+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Surviving General Silgen Incinerate

Default Surviving General Silgen Incinerate

Need a few tips on best healer make up to survive generals incinerate without using the priests so we can get the achievement.

Our raid force has very few HK relics and the majority of us are regular 4 piece HK geared.

I was thinking something along the lines of 4 healers. 1 chloro for cleansing and healing, 2 wardens and 1 purifier.

Anyhow.... thoughts, suggestions?
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Telaran

Supposed to run as many wardens you have for downpour, from what I always read. I would imagine at minimum thee, or 4. With the changes to wardens in 1.8, no clue how this achiev is supposed to be done though since warden heals arent supposed to stack or something? i dunno, but then I also heard they decided warden change might not effect pve anymore, sooo yea.

Ascendant

The only issue with relying on Downpour is if that cleric gets Heat Funnel things can go south quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    The only issue with relying on Downpour is if that cleric gets Heat Funnel things can go south quickly.
    This.

We did it using 2x wardens, 1 bard, 1 senticar. We had one warden die three times and managed to get through incinerates without both downpours, so it's not really a requirement. You won't benefit much from a third either. Definitely recommend bringing a solid senticar though for the 3.5k DoLs.

If you go with the warden method prepare for wipes from RNG. It falls back to pure luck.
    Last edited by SarahR; 03-30-2012 at 02:52 PM.

We used 2 bards to alternately heal through Incinerate with VoJ and CoR spam which they can do even if moving. We also made sure all members had Heroic Healing Philters and there was a senticar for general healing.
    Last edited by Zazen; 03-30-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Ascendant

If you plan on bringing multiple wardens, make sure they are rotating Healing Showers for Incinerate. Healing Showers can proc Overflow each tick, unlike Healing Flood or other hots.

A senticar is definitely handy when the first debuffs go out after Incinerate (for aoe cleanse) and then DoL+HC spam.

A purifier is a terrible idea because the tank damage can easily be covered by the healing zerg you're already bringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    If you plan on bringing multiple wardens, make sure they are rotating Healing Showers for Incinerate. Healing Showers can proc Overflow each tick, unlike Healing Flood or other hots.

A senticar is definitely handy when the first debuffs go out after Incinerate (for aoe cleanse) and then DoL+HC spam.

A purifier is a terrible idea because the tank damage can easily be covered by the healing zerg you're already bringing.
    I was thinking purifier for gathering of the ancestors for the raid wide shield.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

Ascendant

the damage is like 80% of ur HP initially then it ticks for like 2k every second.

You will need 2 51 wardens among other DOL or chloro healing
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kliknik View Post
    I was thinking purifier for gathering of the ancestors for the raid wide shield.
    Nah, the buffer isn't worth taking up an entire slot.

We went with 3 51 wardens for this achievement, had 2 wardens on rotation for each incinerate.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Ascendant

If you want your clerics to be really pro, have them run 51 warden/11justicar.

Godmode
    Last edited by Ahov; 03-30-2012 at 08:41 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQxiZvLYH6s
    Heres a vid i found - no sound but gives you a general idea. And ye the heat funnel rng killing clerics during downpour is nasty

Thanks for the journey RIFT - It's been fun

And I'm pretty sure they reverted the warden nerf for PvE only. 51 and 3x/3x Ward builds should work the same outside of WF's. They just decided to drop the nerfmountain on what Ward spells heal for when in PvP. Big thread on it on the PTS forums, just look for Rant's post.
    Last edited by Valavus; 03-30-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

We used just 3 Senticars (1 Bard, 1 Pyro/Chloro cleansing). We initially tried it with the three of us as Wardens but having to stand still and possible Funnel wipe was just not working out.

I was one of the Senticars and I stood and spammed HC until Funnel then moved and used DOL. It definitely made the fight a lot more fun that's for sure .

Prophet of Telara

Chloro isn't best for this as its more constant heals rather than bursty heals. So keep a chloro for dispelling then have at least one 51 warden and 2 DoLs - senticar DoL burst is possibly even better than downpour in my opinion.

I got the achiev with one warden, one senticar and one inquisicar
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast