Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Who won and lost in this scenario?

Default Who won and lost in this scenario?

Entered a dungeon...not a word is said among players. We start off right away.

During the progress, Tanks starts to...umm, "criticize?"

1. "You need to get a better dps spec."

2. "Don't do THAT! (used an ability that bumped a mob a little..maybe two meters)"

3. "You need to have situational awareness!"

4. ...

Suddenly someone initiates the "vote kick" box...and I didn't hesitate to vote him out.

He was voted out in a split second.

The initiator stated "I just couldn't take it anymore."

As we waited for a new Tank, the consensus among was that he was basically being a pain-in-the-***.

Though it was acknowledged that what he said was true, it was his critical approach and overdone seriousness about the whole dungeon that led to the vote.

You see, when you get too serious, you stop having fun..and we wanted to have fun.
    Games are for fun, no? Proper attitude plays into all this.

New Tank shows up...we pressed on and finished the dungeon without incident.

Cordial "thank-you's" at the end and everyone went their separate ways.

Now, for all you "serious," "elitist" players: who won and who lost in this scenario?

My dps may not have been to his satisfaction, but I finished the dungeon and had fun in the process. I think he lost.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Omni View Post
    Entered a dungeon...not a word is said among players. We start off right away.

During the progress, Tanks starts to...umm, "criticize?"

1. "You need to get a better dps spec."

2. "Don't do THAT! (used an ability that bumped a mob a little..maybe two meters)"

3. "You need to have situational awareness!"

4. ...

Suddenly someone initiates the "vote kick" box...and I didn't hesitate to vote him out.

He was voted out in a split second.

The initiator stated "I just couldn't take it anymore."

As we waited for a new Tank, the consensus among was that he was basically being a pain-in-the-***.

Though it was acknowledged that what he said was true, it was his critical approach and overdone seriousness about the whole dungeon that led to the vote.

You see, when you get too serious, you stop having fun..and we wanted to have fun.
    Games are for fun, no? Proper attitude plays into all this.

New Tank shows up...we pressed on and finished the dungeon without incident.

Cordial "thank-you's" at the end and everyone went their separate ways.

Now, for all you "serious," "elitist" players: who won and who lost in this scenario?

My dps may not have been to his satisfaction, but I finished the dungeon and had fun in the process. I think he lost.
    It's a scenario that requires a team and each member must be a team player. There are times when criticism might be required and appreciated, but being an *** about it only gets you kicked. Absolutely he lost, although being a tank I'm sure he didn't have to wait long for another queue.

People take games too seriously. Relax, people.

Do you do anything besides underperform in experts and make forum threads about people reacting badly to your poor playstyle?

Jw
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Plane Walker

You just won the game!

i hate slackers
    I hate people who dont want to do things half assed

I will group with that tank any day of the week and twice on saturday.

I hate guys who do stupid things like use an ability that knocks mobs outside of aoe and "back a few meaters" why do i hate that? because I like percision lawn mowing when i am doing dungeons.

I guess its just us old school peopel and people who came from real games, like things ship shape because you wow kids love everything in a chaotic cluster fuq.
    I have done too many dungeons to see the tell tale signs of what people do that make things spiral out of control.

I do my dungeon runs in about 20 minutes, tell that tank to call me we can be friends, because hard nodes people make the best team mates when you do everything correctly.

if you were perfect you would have liked him too
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

people take games too seriously?

Ummm I take MY TIME seriously. I do not have time to waste while you spam fan out with guardian phase on just so you can say" MY DAMAGE IS SO LEET I PULL AGGRO" and other stilly crap.
    I want to get in , do my dungeon run and get out this way I can get on to OTHER THINGS in my day like kids, MW3, Skyrim, dinner/dishes....
    so yes I take MY TIME very seriously.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    Do you do anything besides underperform in experts and make forum threads about people reacting badly to your poor playstyle?

Jw
    Do you do anything besides troll my posts?

If you want to talk under-performance, talk to your significant other. I'm sure he/she has some pointers for you.

Plane Touched

Do you do anything besides troll my posts?

If you want to talk under-performance, talk to your significant other. I'm sure he/she has some pointers for you.
    Don't be childish. It's obvious that you and most of your party were playing like a pack of blind nuns. Situational awareness is important; there isn't a single good reason why you should get caught in any boss effects, mob cleaves, etc.... Nor is there any reason why you should be using Crossfire and punting mobs around like an idiot. If you pulled that crap in any raid you would've gotten booted, and rightfully so. Being bad isn't fun, it's irritating.

i don't think anyone won. He was delayed on his daily, and you have proven to be possibly more smug and elitist than him posting this, as if you had some gleaning wisdom for the rest of us upon your perch. There's no reason to be bad at this game. It's buttons being pressed, preferably in a desirable order. How some people find that difficult is alarming.
    Last edited by gfiz; 03-29-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    Don't be childish. It's obvious that you and most of your party were playing like a pack of blind nuns. Situational awareness is important; there isn't a single good reason why you should get caught in any boss effects, mob cleaves, etc.... Nor is there any reason why you should be using Crossfire and punting mobs around like an idiot. If you pulled that crap in any raid you would've gotten booted, and rightfully so. Being bad isn't fun, it's irritating.
    I'm just returning the "childish" favor to the troll.

Who said I was being bad? No one else complained, and we finished the dungeon just fine. Define good/bad in Rift. Because of the varying specs/gear, everything in Rift is "relative."

One person will see you as a "loser" and another as a "god.' Some players have trouble seeing this though.

Quote Originally Posted by gfiz View Post
    i don't think anyone won. He was delayed on his daily, and you have proven to be possibly more smug and elitist than him posting this, as if you had some gleaning wisdom for the rest of us upon your perch.
    No, I'm just sharing my experience. Take from it what you wish.
    Last edited by Neo Omni; 03-29-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Who said I was being bad? No one else complained, and we finished the dungeon just fine. Define good/bad in Rift. Because of the varying specs/gear, everything in Rift is "relative."

One person will see you as a "loser" and another as a "god.' Some players have trouble seeing this though.

No, I'm just sharing my experience. Take from it what you wish.
    You may be fine, but it is those who refuse to better themselves at the expense of their teammates that lead to people having these attitudes.

Plane Touched

"You need a better DPS spec" -> Stop pretending that your deep necromancer clustermug is DPS and put on something effective.

"Don't do THAT! (used an ability that bumped a mob a little..maybe two meters)" -> I'd be pissed, too, if some fool insisted on punting mobs everywhere with Crossfire, Excommunicate, etc...

Finally, by far the most troubling:

"You need to have situational awareness!" -> Essentially you were playing like a pack of blind nuns, as I've already stated. It's obvious that you and your party mates were consistently eating unnecessary mechanics and dying. Unfortunately, this is the hardest thing for people to manage. You can give someone proper gear, teach them how to run their DPS specs, but if they can't avoid mechanics, they're still bad. Interesting how looking at the screen and occasionally hitting WASD can be so difficult.

So you were running dungeons in a fail DPS spec, knocking mobs away from the tank and presumably standing in the red crap. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    "You need a better DPS spec" -> Stop pretending that your deep necromancer clustermug is DPS and put on something effective.

"Don't do THAT! (used an ability that bumped a mob a little..maybe two meters)" -> I'd be pissed, too, if some fool insisted on punting mobs everywhere with Crossfire, Excommunicate, etc...

Finally, by far the most troubling:

"You need to have situational awareness!" -> Essentially you were playing like a pack of blind nuns, as I've already stated. It's obvious that you and your party mates were consistently eating unnecessary mechanics and dying. Unfortunately, this is the hardest thing for people to manage. You can give someone proper gear, teach them how to run their DPS specs, but if they can't avoid mechanics, they're still bad. Interesting how looking at the screen and occasionally hitting WASD can be so difficult.
    You are so right. We were such a terrible group, which is why we enjoyed out loot and the play experience...and he didn't.

It's because of these people that many players are now overly apologetic about any little mistake they make. I feel sorry for them...often tell them to just relax and enjoy the game.

I'm sorry but when you're below my dps as a tank you might want to respec and think about what buttons you're hitting.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast