+ Reply to Thread

Thread: have a heart

Rift Disciple

Default have a heart

those of us who played in beta and at release recall that greenscale originally granted a heart to everyone in the raid.

this was changed a few months later to the current state of things where only one heart is given per kill.

i think it might be nice if we reverted to the old way with the release of id.

it would allow starter guilds and people who don't raid as often to get into hk a bit faster, and also encourage people to still do the epic quests even though the rewards are now easily replaced by better purples.

on a side note, i would love to see that same quest line continue for those who have completed it...

thanks for reading.

Default 2 hearts

Clarification: Lord Greenscale drops 2 hearts. We normally give these to whoever is closest to finishing the quest, or in most cases to whoever may be thinking about doing the quest. That said, not too many people seem to have a desire to do the chain. I personally loved this quest chain, I think it is one of the best in the game. The life rabbit pet and title are awesome, and if you aren't fully raid geared the final item is typically very nice and in some cases arguably best in slot.

I'm not against changing it back, but just saying there is some apathy there.

Most guilds don't even care about GSB any more. He drops two hearts as it is - if you're in a guild where that's the extent of your prgression, that's more than is reasonable, and if you're beyond that point, nobody cares about them anyway. We're at the point where people are grabbing hearts on the basis that they might want to complete the quest for lore reasons at some point in the future - but if you genuinely need them for gearing up purposes, two a week on top of the potential relic drop is more than enough...

Quote Originally Posted by bouhhan View Post
    those of us who played in beta and at release recall that greenscale originally granted a heart to everyone in the raid.

this was changed a few months later to the current state of things where only one heart is given per kill.

i think it might be nice if we reverted to the old way with the release of id.

it would allow starter guilds and people who don't raid as often to get into hk a bit faster, and also encourage people to still do the epic quests even though the rewards are now easily replaced by better purples.

on a side note, i would love to see that same quest line continue for those who have completed it...

thanks for reading.
    Slight correction, this was changed within a few days following the first kill not a few months. It wasn't ever intended for an entire guild to obtain what was at the time a BiS weapon from a single kill. Now though, I don't see a problem since GS drops relics and the weapons will likely be replaced fairly quickly.

Came looking for a thread on **** Cheney.

Left disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    Came looking for a thread on **** Cheney.

Left disappointed.
    Lol censoring a first name.

I run in multiple GDKPs a week in GSB and I'd say over half the time no-one even wants the quest item at all. The amount of drops per kill doesn't need to be increased.
    Nope.

We run GSB 3+ times a week for the weekly Quest and exp and to fights boringness ^^... (5+ Guildmembers + Pugers)
    Dumping the two hearts allmost every run.
    so i don't see a need for that change ;P
    Last edited by Kakyo; 04-02-2012 at 03:35 AM.
    Frostbringer Raid
    ID 5/8
    R40 Rogue Brutwacht EU

I'd do it just for the weapon models.

Phantasmagoria and The Equalizer are still two of my favorite weapon models.

... wtb weapon wardrobe.

+ Reply to Thread