+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RotP caps

Soulwalker

Default RotP caps

My guild is getting ready to do Rise of the Phoenix for the first time, so were looking for a bit of information regarding hit/focus/toughness caps.

Looking on the forums, people are saying you need 250 toughness, and 321 hit, but in-game it only suggestion 200 toughness. I believe that was for HK though, so maybe the Caps are different?

Basically, what are the Hit, Focus, and Toughness caps for Rise of the Phoenix? Help greatly appreciated!

Soulwalker

My guild usually requires 315+ hit/focus to attend the raid. We just typically use dps as a judge since most people have the hit/focus requirement, for first boss you want at least 1500+ single target dmg from your dps, and 1800-2k for Silgen. As for toughness, I can't quote you any exact numbers but I've tanked the final boss with 210 toughness and no tanking source machine (lack of tanks that day lol =D) and did fine.

~300 hit and you need the DPS. First boss is a DPS check and so is the third boss. You'll need somewhere around 10k+ minimum on the first boss and closer to 11.5-12k on the third boss.

When rotp first came out we went in and wiped on the first boss quite a few times before realizing we weren't ready. We still had people that didn't have their t1 sets and we couldn't get past the main dps check mechanic of the first boss.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

320 hit, 200 toughness.
    Read my Comprehensive Warrior Raid Tanking Guide and Warrior Tank Leveling Guide!
    RIP Affinity. Beta 3 - 5/10/12.
    ID 4/8 | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Shield of Telara

Your dpser's need to be at 2k or over also.

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

The extra toughness some might be referencing is for last boss, who applies a stacking toughness/armor debuff, but more than 200 isn't really necessary if your healers are good and your tanks don't like falling into lava by mistake.

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

cap is one thing, recommended is another, 200 toughness should be just fine, sure the cap is a bit higher due to debuffs, but it should be completable with 200.

300 hit is the recommendation...if you have 320 you will miss probaby 5 times less through out the whole encounter. 300 hit/focus is fine. I can run this with 270 and still pull over 2k dps...you can do it too...the toughness is no big deal..200 is plenty of toughness. If your tank can tank Greenscale you will be fine. Healing on the last boss for the tank is very very simple. Our tanks can easily get up to 15-20 stacks and it does not hurt them still. We can heal through it easily.
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

Champion

I used to run RotP pugs with people in some t2 dungeon gear. The fights will be harder but as long as DPS has the needed 320 hit/focus and healers are good you should be fine. It is a Hammerknell level raid though so I wouldn't expect to clear it first time in GL
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

DPS / Support: 300 base, 310-320 hit/focus recommended.
    Tanks: 300 hit/focus, 310-320 hit/focus recommended; 200 toughness / 210+ for the last boss.
    --BC

just roll a mage and solo cheese it.

elementalist ftw.

who took my names!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hijati View Post
    300 hit is the recommendation...if you have 320 you will miss probaby 5 times less through out the whole encounter. 300 hit/focus is fine. I can run this with 270 and still pull over 2k dps...you can do it too...the toughness is no big deal..200 is plenty of toughness. If your tank can tank Greenscale you will be fine. Healing on the last boss for the tank is very very simple. Our tanks can easily get up to 15-20 stacks and it does not hurt them still. We can heal through it easily.
    15 to 20 stacks, and on top of that easily. Sorry, but no. Your tanks aren't taking any where near that many stacks. At that point they would be running 0 armor and 0 toughness, and they would hit those numbers long before it even got close to 15.
    Last edited by AcidSquirrel; 03-27-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Soulwalker

Our main warrior tanks, ~20k hp, started to die around 8-10 stacks if I remember right. I find 15-20 stacks really hard to believe as well. Just do a tank swap between fire nova phases, will never have more than 3-4 stacks on a tank.

Telaran

Has anyone single tanked the High Priest? I wouldn't think that would be possible with the stacks, but then again we've never tried it. Not really a DPS race anyway, mostly just handling the combustion burns.
    Skelas
    <The Purge>
    You can't hug every cat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast