Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ID questions.

Default ID questions.

Oki so I looked on the forums to see if someone has asked about the hit/focus requirements for ID but I'm having trouble finding them as I thought someone had already created a thread for that.

In anycase, my guild is entering upper prior to infernal dawn release and we are having a good time with progression (started only three weeks ago brand new to HK so moving pretty fast I think). Thus our guild is pretty good at mechanics to be able to get so far so fast but we know we are behind on gear since we haven't farmed HK that long.

So, for those guilds that are planning on progressing through ID competatively when it comes out, what are your requirements for minimum hit/focus, and ST DPS requirements? What would you consider appropriate hit/focus/stdps for a casual guild that isn't competing but just going in for our own enjoyment upon release? I assumed it would be 400+hit/focus but some have been saying 380 so I thought I'd just throw the question out there so our guild can be realistic about entering ID upon release for fun or just sticking to HK farming a bit longer.

Thanks for any help.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

shp
    Champion

420+ hit/focus

2500+ st dps

There was an interview on Rift Reporter with a senior raid designer and he pretty much confirmed that the hit requirement will be 400 with 420 to absolutely not miss ever.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Also wanted to ask what your recommended stats are for healers since they are harder to judge. Things like spell power, wisdom, and mana pool.

Also thanks so much for the replies so far. They really help clear things up a lot and give us a nice idea so we can be realistic about when to enter ID.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 03-26-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

They said you dont have to clear aky to kill 1-2 bosses in ID.
    I would say if you can do 3K on Murdantix you should have a shot.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

shp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Also wanted to ask what your recommended stats are for healers since they are harder to judge. Things like spell power, wisdom, and mana pool.

Also thanks so much for the replies so far. They really help clear things up a lot and give us a nice idea so we can be realistic about when to enter ID.
    As a cleric (healer especially) 2000sp unbuffed is optimal IMO. Wisdom and mana don't really matter, just stack as much spell power as you can. Always have pots on your hotbar, use Cascade when it's needed, ask archon for mana when it's needed and you should never run out of mana. Tho it's still a mystery how demanding encounters in ID will be, with 8/11 exp in HK I think you will be able to down one boss or two. This is what one of devs said in some interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    They said you dont have to clear aky to kill 1-2 bosses in ID.
    I would say if you can do 3K on Murdantix you should have a shot.
    The most concrete comment I've heard to this has been "first boss and all mini bosses". Never did I hear someone say that 10/11hk guilds can do 1-2 bosses in there without clearing Akylios or at least being very well geared from HK.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Rift Disciple

In regards to ID any guild can clear first bosses it's like it was when HK came out first 4 bosses were not difficult and gear not super required except tanks of course and deeps need there hit/focus aka runes

Healers stats are not that important but help if your heals suck your raid sucks if there good your good prime example is when my cleric was in lvl 40+ blues/greens a t2 item or 2 with runes walked into a buggy unnerfed HK killed the first couple bosses 3 days after hitting lvl 50 and never had issues healing wise in that raid.

You will find tho ID will be a mechanical challenge and all later bosses are very gear heavy however again first couple you can kill if you don't have ******s
    Shifterz - Rogue
    11/11HK|5/8ID

I wouldn't expect to make it past the first few bosses if your entire raid can't pull 3k each on Murdantix and haven't got Head on a Swivel.
    Nope.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterz View Post
    In regards to ID any guild can clear first bosses it's like it was when HK came out first 4 bosses were not difficult and gear not super required except tanks of course and deeps need there hit/focus aka runes

You will find tho ID will be a mechanical challenge and all later bosses are very gear heavy however again first couple you can kill if you don't have ******s

What's your source?

Quote Originally Posted by Shifterz View Post

Healers stats are not that important but help if your heals suck your raid sucks if there good your good prime example is when my cleric was in lvl 40+ blues/greens a t2 item or 2 with runes walked into a buggy unnerfed HK killed the first couple bosses 3 days after hitting lvl 50 and never had issues healing wise in that raid.

In the case of ID I'd say first three bosses given it has much fewer encounters.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Ascendant

Lots of posturing still on this issue.
    8/11 teams can kill Aky now. Keep in mind that Akylios was nerfed.
    Which means 8/11 teams probably can do 1-2 bosses in ID, and 10/11 teams can honestly probably skip akylios.

There's a difference between "guilds who can kill akylios will only succeed" and "guilds who have farmed akylios will only succeed."

Because honestly 9/11 HK teams *can* kill akylios. And inquisitor. And Inwar. The entire top floor has little to do with how well you will do in ID, because they aren't the limiters to guild success.

Having farmed Aky for months will be the only small difference maker. Otherwise if you have sicaron and grug down....go directly to ID.

I know half of you still want Trion to tell most HK raiders that they don't meet the bar, for whatever personal reasons, but "being able to beat Aklyios"...is no longer what defines good versus unprepared raid teams.

It's just not.

Soulwalker

He's returned from the forum ban!

Right now are requirements for ID is 400 + hit/focus 260+ toughness , 4 piece HK set + crystal , 1 BIS source core , 1 Fire Core and 1 Earth core .... we got most are members at this point in a tad over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    Lots of posturing still on this issue.
    8/11 teams can kill Aky now. Keep in mind that Akylios was nerfed.
    Which means 8/11 teams probably can do 1-2 bosses in ID, and 10/11 teams can honestly probably skip akylios.

There's a difference between "guilds who can kill akylios will only succeed" and "guilds who have farmed akylios will only succeed."

Because honestly 9/11 HK teams *can* kill akylios. And inquisitor. And Inwar. The entire top floor has little to do with how well you will do in ID, because they aren't the limiters to guild success.

Having farmed Aky for months will be the only small difference maker. Otherwise if you have sicaron and grug down....go directly to ID.

I know half of you still want Trion to tell most HK raiders that they don't meet the bar, for whatever personal reasons, but "being able to beat Aklyios"...is no longer what defines good versus unprepared raid teams.

It's just not.
    That is totally off.

Murd was considered Alsbeth level , the equivlant for Aky to the first mob in this tier.

If you make the gear checks hit/focus and toughness you are good to go. The privious tier has nothing to do with the new tier of progression, I will give you that realisticly dont expect to drop more then the first 4 bosses before you need to farm new ID tier based gear not HK level.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast