+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resist Engines for HK / RoTP / ID

Default Resist Engines for HK / RoTP / ID

What essences as a cleric tank do I need to start picking up to be tank ready for each of those instances?

General of Telara

Never found the use for a resist machine in RotP as a cleric tank (only used a dps fire resist one when being the ranged guy on our early attempts on first boss - or offtanking the add on 2nd boss as 51 inqui before we figured out the one-tank strat)

For HK, a death resist machine can be helpful on lower floor against Matron/Grugonim if you have "poor" gear. For upper floor, water resist as a tank only helps on Garau, you're better off getting a normal BiS tank focus for Inwar/Akylios.

ID: wait & see unless you have some friends testing it that don't mind breaking NDA

Guess I'll just wait to see what pans out as BiS general purpose tanking essences then after people get done crunching on 1.8 stuff.

you dont need resists for very much in this game. and tanks dont ever need resist unless the tank and the healer are both under geared.

you can make them, and it will help a little. but I dont think its worth it as a tank.

upper HK people need water resist. greenscale death resist when you are new.. thats about all I can think of

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post

upper HK people need water resist. greenscale death resist when you are new.. thats about all I can think of
    He meant Grug. Not greenscale... Also I have seen a few alleged testers for ID with fire resist sigil armed, have yet to see anyone with an earth core. Generally speaking, as a tank, you will not need the resist sigil, just the tank one you normally would use.
    Last edited by guvire; 03-29-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Core of Icewatch - MOIRAE
    ID 4/8 Apply

+ Reply to Thread