+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShazzamCrucia

Thread: Bard question!

Default Bard question!

Hello everyone!
    I just had a quick question about bards. I REALLY enjoy the class and they seem very helpful to me, but when I go into dungeons people don't seem to want me.

Is this because they just want more dps? And are bards more wanted at higher levels?

I really wanna keep playing her, but if people think bards suck then I should probably re-roll while I can.

Thank you! <3

They aren't really needed for 5mans, so yeah, people do just want more dps to get through the dungeons quicker. Bards are used in 10man/20man content at 50 all the time, though. They're also pretty useful in pvp as well.
    Last edited by vAnathema; 03-23-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Sword of Telara

there is no rush to "reroll while you can", because you can always reroll in this game without starting over.
    The nature of Rifts soul system and respeccing allows you to change your toon at any time, its one of the games strong points IMHO.

In PVE bard is useful in raids but must be a 51 pt bard. Even if you do go full bard as your main spec, youll want to develop a dps spec also.

Soulwalker

you basically buff everyones dps by about 20% so with only 2 dps to buff your only giving off 40% dps going straight dps is 100% but 0% heals, bards give anywhere between 0-75% heals usually

Rift Disciple

Bards: Good in Raids, not so much in 5 mans.

I used to have a BD/RS/Bard spec for soloing.. then EI came out and I went RS/BD/Sin...

You don't need to reroll to another calling, just change up your souls a bit. Try different things. You have role slots, fill them You may enjoy bladedancer or marksman or ranger even. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiamara View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I just had a quick question about bards. I REALLY enjoy the class and they seem very helpful to me, but when I go into dungeons people don't seem to want me.

Is this because they just want more dps? And are bards more wanted at higher levels?

I really wanna keep playing her, but if people think bards suck then I should probably re-roll while I can.

Thank you! <3
    Yea basically in a 5man dungeon, you are a much bigger benefit to the group going full DPS than buffbot.

Think of it this way: a bard adds a fixed amount of dps to each player. In a smaller group you have less players, so the net benefit of the bard is much smaller. The result is that most of us hate seeing someone in bard (or archon) in a 5man as it's just wasting time.

However raiding is different, 20man raids have a guaranteed spot for a bard and trust me you won't be competing with anyone for that spot ;)

10mans is kind of a wash, for most 10man fights a bard is nice to have. Run speed is <3
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Thank you very much for your responses guys! I appreciate it! <3
    I'll make a dps spec and plan on keeping my bard spec for the future ^_^!

Basically, bards "scale" with the number of people in the group.

5-mans, they're a waste of a DPS slot, unless you're really short on AOE healing, which is only relevant on a handful of bosses.

10-mans, it's debatable - if you have an Archon and a Chloro you can probably do without a bard and not miss too much, but it's kind of dependant on encounters.

20-mans, they're more or less indispensable.

+ Reply to Thread