+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Timrum

Thread: Phase 5 extended = stealth delay for ID?

Default Phase 5 extended = stealth delay for ID?

So after having set a ludicrous world event objective in the first place and now giving everyone another week to completely ignore phase 5, does this mean that the rest of this event - and by extension, the next one and the launch of ID - are also pushed back a week?

Is the expected launch date for ID still the end of the next world event or what? If it needs to be pushed back a week, fair enough, but I'd rather the devs were straight about it and actually told us when the damn thing's going to go live already...

Rift Master

Its not a stealth dealy.

Some Dev stated that P5 is bugged and that they need more time for ID. So they want to kill two birds with one stone by extending P5 by a week.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The reality is that we wanted a little more time to get Update 1.8 ready for prime time and, at the same time, wanted to make sure everyone could enjoy all parts of Phase 5 as well.

This allows us to hit two birds with one stone - we know the update has tons of awesome stuff in it, but we still won't release it until we're ready. It's why we rarely give more than a few days notice about the release of our updates anyways, the World Events just happened to put a giant neon sign on our target dates this time around.

As we've said though - we're not afraid to try new things, hit or miss we're always working to make the game interesting and fun in different ways!
    I guess this wasn't straight forward enough?

The problem is, phase 5 is still achievable by most shards if not all. By trion's logic, they'll add another week to phase 5 so that everyone can get their silly title. If you didn't know, a title is more important than a big content update. Yes I know they added another week so that 1.8 will be ready but how long has it been since we've had a content update. By trion's pace, they're slowing down a lot.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 04-05-2012 at 10:06 AM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mayakov View Post
    The problem is, phase 5 is still achievable by most shards if not all. By trion's logic, they'll add another week to phase 5 so that everyone can get their silly title. If you didn't know, a title is more important than a big content update. Yes I know they added another week so that 1.8 will be ready but how long has it been since we've had a content update. By trion's pace, they're slowing down a lot.
    Yeah, 65 days without a patch, how dare they! Considering this is probably the largest patch yet I think you should have a little patience

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Eh, as long as ID isn't as buggy as HK was on initial release (bosses being deactivated because of bugs, etc.), I'm fine with another week.

Also, Makayov, are you sure that you didn't mean NOT achievable by most shards? That 100k is looking pretty distant on Greybriar (though admittedly we are a PvE shard, but with a very large pop).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Plane Touched

Blightweild defiants are around 3.5k / 100k we have just categorically given up on p5, wont even try to get the goal
    Last edited by Tectonics; 04-05-2012 at 02:54 PM.

It would be easy if warfront kills counted. But since it only counts ears looted off world pvp and the 10 kills a day you get from the repeatable daily...

Yeah. /pass.

They would need to extend it by another 10 weeks for any shard to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonics View Post
    Blightweild defiants are around 3.5k / 100k we have just categorically given up on p5, wont even try to get the goal
    In one of the posts, the devs stated that they would drop the goal to something more attainable and are still working on fixing the issue with War Trophies not dropping as often as they should have been dropping.

Check the Dev Tracker sub-forum for all Dev posts. One of the most recent ones should say this.

+ Reply to Thread