+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ID for Oceanic players and other 300+ ms players

Default ID for Oceanic players and other 300+ ms players

Will ID be able to be appropriately progressed upon release by those guilds who have an average of 300ms?

When RoTP was first released, Berahurst had a one second interruptable cast. With human's reaction time, plus the 0.3 second delay due to the server, this was a very difficult ability to deal with which used to hit quite hard, despite our 10 man group being in full relics and ready for it.

I'm expecting mechanics similar to this in ID and i'm under no illusions that "pre nerf ID" will be extremely difficult. Fast reaction times will be needed; be it an interrupt, a purge or simply moving out of the fire, so to speak. For those guilds who have a natural reduced reaction time to ALL mechanics, how will we fair?

I'm not asking for spoilers or any specific mechanics to be mentioned.. but for those who have tested, am i pretty much on the money? Will we have a noticeably harder time due to our disadvantage?

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Ten bucks those who say they've never had issues with lag and we need to l2play are coming for you mate....

But I'd put money also that what you said is likely to be true.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Enjoy your 6-hour head start. I'm jelly.

20 mans are usually opened at 6pm server. That's 7-10 hours ahead of oceanic guilds. You in fact have a headstart. I'd never interrupted in my life until Thunder Blast became instant and I have no trouble with Soul Trauma etc at 300ms. But yes latency is always a hindrance and it will be harder for Oceanic players.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    20 mans are usually opened at 6pm server. That's 7-10 hours ahead of oceanic guilds. You in fact have a headstart. I'd never interrupted in my life until Thunder Blast became instant and I have no trouble with Soul Trauma etc at 300ms. But yes latency is always a hindrance and it will be harder for Oceanic players.

HK was opened at around 11-2pm server on july 27th. Do the oceanic players have issues with interruption latency on a server such as laethys? cause if not they should be playing there. If the lag is unbearable on laethys then it is a total mockery to label something an oceanic server while living in the region and having an average of 300ping. As far as the point of this post, if it is to ask for them to nerf interrupt mechanics so Oceanic players can utilize US servers I say let the US players in your guild worry about interrupts. Take in mind I'm not attacking you just curious to understand in detail.
    Last edited by Proudfeet; 04-06-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Lag kills.

Raise awareness.

Buy a ribbon.

Actually it's just a rubber-band.

i hear they made the nerfs to all content cause of Europeans and Australians.

Confirm/deny?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Proudfeet View Post
    Do the oceanic players have issues with interruption latency on a server such as laethys? cause if not they should be playing there. If the lag is unbearable on laethys then it is a total mockery to label something an oceanic server while living in the region and having an average of 300ping. As far as the point of this post, if it is to ask for them to nerf interrupt mechanics so Oceanic players can utilize US servers I say let the US players in your guild worry about interrupts. Take in mind I'm not attacking you just curious to understand in detail.
    Laethys is a US server. It has the Oceanic tag only so that most oceanic players end up on the same server and have someone to play with.

And the latency and server lag can be terrible, even at 250 - 300ms average. watching my fireball take 4 secs to cast is frustrating to say the least.

Rift Master

I don't see much lobbying to trion to get AZ shards instated to make them truly oceanic.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

HK was opened at around 11-2pm server on july 27th. Do the oceanic players have issues with interruption latency on a server such as laethys? cause if not they should be playing there. If the lag is unbearable on laethys then it is a total mockery to label something an oceanic server while living in the region and having an average of 300ping. As far as the point of this post, if it is to ask for them to nerf interrupt mechanics so Oceanic players can utilize US servers I say let the US players in your guild worry about interrupts. Take in mind I'm not attacking you just curious to understand in detail.
    from my understanding layths is located with all the NA shards due to various legal mumbo jumbo, and is just labeled oceanic so oceanic players have a focused spot to play.

I'm in the US playing on an EU server so I usually have 170ms or so. having that doubled sounds painful. I could do beru in rotp but it mostly depends on me counting 5s after the last mechanic and getting it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Laethys is a US server. It has the Oceanic tag only so that most oceanic players end up on the same server and have someone to play with.

And the latency and server lag can be terrible, even at 250 - 300ms average. watching my fireball take 4 secs to cast is frustrating to say the least.
    Shame to hear that tbh, really is. Hard to believe that they could not dedicate a server to you guys. Even throwing one in Cali would help I'm sure.

HK was opened at around 11-2pm server on july 27th. As far as the point of this post, if it is to ask for them to nerf interrupt mechanics so Oceanic players can utilize US servers I say let the US players in your guild worry about interrupts. Take in mind I'm not attacking you just curious to understand in detail.
    Are you sure about the opening time, because I was sure I saw guilds zerging the instance barrier and being ported back 20 feet until 6pm when Murdantix came down the stairs and started the opening event. My guild at the time didn't raid on Wednesdays so I can't 100% confirm.

Personally I've never had any problems interrupting on my Warrior or when Archoning, I'm much more reliable than our Warriors that are supposed to be doing it...
    1s cast times with 300ms are hard to handle though, you really have to be eyeballing it pretty attentively.

Shame to hear that tbh, really is. Hard to believe that they could not dedicate a server to you guys. Even throwing one in Cali would help I'm sure.
    Australians and SE Asian players have been crying to Blizzard for years and it never happened. I can understand why, our internet usage and server costs are astronomical in Australia compared to the US and Trion is a small company and there was no guarantee they'd have enough players here for it to be economically viable.

A proper West Coast server would definitely help, I used to get about 180-190ms on the West Coast SWTOR servers before I dropped that train wreck, I average about 250-260ms on the Rift servers which are in Dallas I believe.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Are you sure about the opening time, because I was sure I saw guilds zerging the instance barrier and being ported back 20 feet until 6pm when Murdantix came down the stairs and started the opening event. My guild at the time didn't raid on Wednesdays so I can't 100% confirm.

Personally I've never had any problems interrupting on my Warrior or when Archoning, I'm much more reliable than our Warriors that are supposed to be doing it...
    1s cast times with 300ms are hard to handle though, you really have to be eyeballing it pretty attentively.

Australians and SE Asian players have been crying to Blizzard for years and it never happened. I can understand why, our internet usage and server costs are astronomical in Australia compared to the US and Trion is a small company and there was no guarantee they'd have enough players here for it to be economically viable.

A proper West Coast server would definitely help, I used to get about 180-190ms on the West Coast SWTOR servers before I dropped that train wreck, I average about 250-260ms on the Rift servers which are in Dallas I believe.

Servers are in Dallas TX for US confirmed. also I'm almost positive NA servers didn't get HK until 4-6+ hours after euros cause I remember watching their video streams as we waited for patch and or proper raid force piror to 6server - This was all in response to head start comment ofc and I was just pointing out the euros get the true head start. A Cali server would easily drop 50-100 ms off your lat.
    Last edited by Proudfeet; 04-07-2012 at 05:28 AM.

Shield of Telara

Servers are in Dallas TX for US confirmed. also I'm almost positive NA servers didn't get HK until 4-6+ hours after euros cause I remember watching their video streams as we waited for patch and or proper raid force piror to 6server - This was all in response to head start comment ofc and I was just pointing out the euros get the true head start. A Cali server would easily drop 50-100 ms off your lat.
    Euro did indeed get it first.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

As mentioned, servers are almost never hosted in Asia/Oceania due to the prohibitive costs of running a server here. That's not to say it's not impossible, but few seem to want to host servers in Malaysia or the ilk(which may not necessary solve lag anyway. Singapore to Australia servers is still 300ping for fps titles.)

Alot of the nerfs to cast times may sound like "learn2play" for HK, but they've been godsends when youre stuck on intruppt duty or purge etc and when you fire off your ability is NOT when the thing hits.

It's not to say they are IMPOSSIBLE to do, mind you, but when an encounter is tightly tuned to insta kill mechanics (or, say, heavy damage) everyone knows lag is a killer.

Even using wow tunnel only cuts some of my players pings by fifty to a hundred.

And laethys is getting more and more crowded for some reason as more American guilds transfer here for "off peak". Lag spikes and general disconnects getting more frequent.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast