+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why the need for too much speed

Default Why the need for too much speed

Okay, I like expert dungeon speed runs as much as the next player...but when I'm healing and die 2 to 3 times because a tank can't be bothered to get all the aggro...WTF? I can pull 500dps while healing, bursting up to 1500hps...and still get clobbered because I can't take more than about 2 hits. If you want to do a sloppy 10 minute run, get your guildies to run...if you want me to heal you (ie pug), please at least control the aggro. Thanks! And have a good Telara day...

/rant off
    Last edited by Valarouko; 04-02-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Plane Walker

A good tank will make sure they have aggro before pulling another pack.

This is a PEBKAC (tank).

Did you try and tell him to slow down?

I guess I wrongfully figured (my apologies) that after my second death to uncontrolled aggro, he might have figured it out . This is not a single incident...but about one in 4 or 5 ends up like this with an overgeared tank. Maybe I expect too much from my tanks in pugs...

bad tank is bad
    did he blame you or the dps?
    who took my names!

Banned

Yeah, I just had the exact same thing happen in a random and the tank and the person from their guild immediatly started to point fingers and make jokes about why they don't use that crappy spec (Wardi/Sent) when they pulled 6 different pulls as one, but couldn't keep aggro off the one soothing strem stack I got off before he ran around a corner and then out of range. . . .by that time I was already dead.

Terrible terrible tank. I wish people wouldn't let their elitism ruin the game like that.
    Last edited by Traciatim; 04-02-2012 at 07:34 PM.

He blamed me... Guessed I couldn't heal stupid well enough...I'm not a super healer, but I rarely have any deaths...
    Last edited by Valarouko; 04-02-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Rift Disciple

yeh had the same thing happen the other night.

Tank had 22k hp in full HK relic gear.

We wiped twice going down the ramp in DD both times the tank survived but the rest of the party died.

half of the mobs reset with the tank ending up at the bottom of the ramp and me and all the dps at the top with half a dozen mobs between us.

one of the dps said WTF happened why did we wipe?

i just said bad tank and he rage quit.

i dont even bother queing as heals anymore and will only heal if it is a full guild run.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DammitBilly View Post
    i dont even bother queing as heals anymore and will only heal if it is a full guild run.
    This is the direction I'm heading too . . . I'll just go as DPS, and I'll only hit things once the tank stops moving.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    A good tank will make sure they have aggro before pulling another pack.

This is a PEBKAC (tank).

Did you try and tell him to slow down?
    lol slow down.
    no but really if you DO ask most reasonable ppl will actually either slow down or stop and ask you why.

personally i pull really aggressively even in raids and pug raids. in guild they are all use to it and know exactly how i pull and how to react. in pugs its never been an issue either. only real time ive ever came up against it being a prob is other guilds ill get in on their T1 runs. some of them have asked me to slow it down because of new ppl which i will happily do. the new ppl dont react the same as someone thats done the raid many times before.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Seems Rift is becoming the new Wrath runs for little pro leets, you know the type, Rambo tanks, Mages who you just know played a gnome Mage in WoW sporting his green Mr T mohawk screaming "go go go!"...."pull faster ffs!"

Experts now are just an e-peen for Mr "i'll just pull all and keep running, lulz" awesomesauce, check my e-peen Rambo tanks, fine, got no problems with that if they mention it at the start or ask if anyone is there for first time etc

If you want to circle jerk, do it with your admiring Guildies

Champion

I personally prefer tanks who pull mobs faster. I just go into an actual healing spec and let the DPS do their worst (hopefully enough DPS to kill things quickly)

Nobody wants to spend 30+ minutes in a dungeon, why make it take that long?
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Soulwalker

Just an observation - the forums are full of tank abuse threads. Makes it hard for any new level 50 tank to have any interest in queuing.

Shield of Telara

This is why you go cleric, it's almost impossible to lose aggro

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    This is why you go cleric, it's almost impossible to lose aggro
    You keep thinking that
    Last edited by Nuxt; 04-03-2012 at 12:22 AM.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Volsey View Post
    Just an observation - the forums are full of tank abuse threads. Makes it hard for any new level 50 tank to have any interest in queuing.
    its not like that
    if you are a new tank, so long as you let your group know, 99.9% will be fine with it and act accordingly, aka obey the x-second rule and be more careful.
    as for the other 0.1% well, its good odds and if your tank, its your call.
    who took my names!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast