+ Reply to Thread

Thread: King Molinar and Cursed blows

Default King Molinar and Cursed blows

Quote Originally Posted by Azunia View Post
    If you play Cursed Blows right the only disconnects you get is around half a second each minute. (Cursed Blows only give you stacks if you stand where the boss was when he casted it, so just move with your maintank and you will have close to 100% uptime on him)
    In reference to melee on molinar, can anyone else verify this? So i can just run with the tank while he kites molinar around aslong as i am not there when he initially begins casting cursed blows?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    In reference to melee on molinar, can anyone else verify this? So i can just run with the tank while he kites molinar around aslong as i am not there when he initially begins casting cursed blows?
    If your tank is indeed kiting Molinar through the entire Cursed Blows phase, he's doing it wrong.

When cursed blows starts, it is a cast. At that EXACT point on the ground, think of it as a small "aura" of danger. If you're around that point where he started, you get the debuff. If you're not around the point that it started, you don't get the debuff.

I'm our main tank for HK, and while tanking Molinar as soon as he begins his cast me and Melee run towards a designated spot in the middle. He runs over to join us after the cast is done (he does not move at first, then he will follow the tank.), and we resume beating his face in. None of us get the debuffs, because we were not around the point in the room where he began to cast it. There's no reason to kite him, just get him to move from that initial spot and you're golden.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 04-04-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    If your tank is indeed kiting Molinar through the entire Cursed Blows phase, he's doing it wrong.

When cursed blows starts, it is a cast. At that EXACT point on the ground, think of it as a small "aura" of danger. If you're around that point where he started, you get the debuff. If you're not around the point that it started, you don't get the debuff.

I'm our main tank for HK, and while tanking Molinar as soon as he begins his cast me and Melee run towards a designated spot in the middle. He runs over to join us after the cast is done (he does not move at first, then he will follow the tank.), and we resume beating his face in. None of us get the debuffs, because we were not around the point in the room where he began to cast it. There's no reason to kite him, just get him to move from that initial spot and you're golden.
    just to clarify, there's the "cast" portion of it and the "channel" portion where the actual red balls go flying out of him, so when we see the "cast" get away, when we see the "channel" its safe right? no debuff and commencing peeling off molinar face.

I am also curious, we had always been kiting him around during that with melee staying away.

We always have melee run out before the cast so we do not get the debuff anyway, but the tank always just starts kiting. Hmmm, we does it wrong, lol. Im excited cause that means dps on Dolin wont ever have to stop to wait for us to catch up haha.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

RIFT Community Ambassador Radak's Avatar

Or you can just interrupt Cursed Blows by using a cleric tank. Rebuke is able to interrupt the cast portion of Cursed blows and the channel will then never happen (cursed blows is every 50sec and rebuke has a 1min cd so you only interrupt every other Cursed blows unless you plan on using 2 tanks just to avoid the mechanic completely.)

Also if you want to delay Cursed Blows this is also possible because aslong as king is moving he won't cast it. Meaning that aslong as the tanks keeps running away from him king shouldn't stand still and he won't start casting Cursed Blows. However the moment he catches up to the tank he would stand still for a fraction of a second and then start the cast. (You can use this to your advantage if you want to have cursed blows at the same time as an add since your melee dps has to move away for a second anyway, Or you can choose a better timing between cursed blows and runic feedback).

As for the actual debuff it stacks on you if you stay in melee range however if you move out of melee for just a fraction of a second it won't stack anymore. Or if you simple move out at the cast and move back once the channel starts your safe.
    Last edited by Radak; 04-04-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

When King begins casting you run away...about 10m...when the channel is going you no longer are subject to the increased damage buff that he puts on you at the end of the cast. So you can run out from king and once the channel starts for Cursed blows you resume dps like normal. There is no need to kite him during this mechanic. Just move for the first portion.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

well reason why i am interested is because we are currently stuck on this boss. we downed him before but a sizeable chunk of our raiding team left he game for various reasons.

So strats that i know are ranged on dolin, melee on king.

watch out for cursed blows,

dps revenant asap,

when blue square pops up move out of blue square,

watch out for purple aoe.

let fear debuff come off molinar,

melee need to grab it to get a buff that allows you to see the forgotten steward,

grab steward and dps him down near the blue square that spawned to dissipate it,

DO NOT DPS DURING FEEDBACK STAGE!!

MOLINAR AND DOLIN ARE TO NEVER BE A CERTAIN PERCENTAGE DIFFERENCE OFF HEALTH OR IT WILL WIPE RAID, need to dps them down as close as possible.

any tips to help? we tried the stack prince and king, but that failed.

The strat is correct, but the execution is probably lacking. Tank the bosses on opposite ends of three squares, so there's room to move but everyone's still in range/los for heals. If you are wiping to Cursed Blows, then you need more heals. There is no need to kite during Cursed Blows. All melee, including the tank just have to strafe left or right 10m from King and resume dps after the channel starts. Have an AoE cleanser near the melee and one near the ranged. Don't forget interrupts on Consuming Essence.
    Ephex
    <Harmless>

Rift Disciple

Word on the street is that the Rebuke thing is going to be fixed next patch, so you might want to learn the mechanic sooner rather than later.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    any tips to help? we tried the stack prince and king, but that failed.
    Assign a specific rogue to handle ranged interrupts of "Consuming Essence", otherwise the tank gets one-shot. The tank should be the only person interrupting the fear, everyone else handles "Consuming Essence". As soon as the revenant dies, let a fear go off.

Beyond that its important to figure out why people are dying. If tanks are dying first, its probably Consuming Essence. Melee, probably not running out of Cursed Blows. Runic Feedback is a player awareness test, you'll figure out who's paying attention and who isn't. If the Revenant isn't dying fast enough, people need to learn to target swap.

Spam AoE heals everytime there's a Runic Feedback or Cursed Blows, someone will need the healing.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Navisn View Post
    The strat is correct, but the execution is probably lacking. Tank the bosses on opposite ends of three squares, so there's room to move but everyone's still in range/los for heals. If you are wiping to Cursed Blows, then you need more heals. There is no need to kite during Cursed Blows. All melee, including the tank just have to strafe left or right 10m from King and resume dps after the channel starts. Have an AoE cleanser near the melee and one near the ranged. Don't forget interrupts on Consuming Essence.
    Do not tank them on the opposite ends of the 3 square margin you have...One square is almost the end of your healing range.

We pull Dolin out and tank him along the blue squares closest to where they are to start with moving him back and forth when he decides to move. Mostly mages and cleric dps on him with one rogue for interrupting consuming essence.

Your ranged group is standing in between the pillars closest to Dollin and move back and forth to get out of the AOE and then King and the melee are on the next set of pillars. You should always be in those two squares unless a vengence spawns there...then move out until it is gone and move back to the original spots.

Your biggest problem here is probably heals. We run the chloro for tanking + another chloro+2 cleric raid healers+2 cleric tank healers on the mage tank. All clerics that are dps are -icar.

As a raid healer I run my senticar build and put mandate on the king tank and I heal him with that the whole fight. We run out for cursed blows and I spam DoL and Healing Communions until over then back in to regen my mana. Right now we are pretty well geared so we ignore the stewards unless a blue square spawns in the middle of our groups. I would recommend a tank healer on the king tank if your tanks is till under geared, but just give the mandate senticar a try with him...

Hop in vent and I will talk more about it with you if you want...and talk numerous strategies with you that you could try.

Vent: Nexilis
    vent8.light-speed.com
    excellence
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Right, at the end of two squares is correct, my mistake.
    Ephex
    <Harmless>

thnx guys, covered all those bases before. gonna try the no kite cursed blows thing. i think most wipes are due to bad luck, seeing a purple circle spawn under a blue square and have prince knock everybody on the aoe stacks, then slowed.... its trully amazing how complex the fight is and how quickly everything can snowball together.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijati View Post
    Do not tank them on the opposite ends of the 3 square margin you have...One square is almost the end of your healing range.

We pull Dolin out and tank him along the blue squares closest to where they are to start with moving him back and forth when he decides to move. Mostly mages and cleric dps on him with one rogue for interrupting consuming essence.

Your ranged group is standing in between the pillars closest to Dollin and move back and forth to get out of the AOE and then King and the melee are on the next set of pillars. You should always be in those two squares unless a vengence spawns there...then move out until it is gone and move back to the original spots.

Your biggest problem here is probably heals. We run the chloro for tanking + another chloro+2 cleric raid healers+2 cleric tank healers on the mage tank. All clerics that are dps are -icar.

As a raid healer I run my senticar build and put mandate on the king tank and I heal him with that the whole fight. We run out for cursed blows and I spam DoL and Healing Communions until over then back in to regen my mana. Right now we are pretty well geared so we ignore the stewards unless a blue square spawns in the middle of our groups. I would recommend a tank healer on the king tank if your tanks is till under geared, but just give the mandate senticar a try with him...

Hop in vent and I will talk more about it with you if you want...and talk numerous strategies with you that you could try.

Vent: Nexilis
    vent8.light-speed.com
    excellence
    some good pointers there, will keep them in mind. might take you up on that offer but at work right now. I think the reason why we flopped last time is because we we're trying way too many new things at the same time, we made too many changes to our regular strategy that worked before. we downed him before so i think only slight tweaks in strat is needed to achieve the same effect. our tank is heavily geared, but then again not sure about healer. i see everything from a dps point of view.

With the massive nerfs to the dps requirement for the fight you can just run an obscene amount of healers and as long as Consuming Essence is interrupted you'll be fine.

When we did the achievement for letting him stack 7 squares we had 6 Cleric healers and 4 Chloromancers and still had to stop dps for a considerable amount of time. If 4 Warrior and 3 Rogue dps can beat the enrage timer with ease then you should have no problem on that front.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread