+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dungeon changes

Soulwalker

Default Dungeon changes

I left rift right before hammerkneel came out (patch 1.3 i think ?) and am only just coming back to it now.

i had a read through of the sticky for returning players and found it very helpful but am confused as to the current tiers of dungeons.

when i left there was T1, T2, riad rifts (and the 10 man sliver), greenscale and river of souls, Hammerkneel. In that order.

what is the order of dungeons now ?

i had a lv50 mage with full T2 gear and maybe 3-4 drops from greenscale when i left.

Coming back to the game now what dungeons would i be doing to get better gear ?

And also (in the hopes that it doesnt create a flame war) could anyone tell me the general strengths of the diffrent classes right now. (e.g. when i left warriors where considered to be very strong in PVP, is this still the case ?)

cheers

Shield of Telara

T1 and T2 dungeons have been combined. If you've got greenscale loot already then you're probably not that interested in expert drops. But now random experts give you marks to spend on raid gear so you should run lots of those.

There are also a bunch of pug raids doing t1 and t2 content which you can easily get into if you did greenscale in the past (they buffed item stats across the board in patch 1.7).

PvPwise I haven't done much but I find rogues and mages to be very strong whilst cleric healers are quite powerful at the moment, warriors are getting a buff in the upcoming patch (due in a couple weeks) whilst cleric healing is getting nerfed.

Soulwalker

ok cool thanks.

im still a little bit confused about these "Master" dungeons though, where do they stand ?

are they on the same level as raids ? above them or below them ?

The Master dungeons are below the raids. Or at least that's how I see it. There's Master Mode Darkening Deeps (MMDD/MDD) and Master Mode Caduceus Rise (MCR). Caduceus has a ton of bosses (it combines both Upper and Lower Caduceus Rise, which are new expert dungeons) and it has one mini-boss that appears after you kill each boss. So quite a lot to get through.

Just give it a go with your guild, or a pug run and hope for the best.

Right now for new content, besides the master mode dungeons and the expert Caduceus Rise, you'll probably also see the T1 10-man Drowned Halls and the T1 10-man Gilded Prophecy, as well as the T2 10-man Rise of the Pheonix.

Coming up in a few weeks will be the new T3 20-man Infernal Dawn.
    Last edited by Jonus; 04-07-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobdogger View Post
    ok cool thanks.

im still a little bit confused about these "Master" dungeons though, where do they stand ?

are they on the same level as raids ? above them or below them ?

MMs can be done by people in T2 gear (although it might take them longer.)

They can be run very quickly (either as a guild or a PuG) with folks in raid gear.

However, as far as time investment, unless you can do them quickly, and the fact that you only get marks for completing the last boss, the drops are not that good and (in our guild's humble opinion) not really worth it.
    Last edited by Goldenwing; 04-07-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    *My guild was looking (in Rift) for engaging, meaningful additional outdoor endgame that is inclusive, dynamic, community-oriented, scaling, and strategic -- Real outdoor, persistent-world challenges that require thought, strategy, and cooperation.*
    Outdoor RvE for both PvE & PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenwing View Post
    However, as far as time investment, unless you can do them quickly, and the fact that you only get marks for completing the last boss, the drops are not that good and (in our guild's humble opinion) not really worth it.
    yeah, still wondering why there is no daily or at least weekly for the master mode dungeons. OTOH it might give people the impression they HAVE to run them to get maximum rewards.

Master modes are above expert dungeons but just below raid level.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinr View Post
    Master modes are above expert dungeons but just below raid level.

Yes, I meant to say "expert" gear instead of "T2".
    *My guild was looking (in Rift) for engaging, meaningful additional outdoor endgame that is inclusive, dynamic, community-oriented, scaling, and strategic -- Real outdoor, persistent-world challenges that require thought, strategy, and cooperation.*

Soulwalker

Awesome thanks for all the great info, its time for me to resubscriber and start pew pewing

Quote Originally Posted by Cobdogger View Post
    Awesome thanks for all the great info, its time for me to resubscriber and start pew pewing

Welcome back!

+ Reply to Thread