+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preparing for HK & beyond

Soulwalker

Default Preparing for HK & beyond

Afternoon, I have been an raider in other MMOs for a long time. I wanted to start doing some serious raiding in Rift. However, I am having some trouble. I hit 50 about a month ago on my rogue. I have been working on gearing up but I feel like I have hit a brickwall. I have completed all the t1 raids on both 10 and 20man. I would like to progress into hK and eventually ID.

I have 4set t1 and every piece gear is t1 except for my neck. I do about 1.8k damage based on what was posted by other raiders during my t1 pugs.

I have been looking for a guild and most require full HK gear. If I farm gmoa it will take me more than a month per piece and then we will be in ID and people will require full ID gear.

Can any give me advice on where to start? Some people suggested joining a slow progressed guild but I don't like the idea of just using them...

Should I continue or just give up because it's impossible to get caught up in this game.

To join a semi/hardcore guild you would need to do RoTP and with a few pieces from there plus at least 100+ pa you would be able to trial for most semi/hardcore guilds.
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

If the guilds you're applying for are requiring full HK gear, you're applying to ID guilds. They're going to be beyond you gear level in the short term.

You are in a position to join an HK guild, meaning one that is still progressing through the zone. Search on your shard forums for those guilds and apply to them, instead.
    Lucidium

Soulwalker

I hate that the solution is to use a guild to gear up instead of being able to prepare on my own. I have always been someone that is a loyal long term member of a guild so that doesn't sit well with me. Guess its time to return to WoW. /sadpanda

Quote Originally Posted by Cellice View Post
    I hate that the solution is to use a guild to gear up instead of being able to prepare on my own. I have always been someone that is a loyal long term member of a guild so that doesn't sit well with me. Guess its time to return to WoW. /sadpanda
    You shouldn't take anyone's word on here as law.

There are tons of guilds that would love a dedicated member. Especially guilds that are still progressing through.

They are correct in the fact that a fully progressed 11/11 HK guild is unlikely to take on a "project member" unless they really like your personality.

They are incorrect in thinking there are not guilds out there still recruiting to get started in HK.

TL;DR: Find a guild with your progression, join them and enjoy the ride.

Look harder, there are plenty of guilds still progressing through HK. You're not likely to find any guilds which have made absolutely zero progress unless you start your own, but there are bound to be some which are still working their way through the lower floor. Or maybe there are guilds who do alts runs and/or PUGs for social members that you can join. Ask around in 50 chat, or on the shard forums, andf be prepared to transfer shards if you can't find a guild on your shard that suits you.

I understand your situation - being carried through content other people have on farm is boring as hell, and it's much more fun progressing through stuff with other people for the first time. Progressed guilds now are looking at getting ready for ID in terms of gear and raid composition and don't want to carry people who are still gearing up. But there will always be smaller, newer guilds who are months behind the curve on progression and are looking for people.

Afternoon, I have been an raider in other MMOs for a long time. I wanted to start doing some serious raiding in Rift. However, I am having some trouble. I hit 50 about a month ago on my rogue. I have been working on gearing up but I feel like I have hit a brickwall. I have completed all the t1 raids on both 10 and 20man. I would like to progress into hK and eventually ID.

I have 4set t1 and every piece gear is t1 except for my neck. I do about 1.8k damage based on what was posted by other raiders during my t1 pugs.

I have been looking for a guild and most require full HK gear. If I farm gmoa it will take me more than a month per piece and then we will be in ID and people will require full ID gear.

Can any give me advice on where to start? Some people suggested joining a slow progressed guild but I don't like the idea of just using them...

Should I continue or just give up because it's impossible to get caught up in this game.
    I use to be on Seastone, I left roughly a week ago. That server had a lot of pugs where loot is done by rolls and also GDKP runs for all levels of content.

GDKP is basically spending money to get items. That money is put into a pool. At the end of the raid the money is split between all 20 raid members. I would suggest going so Seastone, you should gear up fast, depending on RNG of course.

Also, use riftstrats.com to read up on the raids that you don't know. Most things have been nerfed into oblivion, especially with ID 2 weeks away. However, it's always good to know the mechanics of a fight, even the easy ones.

There might be others servers like this, but I am just speaking from my experience.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Telaran

You probably chose the worst moment to start applying to guilds, since ID will be released in 2 weeks.
    Still, I guess you have a couple of options :

1) Clear weekly RoTP and join some HK pugs. That way, you should gain on average 70 marks per week ( 70ish from the 2 raids + 7 from experts ); I have no idea about other servers, but on Icewatch there are a couple of guilds that every week pug a couple of players to fully clear HK with their alts, and it whould be the same on other servers. In 3 weeks you should be full HK geared with the 4 pieces and the crystal, and, if you prove to me worth it, i guess a semi/harcore guild could consider taking you in.

2) Farm pvp. It used to be a good way to get HK level gear for people who had no other choice. I've no idea if it's still worth it, but you can look around and see for yourself

3) Ask to join as social while you gather gear. I'm quite sure you'd get a rotp and an hk alt run spot, and, once you're geared, you can ask for a promotion ( assuming the GL saw your awesomeness )
    <Addicted> , Guardian Guild, Blightweald

Kaharas - Mage, Rank 40, 5/8 ID
    Kaharos - Rogue

I'm not sure I completely understand your point of view with that comment. Your goal is to get into HK, their goal is to find players who want to get into HK to progress. It should be a perfect fit! If you apply and find a great guild that you get along with, you can progress with them through HK and on to ID. If you get a guild you're not thrilled with, you leave and both of you have moved a little further along in progression. As long as you don't actively use them, I don't see how it's a bad thing.

If you want to just get some gear to jump straight in to ID, then I'm sorry but you're going to have a hard time finding that unless you have some friends in an existing guild and are an exceptional player. As someone else mentioned, with ID's release just around the corner, few established guilds are looking to add players unless they know that person is vetted.
    Lucidium

Sword of Telara

No offense, but 2 button MM spam can do more than 1.8k. I think you're probably at the level, talentwise and gearwise, as others have said, to join a guild progressing through HK.

People in established 11/11 guilds are probably more likely to gear their alts with relics/trinkets than bring on a project player.

And while you don't want to "use" a lower guild to get gear, you're "using" an 11/11 guild to carry you past content as well.

Ascendant

There are several 11/11 guilds that run or are trying to run multiple raid teams and alt raids. This is probably your best option. If you can prove that you are a a solid player, and regularly attend raids you could move up to the better geared raid core when you're ready.

Beyond that, realistically until you're HK geared, you will not be able to contribute to an 11/11 guild. Basically, you'd be getting carried through the dungeon.
    Last edited by Carinae; 03-26-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caelem -- Warrior Tank/DPS
    Carinae -- Mage Alt
    Greybriar -- <Last Attempt> 9/9 T1, 2/4 GA, 1/4 IG, 1/5 PBB

As others have mentioned, try joining a guild that has off night raids and casual schemes while gearing.

Blitz, for instance, brings our casual scheme members during HK farm nights and rift farm nights if we can spare the space to gear them. Several of our best members and most loyal are the ones who staid on being great team players realizing this. On the flip side, those who wanted to be carried to fast loot and a 11/11 clear....
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Ascendant

You can get into a 11/11 raid team by PUG T2 these days. It'll just take a little plat and being on a high-pop server. It's more efficient than joining a 4/11 guild, which is about what you would traditionally be able to marry up to as a T1 vet but T2 rookie.

It also looks better to you. People who use other guilds to marry up are easy to spot, and easier to decline. As a guildhopper, really the only teams who would take you are the cannibalistic ones at the top, who actively feed off people using other guilds. It's lonely up there.

You should have no trouble finding and getting into a performance 11/11 team with a month of PUG T2 work. There are plenty looking to pad their raid buffers for ID.

+ Reply to Thread