+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: So why should I be wiping for hours in ID for crap gear?

Soulwalker

Default So why should I be wiping for hours in ID for crap gear?

So from full HK relics to ID relics as a cleric im gaining a whooping 62 sp and 34end, and losing 118sc . I thought the entire point of a new tier was to upgrade my gear not distribute stats around. With a simple conversion of about 2-1 for SC to SP im not even gaining anything. At this current point in time the biggest upgrade for me will be in the first 10mins of 1.8 coming out with my new seal. Im not asking for crazy upgrades but when im actually losing stats to "upgrades" that starts to become an issue.
    Last edited by garnesy; 04-04-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by garnesy View Post
    So from full HK relics to ID relics as a cleric im gaining a whooping 62 sp and 34end, and losing 118sc . I thought the entire point of a new tier was to upgrade my gear not distribute stats around. With a simple conversion of about 2-1 for SC to SP im not even gaining anything. At this current point in time the biggest upgrade for me will be in the first 10mins of 1.8 coming out with my new seal. Im not asking for crazy upgrades but when im actually losing stats to "upgrades" that starts to become an issue.
    Opps im meant to say HK relics to ID epics

Telaran

Ask Josh to add some toughness to your gear is that what you need sir?

What the OP said, x1000

Not sure about the exact stats, but WTF, its such a small upgrade, i mean why lol, whoever made those stats and gear hasn't played Rift ever. Rift wants to bridge the gap between casuals and raiders, by [EDIT] saying, "We are gonna make the hardest possible instance EVER, by giving you the smallest possible stat upgrade EVER"
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 04-04-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Look at the difference between T1 relic weapons and T2 epic weapons. It's not huge. The same thing is true of T2 relic --> T3 epic. But T2 relic --> T3 relic will be a decent upgrade.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

I like this gear curve because in 2 years we won't have Heroic Ragnaros with almost a quarter billion HP.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    Look at the difference between T1 relic weapons and T2 epic weapons. It's not huge. The same thing is true of T2 relic --> T3 epic. But T2 relic --> T3 relic will be a decent upgrade.
    It's still an upgrade though. Hk relic armor to ID epic armor is not an upgrade it's a sidegrade. There just taking all my SC and giving it to me in SP.

Champion

Link your math? You gain more than 62 SP from just a 1 handed weapon upgrade. And spell crit isn't nearly as good as you think it is.

[EDIT]
    you're comparing apples to oranges (no pun intended)

the HEX gear the previous tier (HK) is MEANT to be on-par with the NON-HEX gear of the current tier (ID)

you have to compare the HEX gear of HK to the HEX gear of ID or the NON-HEX to NON-HEX for it to mean anything

its the same reason why people are still using GSB relic weapons in HK, they are special and meant to be on-par with the next tier
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 04-04-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Ascendant

Yeah, I think it's intended that hexed T2 to vendor T3 is meant to be mostly sidegrade. No more gearflation.
    For warriors it's a bit of an exception due to AP changes, itemization change, and tier change all at once.

You wipe in ID for hours because it's fun to beat, to answer the question.
    Last edited by PFalcon; 04-04-2012 at 02:12 PM.

zomg I didn't gain an extra digit in my DPS with this new tier gear! The sky is falling!

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

raiding should be for fun not for gear!

and like veev said the weapon drops will likely easily make up for the smallish difference, plus how much will that improve with ID relics (assuming they exist)

also are the ID synergy crystals out?

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    raiding should be for fun not for gear!

and like veev said the weapon drops will likely easily make up for the smallish difference, plus how much will that improve with ID relics (assuming they exist)

also are the ID synergy crystals out?
    So far on PTS, the ID gear uses the old synergy crystals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Ascendant

Gear is so overrated.

Plane Touched

And we thought you hardcore raiders raided for the challenge...guess that cat's out of the bag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast