ...

That rotation with the magus and the laser, does not leave us enouph time concetrate on the main boss, therefore after 60% the DPS on the main boss (aoe for the adds too) is very very slow going.

Our best try we had 15% and it was a 15min fight.

What we do wrong and we dont have enouph time for the main boss?

Thanks,
    Simos.

Shadowlander

hi,

try to create one group (we do it with marksmen) which is responsiple for the mages. If a mage appears in the right corner, this one group goes to the mage and kills him, if they can't kill him stun him on the platforms. Usually at this point you have to go back to the centre tu run for the laser. because the Mage was stunned before the magegroup just has to kill him because usually he starts to enter the bosscircle.

if you take only one group then you don't have the problem about the health of the boss cause there shoul dbe another 10 who attack the boss only or which only switch to the mage if its necessary.

hope it helps and yes, english isn't my mothertongue but I try my best and this is the tactic we use.

Plane Touched

Thanks for your reply.
    How much DPS you think it's enouph to put on a magus (i'll create a team which is able to do enouph dps).

Rift Chaser Talking The Hardest's Avatar

All your range DPS should be focusing on killing the Magus(and the spirits, remember to interrupt them too) before they reach the bridge and then have them switch back to zilas.
    Softest@Blightweald
    Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    Softest best bard EU
    Co-Leader of the worlds #1 Alt/PuG raid - iFAP

Sounds like you are having problems with raid dps, if you have everyone focussing on the magus and still don't have time to dps on Soulrender, then you are probably just lacking the dps.

We have two people on each side who dps and stun the magus, they usually kill them but if not we just focus them when they get to the bridge.

Plane Touched

We do about 24k DPS.
    Also 99% are ranged.

How often a new magus comes? is it based on a timer?

Question

OP:

I thInk you may be missing out on the double stun. If you stun the magus as soon as it gets on the platform, you can stun a second time before it leaves. This really helps. Be sure to kill black ghosts as soon as they pop suh 25%
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    OP:

I thInk you may be missing out on the double stun. If you stun the magus as soon as it gets on the platform, you can stun a second time before it leaves. This really helps. Be sure to kill black ghosts as soon as they pop suh 25%
    This.

Also, who do you have on crystals? Some classes are better suited than others due to travel time on abilities and stuff. A cleric using Sanction Heretic to poke the crystals always seemed to work well for us, or basically any class with an instant cast, instant damage, no travel-time spell.

If you're short on DPS (which it sounds like you are, especially if you're still progressing) it's very important to use the crystals properly, kill the black ghosts, and to double-stun whenever possible. You'll still get bad RNG and have the occasional magus spawning during a kite phase that gets through, in which case everyone needs to switch to it and burn it down as soon as possible, but the fewer of those you have the more DPS you can keep on Zilas.

Shield of Telara

Also 24k raid dps is very low, it means you have a few dpsers doing less than 1k dps, try getting class leaders to recommend some dps builds that people should run for raiding. The first magus comes at 80%, after that though you need to make sure you have people on each side looking out for them.
    Last edited by Afyael; 04-09-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Champion

Make sure you aren't overhealing the fight. The only real damage should be to the tank unless Dark Volley isn't being interrupted. So you can get away with using 1-2 healers... I can't imagine a tank being squishy enough to need more unless adds are not dying and accumulating.

Believe it or not this is one fight that overhealing does WAY more harm than good because of the resultant drop in your raid DPS.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Rift Chaser

I ran this with a mostly guild group who was stuck on this boss a couple nights ago. A lot of the tips I gave them people have already mentioned. Make sure you stun the magus, make sure most of your ranged switch to killing them ASAP, interrupt spirits, etc. One other thing though is that you must make sure you have enough AoE DPS on the butchers/imps that make it to the middle to kill them quickly. The butchers reduce the damage you do. The imps, if not interrupted will heal him. Having up too many butchers makes it harder to kill the magus. Sounds like you don't have many warriors, so you'll have to assign some of your top AoE'ers to kill the trash in the middle.

The first time my guild killed him we were at about 24k raidwide DPS, so it's possible to do if you execute properly. I guess I would ask, aside from the Magus, what other issues are you having? Are people dying to lasers? Are the spirits that cast Dark Volley being interrupted? How many imps/butchers do you generally have up at one time? Do you use an offtank and if so, does he handle interrupting Cede Spirit from the imps?

The way my guild does it is we have 2 rogues per side. Each rogue is responsible for 1 crystal to stun the magus. Each pair of rogues takes care of any spirits on their side. When not on spirit or magus duty, they fan out the middle. Warriors AoE the crap out of the middle unless they absolutely must peel off to kill a Magus. When a Magus spawns, we have someone call "Magus upper right" or "Magus lower left" and all ranged DPS switch to kill it and our 3 warriors continue AOE. When a laser is about to come, our offtank marked 7, will say "7 is safe" and stand just behind the wisp, chasing it. So all DPS just have to go stand on 7 instead of trying to find the wisp themself.

As far as healing goes, we only use 1 senticar and 1 -icar. You might want to use 2 full senticar while learning, just for the extra Brez.

Also another tip that even my guild archon messes up is you shouldn't use flaring power until the boss hits 70%. The first laser comes 1 minute after the boss hits 70%, so if you use flaring at 70%, you maximize the damage you do before the difficult part starts.
    Last edited by Zadozex; 04-09-2012 at 04:34 AM.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

An important skill is make sure your stunners still hit the crystal when they're running around the laser beam.

Pyros can Flicker through the beam and Flame Bolt if they need to, Clerics/Rogues can do it as well in appropriate specs if they're going to be out of range when it's their job to stun the crystals.

Also make sure people aren't mindlessly tab-targeting and accidentally setting off crystals at the wrong time.

But to be honest this just sounds like your raid is doing a miserable amount of dps.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 04-09-2012 at 04:42 AM.
    Nope.

pro tip: use barbed shot.

I am not trolling, seriously tell your ranged rogues to use it when magus appears. when it will be on the platform, it will be almost dead.
    Officer of Envy
    ex-Officer of ParaBellum: world 2nd in chocolate Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Zadozex View Post
    The way my guild does it is we have 2 rogues per side. Each rogue is responsible for 1 crystal to stun the magus. Each pair of rogues takes care of any spirits on their side. When not on spirit or magus duty, they fan out the middle.
    2 seems like overkill. A single marksman should be able to double stun a Magus while focus interrupting a Spirit and moving with the beam if need be.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    2 seems like overkill. A single marksman should be able to double stun a Magus while focus interrupting a Spirit and moving with the beam if need be.
    It's probably overkill, but it never hurts to have back up. I've always found when learning fights that you want to give people as specific a job as you can and let them just do that. So having 1 rogue per crystal and they just focus that one crystal and worry about stunning it makes it easier for the rogue. Hell, we still do it with 2 rogues per side and we kill him in under 5 minutes. There's no real negative to having 2 rogues per side either.
    No Guild ~ 4/4 GA - 4/4 HM's - 5/5 EE - 4/4 FT - 4/4 ToDQ ~ Greybriar
    Zefu - Warrior
    Zadozex - Cleric [alt]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast