+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please, Trion, sort out the itemisation on trinkets in ID

Default Please, Trion, sort out the itemisation on trinkets in ID

Having one worthwhile melee DPS and one worthwhile caster DPS trinket in an entire raiding tier, which drop off of the second- and third-to-last bosses, is not fun.

I'm still using the GSB trinket, and other people are running around with various PVP trinkets or the old Death world event stuff because there's barely anything else to choose from. We've got badly-itemised weapons coming out of our ears that nobody wants, for the love of God at least give us a couple of decent options for trinkets...

GSB Trinket = 52 AP Proc
    Golem Inductor = 30-150AP (usually at 5 stacks)

sooo... 200-250AP/SP trinkets in ID? I would assume so, unless they nerf Golem Inductor and AMOP before ID release.

Trion did mention a while back that they would add more "Interesting" trinkets in the future, so one can always hope they will add something thats better then the current trinkets, but really doubt that will be the case.
    AFK.

Some fun ideas would be:

+% Crit Damage

+Energy Regen/Sec (assuming they don't fix Rogue Energy otherwise)

+1 Weapon Enchant (so you can have 3)

I would also like to see some trinkets with Stats AND a proc.

I think regen trinkets would be very cool at all skill levels. HP/Mana/Energy would all be interesting and have very different uses. Just think HP regen trinket would solve all the Sab healing issues ;)
    Ashnon - 60 Rogue

Not to derail the topic, but I'd actually like to see trinkets drop off trash mobs along with accessories rather than BiS weapons. But I'm in 100% agreement for more than 2 useful trinkets to outfit 80% of your raid. The trinkets and wands gave my guild such a headache.

Ascendant

Trion needs to fix trinket bottlenecking or nerf the two vast outliers. GI has now gotten to the point where it is worth the equivalent of 2-3 relic weapons, and that's completely ridiculous.

I'd like to see a weekly quest where you can fight one extra raid boss a week of your choosing in an arena with your team. Can't be the final boss, naturally.

There is an EXTRAORDINARY backlog of trinkets in raiding right now. That's a function of extreme spike demand for two of them, combined with horrible drop opportunity and rate.

200 marks on vendor may be more appropriate for these trinkets.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    Trion needs to fix trinket bottlenecking or nerf the two vast outliers. GI has now gotten to the point where it is worth the equivalent of 2-3 relic weapons, and that's completely ridiculous.

I'd like to see a weekly quest where you can fight one extra raid boss a week of your choosing in an arena with your team. Can't be the final boss, naturally.

There is an EXTRAORDINARY backlog of trinkets in raiding right now. That's a function of extreme spike demand for two of them, combined with horrible drop opportunity and rate.

200 marks on vendor may be more appropriate for these trinkets.
    I wouldn't mind seeing some trinkets on the vendor. I've been in HK since it opened and I still use a PVP trinket to DPS. Sadtimes indeed.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

I don't believe in being able to purchase them.

If Ocean's Wrath and Savage Tide were good then the trinket situation in HK would have been fine.

Trion just needs to ensure they don't create useless trinkets in ID and there won't be a problem.
    Power/Mana/HP regen trinkets would be useless, no-one should run out of any of those resources.
    Nope.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post

If Ocean's Wrath and Savage Tide were good then the trinket situation in HK would have been fine.

Trion just needs to ensure they don't create useless trinkets in ID and there won't be a problem.
    Power/Mana/HP regen trinkets would be useless, no-one should run out of any of those resources.
    If Oceans Wrath and Savage tide scaled to AP/SP more so than being a friggin hard set value, it would be a worth while trinket. So for example: Make the O.W. and S.T. base off your SP/AP by 25% so it has that potential variance. So essentially, you'd get the hardset value plus the 25% of your AP/SP added on to it. That would make it more worth while, no ?
    --BC

Ascendant

Didn't realize we were posting about big things like "beliefs." By all means.
    Guess you don't wear any vendor armor either.

Shield of Telara

Trion needs to make sure that all the good trinkets in the game don't drop off three bosses (Hylas, Garau and Inwar) it's absolutely stupid and kinda ridiculous for people to be upgrading to the amop from t2 drops (crystallized glob) because they have ****ty luck with pug rolling. More trinkets in the game PLEASE!
    Last edited by Afyael; 03-29-2012 at 11:53 PM.

Not more. Better.

Shadowlander

Love that my 1st SHoE was from a dungeon. The next SHoE is from Inwar in HK... No increase in the amount of people healed, just 100 more HP per heal... That's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellik View Post
    Not more. Better.
    ^^^^^ /10char
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Champion

Why don't you believe in being able to purchase them? Even if Garau and Darktide dropped an item once a week that could be traded for 1 of 4 to 6 trinkets off of a vendor at least people who've been trying for their trinkets for months could have something by now. I wouldn't even have minded seeing something like the GSB quest where you could get a weapon for completing a quest line then killing Akylios.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast