Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Infernal Dawn not open until May 3rd?

Rift Master

Default Infernal Dawn not open until May 3rd?

On the PTS right now is a three week World Event that appears to lead up to the opening of Infernal Dawn, and would put the opening on 3rd of May (some official confirmation of the opening date would be nice).

While they delay itself is a pretty big thing for raiders who have been clearing HK for months and raiding in there for months more than that, what it might represent for 20man content release time frames is huge... and frankly not something I am at all happy with.

If the release is in April we've had eight months of HK, if it's in May then nine months - that is an extremely long period of time to wait for new content for those of us who are progressive raiders.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate that we get content patches much faster than any other MMO, that Trion don't want ID to be as buggy as HK was, and that the game has gotten a ton of much needed content updates. Those are good reasons for pushing back raid content.

But on the flip side I do not want to be waiting 8-9 months for new raid content when that is what I and many others are interested in. It is just too long, far too long. I have been a massive fan of RIFT, I have gotten friends to play, spent hundreds of hours on forums arguing why people should try RIFT, I have a recurring yearly subscription for RIFT. I would hate to feel like raiders are being neglected.

I also am a little wary that already the number of bosses seems to be dipping, we've dropped from 11 in HK to just 8 in ID, which means that the content will not last as long and it would be a massive mistake to make us wait another 8-9 months for the next 20man raid.

Do not neglect us Trion. HK was an awesome raid, beautiful. challenging, rewarding, and I have no doubt ID will be the same.

But do not neglect us. We are the cutting edge of any MMO, we are the heroes that inspire other people to play, the min/maxers that create a play style that makes people play religiously, we burn through consumables and help the economy, our BoE epics and overgeared alts in pug runs help other players to progress.

Please, do not neglect the raiders.

Wait, so there is another world event coming after the current live one that has 3 phases?

Can anyone confirm this 100% so rumors don't start?
    In the interview about ID/1,8 they mentioned that ID was goind to be realesed in 1 or 2 months from that date (was about 2-3 weeks ago), so it's not impossible that this is the case.

I wouldn't say its a bad thing if 1,8 comes first so we can get used to it before ID hits, then again 1 week after 1,8 would have been ideal, 3-4 weeks is to much!

Quote Originally Posted by WilkesW View Post
    Wait, so there is another world event coming after the current live one that has 3 phases?

Can anyone confirm this 100% so rumors don't start?
    100% confirmed, check PTS, even the dates are up there.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Until a dev proves me wrong, I'm still going to say it's openning up with the first phase. As far ID itself? I see the progression taking just as long as it took to get through HK. Just from looking at the videos, the fights themselves look a lot more challenging.

If I read correctly, the first boss in the earth wing has puzzles you have to solve while fighting him. In the conclave, emberlord ereetu is making his come back. So that DEFINITELY makes me think that's going to be a hard dps check. Then the pirate ship itself has like 6 or 7 achievements. All around, I just think this dungeon is going to be much harder and unlike anything we've seen before.

WHICH IS WHY IT BETTER BE COMING OUT WITH THE FIRST PHASE OF THE WORLD EVENT!

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

The first World Event Stage is Called: Opening of the Maw, I really hope it means "The Opening of Infernal Dawn".
    AFK.

I remember the same crap before HK, 4 phases of waiting till HK went live (remember the annoying lure stuff where scotty was running around like a muppet?).

Please trion, don't you dare to pull a cheap trick like this again.
    Last edited by Highland; 03-27-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Blightweald - DPS Rogue and apparently best bard EU - 14k Achievs

Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    The first World Event Stage is Called: Opening of the Maw, I really hope it means "The Opening of Infernal Dawn".
    Whilst I much agree with you, the final phase is called 'Heroes of Telara' which makes me feel like during the World Event we will be laying the smackdown on Laethys and Maelforge's minions and weakening their forces before entering Infernal Dawn to finish off the ringleaders and the dragons themselves afterward.

I'm still disappointed, every few weeks I get my hope built up only to see it crushed a little more.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-27-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    HK was an awesome raid, beautiful. challenging, rewarding, and I have no doubt ID will be the same.
    This is very true, but have you forgotten about the endless bugs and glitches (where as we new encounter for bleeding edge raiding guilds = bugged boss)?

I would rather have them finish this raid up 100%, make it awesome and playable, instead of having another HK bugfest.
    Currently not raiding.
    5/5 FT, 5/5 EE.

we were debating this last night in vent, and what I really hope is that worst case maybe they're gating ID. Meaning the first phase only 1 wing is open in ID, second phase the other wing, and last phase, Laethys and Maelforge themselves.

I know this was a popular request back in HK, to gate the content directly, instead of indirectly with bugs and/or impossible levels of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Orakk View Post
    This is very true, but have you forgotten about the endless bugs and glitches (where as we new encounter for bleeding edge raiding guilds = bugged boss)?

I would rather have them finish this raid up 100%, make it awesome and playable, instead of having another HK bugfest.
    yes but they usually don't find those bugs untill its open to the public, so we'll have to wait a while AFTER may 3rd for it to be debugged

Dear god tell me it's not true. I can't take another month of HK. We didn't even start in HK til mid october and we're bored to hell of it. It's honestly becoming hard to fill up HK raids because nobody wants to go anymore.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

I will be so mad if that is true I specifically got off work 11-12-13-14-15. April just for ID
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

Quote Originally Posted by Angryweasel View Post
    I will be so mad if that is true I specifically got off work 11-12-13-14-15. April just for ID
    Without official announcements of the ID release?

At least you'll be able to do Phase 1 all day, every day! lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Clintora View Post
    Without official announcements of the ID release?

At least you'll be able to do Phase 1 all day, every day! lololol

In my defense I saw the dates in that G4 video can't really understand what they get out of misleading their customers...
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

Ascendant

"Don't neglect the raiders" is about the most ridiculous thing I've read on these forums. And that says a lot.
    If devs need a month to finish ID, don't complain about the pre-release activities as if ID is just sitting there with its doors closed and ready until the non-raiders are done with their festival.

They'll be working on ID up until it's ready for release, and it'll be released when it's ready. It's not going to sit there finished but not released.
    Last edited by PFalcon; 03-27-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast