+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dungeons fail.

Soulwalker

Default Dungeons fail.

Dear trion,

i would appreciate it if you'd implement more dungeons for the lower levels.
    when i was on my alt (lvl 38) i queued for random and got into foul cascade (which gives me 0.00exp on mobs)...
    maybe if you'd be able to add more dungeons inbetween the "huge" level differences, this problem might be solved.

i also think i am not the only one with this experience and it's pretty annoying because when you leave, you get the 30minutes cooldown.

please look further into this and feel free to discuss.

sincere,
    a dedicated riftgamer
    Last edited by woutersje; 04-08-2012 at 06:37 AM.

I surely wouldn't complain about additional dungeons, but based on an instance of getting matched to a lower level one? Probably not very many people your level looking for group and it matched you to lower level range.
    YES to more dungeons, YES to a little patience.

Truly a redo of the leveling path seems required to gain\retain more subs. If you are here long term already tough it out to 50 where they stuck all the content.

Throwing people into dungeons which are 5 levels below you is just a bad idea. Your were better off hitting smelly cat... if you could hit him
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

If only there were a way to q for specific dungeons where you would get xp...

At level 38 there is a nice yellow one waiting for you.

Rift Disciple

Specific queue?? But but then I don't get my extra plat at the end ..... I need it all

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    If only there were a way to q for specific dungeons where you would get xp...

At level 38 there is a nice yellow one waiting for you.
    Pretty much this.

That being said, I think Trion kind of intend for you to level through lots of different ways, dungeons being just one of them, don't be surprised there isn't an ultra fast way to level through purely one kind of content.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    Pretty much this.

That being said, I think Trion kind of intend for you to level through lots of different ways, dungeons being just one of them, don't be surprised there isn't an ultra fast way to level through purely one kind of content.

if you qeueu specific you won't benefit from the random dungeon reward.
    also, if i wanted to level by doing quests i'd do so. but i'm more of a dungeontard that likes to handle things with more players instead of going questing on my own.
    everyone's playstyle differs from the other. doesn't mean that if you like to quest, everyone does.
    Last edited by woutersje; 04-10-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woutersje View Post
    if you qeueu specific you won't benefit from the random dungeon reward.
    also, if i wanted to level by doing quests i'd do so. but i'm more of a dungeontard that likes to handle things with more players instead of going questing on my own.
    everyone's playstyle differs from the other. doesn't mean that if you like to quest, everyone does.
    Back in my day the dungeons WERE the reward. No LFG, we ran to them. We found friends and hammered those instances until we were strong enough to do the rest. Forget your pathetic rewards and find some friends. Damn youngsters.

I would prefer getting a dungeon that gives me xp than a random reward that may or may not be an upgrade ;)

Ascendant

They could implement random dungeon level synch, similar to that in FFXI. It was a resounding success, where players LFG had an increased pool, because they could voluntarily lower their levels to that of the other members seeking to party. Players who level down to party get a slight gear nerf if their gear is above the tier. Not as hard as it sounds.

It'd work perfectly in this game as well.
    Last edited by PFalcon; 04-10-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    Back in my day the dungeons WERE the reward. No LFG, we ran to them. We found friends and hammered those instances until we were strong enough to do the rest. Forget your pathetic rewards and find some friends. Damn youngsters.
    lol "youngster"

if we had a bigger community then we'd be able to do that yeah
    when i was in vanilla wow, there were groups al over the place looking for ppl

i'm actually trying to benefit more from this "luxury" so if you'd like to post something usefull. please do so

Quote Originally Posted by woutersje View Post
    lol "youngster"

if we had a bigger community then we'd be able to do that yeah
    when i was in vanilla wow, there were groups al over the place looking for ppl

i'm actually trying to benefit more from this "luxury" so if you'd like to post something usefull. please do so
    Eh?! What wasn't useful? Take the humor from it and its a very straight forward, get some people your level together, run the dungeons your own way. Run one a couple levels higher than yourself. For some reason you are banking on a very poor reward to be the enticement for the dungeon, instead of the dungeon itself. XP is what you are there for.
    Find the dungeon you want, run it, reset instance, repeat. All it takes is finding like minded people. The problem is... finding like minded people near your level that aren't using LFG., or if they are, that are willing to queue again with you.
    The dungeons aren't at fault, it the pool of people you are working with in the under level 50 range.

Rift Disciple

Do you know how this happened?

The system does not put you in a grey dungeon if it can help it.

Most likely cause would be that you were lvl 37 when you queued in LFG, then dinged 38 while still in que.

The mobs would have given you exp at 37 - thats the level it matches.

TLDR: If you ding while waiting in que, leave and re queue.

Soulwalker

I have been level 23 for 9 or 10 months already, and nowadays, I cannot find a group for a dungeon. I am stuck in this game without progressing further. I play the game only for low-level dungeons and PvP, and skipping them is not an option.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by CericX View Post
    I surely wouldn't complain about additional dungeons, but based on an instance of getting matched to a lower level one? Probably not very many people your level looking for group and it matched you to lower level range.
    YES to more dungeons, YES to a little patience.

Truly a redo of the leveling path seems required to gain\retain more subs. If you are here long term already tough it out to 50 where they stuck all the content.
    If your not getting XP your not leveling up, being in a bracket around 36 to 38 is just a no-man land because as the first person say you get zero xp on the mobs, and so little at the boss that it is ridiculous, you have already grown out of that dungeon and this is a real problem for those who are there.

As for more dungeons i would say that we overall need more of them, because i have run the same dungeons for over a year and they are so very boring and i yawn my way through them, with main and alts. They are all nerfed to nothingness and just something that i am forced to do to either level up or get AP.

So a big yes to more dungeons and make them available for both leveling and expert. Overall TRION should have a system of making new dungeons, because that is something that all players are forced to do for many different reasons, and they bore most people at this point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast