+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: My thoughts on earning raiding gear

Default My thoughts on earning raiding gear

I know a lot of people are complaining about marks being available through weekly and daily quests so I came up with a solution. Why not just keep it the way it is but also make them require to down certain bosses for certain pieces of gear? Ill explain....

(Im making up these numbers but you should get the idea) In order to be able to buy boots you must have downed the 1st boss in ID. In order to wear the chest you must have downed the 2nd to last boss in ID. Fill up the numbers with the bosses inbetween. This means that people can still get their marks but may not be able to deck themselves out in full gear without the experience of downing the bosses. Thoughts?

Ascendant

Because that actually makes the situation worse. If you do that, just remove the marks and go back to having the bosses drop tokens.

1) The raiders would still be "forced" to run old content.

2) New players have no way to gear up without getting into an ID guild.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Carinae View Post
    Because that actually makes the situation worse. If you do that, just remove the marks and go back to having the bosses drop tokens.

1) The raiders would still be "forced" to run old content.

2) New players have no way to gear up without getting into an ID guild.
    Well you wouldn't have to get more than one token from that boss. Just participate in defeating it once and you will always be able to purchase that type of gear.

There is nothing wrong with the current system. If anything a hardcore person will be benefited more by it than most casuals.

This post is laughable at best, I'm sorry. Marks through dungeons keeps numerous things happening in the game.

1.) Keeps casuals queuing for experts, while also giving them a chance to get epic gear with a little effort each and everyday. What this does in turn is allow this person, if they should ever choose, to get into a hard core guild.

2.) Allows hard-core people to get marks a bit faster than casuals. In turn helps the guild progress further into dungeons.

3.) Most hardcore people have alts, they play these alts hoping to get geared. The best way to do this is crafted gear and mark gear. Then they can start joining in on PUG groups for GSB ROS.

All in all it is a great system, unless you are one of those self loathing people who hate to see people get anything that you feel they didn't put as much work into it as you feel you did. So yeah just stop this pointless threads.

Just so you know I consider myself fairly hard-core, and I don't mind the system being this way. It gives me a chance to see people who actually put effort into their gear.

Thanks.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Plavem View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the current system. If anything a hardcore person will be benefited more by it than most casuals.

This post is laughable at best, I'm sorry. Marks through dungeons keeps numerous things happening in the game.

1.) Keeps casuals queuing for experts, while also giving them a chance to get epic gear with a little effort each and everyday. What this does in turn is allow this person, if they should ever choose, to get into a hard core guild.

Just so you know I consider myself fairly hard-core, and I don't mind the system being this way. It gives me a chance to see people who actually put effort into their gear.

Thanks.
    LOLS at ur comment of people getting ID gear from weeklies/dailies having a better chance at joining a hardcore raiding guild.. If you have no experience in ID and ur fully decked in ID gear no one would still want you.. Look at it this way if ur decked in full ID gear via weeklies/dailies and that person hasn't even stepped foot into hk or any kind of raid content would you want them in your guild raiding.. your answer would be yes according to your statement cause they have full ID gear.

And FYI doing dailies and weeklies requires no effort.. a kid [EDIT] could get this gear with little effort form doing weeklies/dailies.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 04-03-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Rude
    Shunn-Warrior l Tabula Rasa l TODQ 4/4 l FT 4/4
    EE 5/5
    Asbell-mage
    FT 4/4 l EE 4/5 (Alt run)

Quote Originally Posted by Plavem View Post

2.) Allows hard-core people to get marks a bit faster than casuals. In turn helps the guild progress further into dungeons.

3.) Most hardcore people have alts, they play these alts hoping to get geared. The best way to do this is crafted gear and mark gear. Then they can start joining in on PUG groups for GSB ROS.

All in all it is a great system, unless you are one of those self loathing people who hate to see people get anything that you feel they didn't put as much work into it as you feel you did. So yeah just stop this pointless threads.

Thanks.
    I'm not crying about the system now, it was just an alternative viewpoint lol. And correct me if i am wrong but you can gear up for RoS/GsB with plaque and crafted gear. You don't have to run through anything to get that gear. And most Pugs don't require the achievement for you to go and once u down all bosses, u are free to get all the gear.

Ascendant

Yeah that would pretty much shoot every kind of player in the foot: "forcing" hardcores to do content below them, and blocking undertier raiders from using what they've gotten till they no longer need it.

The same accelerant is being thrown on raiding vendor gear that's being thrown on PA and ISS gear. If you're going to propose alternative to this, it's actually a system-wide model. Not just a raiding model.

Plane Walker

You can have you thoughts, go ahead, have them.

but your proposal for a fix is awful, seriously, you have completely disregarded the intent with which trion is doing this:

To keep new players that would be hardcore raiders or casual's that want to stop being casual and get into hardcore raiding caught up.

the only proposals I've seen that actually work with Trion's intent is what Trion want to do, and delaying what Trion want to do for a month or two
    'It's been a looooong time....

Plane Touched

given the gear costs (PTS Ember watch forges) for ID gear is 80/120/150 (instead of 50/80/100 in HK) which implies the increased amount of marks outside of ID is probably intended to cover the difference.

I don't care about the marks allowing casuals to get gear eventually.
    I don't care about the marks allowing raiders to get their gear faster.

What I am concerned about is how this will affect Expert Dungeon runs and t1 Raid runs.
    When I started Rift, I remember going through the dungeons with a bunch of other people with equips that just barely met the requirements. We learnt mechanics, fought hard and felt good when we defeated each boss. And we learnt mechanics that would later appear as harder/extended versions in higher-tiered content.

These days, most pugs have at least one HK-geared raider and people tend to just fly through the content. I can only imagine that new players will just be rushed through all the content without really learning about boss mechanics (most likely even skipping mechanics due to over-dps/over-heals).

I've read about issues of pugs rushing through content at a pace that, say, the healer/tank cannot handle, or others of people chatting about how bad the dps in this pug is.
    If ID marks are in the expert dungeon dailies, will it benefit the community in the long-run? Will new players truly enjoy previous content? Or will they think the game is too easy and quit because they are running expert dungeons and GSB with ID-geared raiders?

I personally think ID marks weeklies should be restricted to HK/RotP and if necessary, half the HK marks given in t1 raids.

Plane Walker

My suggestion would be this:

1) Release ID
    2) remove bugs found by the community.
    3) wait for 1 or 2 guilds to complete the entire instance without bugs.
    4) after a few weeks patch in some weekly HK/RotP quests for 2-4 Infernal marks.
    5) possibly throw 1 (ONLY ONE) Infernal mark into the T1-raiding weeklys.

Rift Master

Speaking as a new 50 trying to gear up, the one thing I don't want is for Rift to go the route of WoW and let you skip content to jump right into the newest tier. I want to gear up from the experts, and raid rifts, and go to GSB and RoS with my guild's new raid team, etc. and do things the right way, not farm experts for two weeks and be able to jump into ID.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    Speaking as a new 50 trying to gear up, the one thing I don't want is for Rift to go the route of WoW and let you skip content to jump right into the newest tier. I want to gear up from the experts, and raid rifts, and go to GSB and RoS with my guild's new raid team, etc. and do things the right way, not farm experts for two weeks and be able to jump into ID.
    you won't.

everyone is freaking out like you can farm experts for a few weeks and have full HK gear, not possible, you'll still need to do T1 raids and then HK/RotP before getting into ID.

Ascendant

You don't get the option to have challenging 5 man t2s. You get to choose between dead T2 queues and horribly twinked alts not taking the T2s seriously and subsidizing raider participation.

They chose the latter. T2s will only get challenging again with T3 and 4 5 man content.

Devs simply haven't chosen to keep up the tiers for 5 man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast