+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Infernal Marks of Ascension will be available via random dungeons and weeklies?

Ascendant

Default Infernal Marks of Ascension will be available via random dungeons and weeklies?

From PTS:
    http://i.imgur.com/bIRAx.jpg

So add in bonus and possibly getting these from master mode, and these marks will be falling from the sky. Never need to set foot into HK or ID if you're a casual and hardcore raiders will be forced to do random dungeons and weeklies all while putting the hours into progression.

discuss.
    Last edited by TheRealKillian; 03-30-2012 at 04:47 PM.
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Rift Disciple

I agree that, assuming ID costs are the same as HK costs, this makes it too easy to get ID gear without stepping foot into ID. On the other hand, I think this is needed in order to keep the old content worthwhile. It just needs to be reduced a bit.

Without a good way of giving less than one Infernal Mark for a random expert, I'd suggest that the costs for ID gear are simply raised in comparison to HK. Maybe double? with belts at 100 Infernal Marks and chest/legs at 200, and then increase the drop rate from ID bosses to 6ish or more, depending on how many ID encounters give Infernal Marks.

Ascendant

Forced. Oh lordy, lordy, raiders have been forced. The casuals are coming, the casuals are coming. We are undone.
    Sounds ok.

Wait, What?

Stop the Madness

She Should Have Seen It Coming

(My thought process on viewing this thread.)

I'm not really sure I like this. I don't like this road Trion is going down. I hope ID's difficulty backs up needing the dailies and weeklies giving out marks as well. If not, I don't think trion will have a hard core raiding base for the next tier of raiding.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 03-30-2012 at 05:08 PM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

I don't like this being introduced initially.
    Perhaps 2 months after opening ID they could add Infernal Marks into daily/weekly rewards, similar to how they did it with GMoAs.
    Doing off the bat is far too early though.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-30-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Nope.

They should wait to add it to the reward same as it was done with HK. Otherwise whats the point of even working on raid content lets just have ppl do experts all day to get them over time via dailies.
    Tres <Wipe>
    WOLFSBANE

Champion

Coming from the weeklies, okay, but 4 marks from the 20 and 2 from the 10? That's a touch much.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

It was suggested in another thread. Why not add new weeklies for HK and RotP and have ID marks drop from those weeklies instead of T1 raid content. There would be a lot less QQ.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 03-30-2012 at 05:18 PM.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

yep, maybe a weekly for HK and RotP, and totals were 2 and 1, respectively. I can't really see more than that, and for T1 raid content and experts, that's just kind of silly
    Last edited by gfiz; 03-30-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Ascendant

You all get one or the other:
    A. Very tough ID, rough transition from T2 to T3, WITH buffer over time mechanics like this to give people eventual footholds into the stat and gear boosts from ID.

B. Easy ID, monopoly of marks from within the zone itself.

This is hopefully indication that ID is the savior hardcores want it to be, instead of the smooth transition zone it probably should be.

A mechanic like this is meant to push people stuck getting their faces beaten in by early ID a foothold into it. HK sorely needed that and it was provided.

You do not get Choice C, which is "I get my zone to myself and everyone else fails to get traction in it like the first 4 months of HK."

The only logic i can see Trion using to do this is that they really want raiders to have the best gear by basically saying that the relic armor is the true raid gear. If this is so i really hope it is a good bit better than the regular pieces.

I honestly dont care to much about this as i am here to see ID, but i think it is a bit early to be handing out ID gear when the majority of people havent killed Aky.

I really think they should not reward Infernal Marks for T1 raids and experts. Should be, as suggested in a previous post, a weekly for HK/RotP.
    Last edited by laughingskull; 03-30-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    Dragonskull - Faeblight: <Betrayle> Warrior Tank/DPS
    Laughingskull - Faeblight: Warrior DPS
    www.youtube.com/laughingskull92

Rift Disciple

The problem here is the volume of marks you can get from outside ID 4 from the 20man, 2 from the 10man, 7 from the 5mans, and on average 4 from bonuses for a total of 17. Assuming the first bosses in ID are worth 3 marks a piece you would have to kill 5 bosses before you started getting more from actually doing the new zone. That just sounds a bit ridiculous. Maybe get rid of the ID marks from 5mans and as others have said make a weekly for the T2 content. I have no problem with them adding ways to gear up faster once the zone has been cleared, but while its still progression content it needs to be limited.

By the way, has anyone checked the master modes. If the trend continues you should be able to get another 6 or so from MDD and MCR.

Rift Disciple

Shouldnt release with ID, should be released AFTER ID if at all..... so tired of raid gear for casuals who dont ever raid to begin with
    DROW <Brotherhood of the Spider>-- Shatterbone --- 20mans:: 5/8 ID, 11/11 HK, 5/5 GSB, 4/4 ROS{} 10mans: 4/4 RotP , 4/4 GP, 4/4 DH //\\ Foxplay PA Level's counter: 1034 (T2 PA cap makes me sadface)

Numbers as they are currently are stupid. I would hope it's 1 a week if they do it at all.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast