+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High Priest Arakhurn & Slow Burn

Shadowlander

Default High Priest Arakhurn & Slow Burn

Okay in what ways do you gain stacks of Slow Burn? It seems that there are just two ways:

01. Over time / "Naturally"
    02. Getting Hit with a ground affect

Can you get extra stacks of slow burn by falling in the lava etc?

The reason I ask is every time I have done the High Priest it seems everyone is reaching 6 stacks and starting their PBAoE during the first LoS during phase 3 or just after it, which tends to kill people. If their was a way to force 2-3 stacks onto a person we could assign someone to say jump in and out of the lava until they reach 7 stacks and cleanse off the buff just before the LoS.

Is it possible to have someone get far enough away from the High Priest at the end of phase 1 to not have their Slow Burn stacks removed?
    HK 10/11 RotP 4/4

I think it just builds up over time.

Split up during the first LOS phase after he rebirths - half the raid goes behind the left rock, half behind the right, and split the healers up accordingly. It should just about be survivable and, after that, you should get the opportunity to clear your stacks before the next LOS phase and itwon't be an issue.

Plane Walker

I've noticed this happening in my groups too. We usually have the chloro (me) pick up the crystal first and that pretty much means no one dies unless they are stacked up for some reason.

Champion of Telara

We always experience this:

After the Phoenix rises from the lava the adds are burned down. We LoS the AoE and everyone is now approaching dangerous stacks. Spread out as soon as the AoE is done casting, and everyone in the raid will have x6 stacks pulsing AoE around them.

So, I often tank this on a warrior character, and will have a 32 WL spec specifically for this moment using Aid and Rallying command to stem the AoE. Have your healers focus on AoE healing at this point, and once the debuff is removed via the fire elemental, you will start to resume easier timing on the debuff.

I think it's an intended mechanic of the fight. Otherwise it would be incredibly easy/boring.

Over time.

Ground AOE.

Tanks grab an extra tick for eating the first hit of the pulsing aoe every phase.
    Last edited by LockedOn666; 03-30-2012 at 09:48 AM.

It helps if you stack for the entire fire elemental effect. You get continuously cleared of stacks
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Plane Touched

You'll always run into lots of stacks right on that first LOS of the 2nd phase. We just have our Bard grab the first add crystal and Cadence heals take care of things no problem until the elemental morph happens.

When everyone is stacked and LOSing, drop a healing philter or tell people to use a heal pot if you need to.

Make sure to have a rogue run Nightblade on this fight to make it really quick and short with that crystal. Can peak nearly 100k DPS as NB.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

At last check, once you hit six stacks - you become ignited. (A full) Fire resist does not seem to properly lessen the damage inflicted to others or received from it.

Essentially, people at five to six stacks need to slack (not stack) behind the rest of the group who isn't ignited. Seems to do the trick for us.
    --BC

Rift Chaser

Another helpful tip is have the Chloro (if you're using one) grab the first crystal that drops from the add. It will greatly increase his damage and thus his healing. I guess this would work for -icars and reparation too.
    Last edited by Zadozex; 03-30-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zadozex View Post
    Another helpful tip is have the Chloro (if you're using one) grab the first crystal that drops from the add. It will greatly increase his damage and thus his healing. I guess this would work for -icars and reparation too.
    This works a charm as well.
    --BC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zadozex View Post
    Not near as much as it will a chloro, reparation isn't that good to the point where you should give the DPS crystal to an -icar if you have better choices.

My guild's strategy is to stay spread out. Everybody gets assigned a number and spread out evenly.

When the fire elemental pops, the person gets the tanks first and then gets everybody else. If stacks are not too high, you can collapse toward the elemental to get cleansed. Otherwise use your best judgement and if you're blasting out aoe's, don't run in too early and kill people.

If you're spread out, you shouldn't find yourself behind the rock blowing eachother up.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    Not near as much as it will a chloro, reparation isn't that good to the point where you should give the DPS crystal to an -icar if you have better choices.

Cadence seems to be the best option though.

Bard for first crystal, Nightblade for 2nd crystal, dead mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    My guild's strategy is to stay spread out. Everybody gets assigned a number and spread out evenly.
    We also spread out, but we don't assign numbers or collapse. Elemental just does a loop around each time and gets everyone. We have folks watch the cast bar for Nova and book out from the rock first time in the second phase, and that seems sufficient to keep anyone from getting hit by the AoE. Have a DPS grab a crystal each time, and the bird burns down fast enough.

Though I actually wasn't aware that the ground AoE added a stack if it hit you. Don't think that's happened enough to be an issue.

We run 4 healers (2 war/sent, 2 chloros) stack for the whole first phase (except tanks) after rebirth and first nova everyone spread out till they get cleansed then begin to stack again behind the rock. When someone reaches 5 stacks of slow burn they move away from the group stacked behind the tank rock and elemental runs to the the person standing outside, then elemental and player standing outside main grou runs back to the rest of the raid.

We haven't not really found any way to control who gets the burn. The only time It becomes a problem is right after that first fire nova after rebirth, but as long as everyone spreads as soon as they get out of cover its not to bad.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast