+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Hex Armor pieces as a Loot Council

Default Hex Armor pieces as a Loot Council

How do Loot Councils handle Hex Armor drops during FARM status? Atm we are basically doing it by keeping it even among the raiders (most ppl have 3-4). But we are running into the issue of trying to keep it fair among the new raiders vs the people who have been here since the start of HK.

If you dont want to post feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Rift Master

As ever, loot council is just that. It will always be different from guild to guild.

You could state trials don't get loot until they've passed, exception to the rule is if no one needs the item that dropped.

Keeping it even may seem fair, but there is nothing wrong with rewarding players some extra loot love if they're performing well and not slacking.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Champion

HK has been on Need/Greed/Pass for us for quite a bit :P

I am on a Need/Greed/Pass system as well but, just have people say how many pieces they have if they are interested, then award based on attendance and performance. You are the council so if people feel butthurt then they need to look at themselves. The beauty of it is that next week, if they didn't get it this week they can get it again.

Regardless of how you do it, it should always be tank priority when it comes to armor pieces.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

We also use a loot council in my guild, but we found a ladder system for the hexed pieces worked really well and everyone seems to enjoy it. One person can have their name on one list at a time, if they change lists or get the piece, they can jump to the bottom of another list of their choice. We gave tanks dibs on the legs first, since those were biggest upgrades pre-Aky, but outside of that we just kept with the ladder system. New recruits are 3 week probation unless nobody needs.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffles View Post
    Regardless of how you do it, it should always be tank priority when it comes to armor pieces.
    That's pretty bad advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Value View Post
    That's pretty bad advice.
    In my opinion, when it comes solely to pieces with armor, nothing else, tanks should get priority simply because the armor difference is a mitigation difference as well as the base stats.

The reason for this is that armor is mitigation for physical fights, which is what most fights are, so a tank gets the greatest benefit from armor pieces and hence the raid gets the greatest benefit.

There is an armor difference between the relics and epics.

Once again, in my opinion, the largest purpose of loot council is to best benefit the raid long term, and this is the best way to do it for progression.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

We use lootcounsil and I am the one in charge of loot, what I have been doing so far is to take a look at how many relics players have and try to prioritise the players with the least relics. If there are 2-3 om the same amount of relics I just make them roll since it doesn't really matter who gets it then with an exception of tanks and healers wich have been prioritised.

Edit: I also make sure the rest of the officers knows who gets it before handling it out in order to get a "ok" or "object"
    Last edited by WilkesW; 03-23-2012 at 12:19 AM.

When it comes to relic armour, we give vet raiders (8 weeks, regular attendance,good performance) priority over anyone else and then do round-robin so all vet raiders have the same number of relics. We also put in a system where new vet raiders only get 1 relic per week so that a new vet wouldn't suddenly get 4/5 pieces in one farm night. We just did a simple /roll amongst vet raiders with the same number of relics.
    Zykey Mage - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF
    Zykelot Cleric - 8/8 ID, 4/4 PF

Prophet of Telara

Worst advice is to gear tanks up first. Gear everyone equally.

How we run is a "conveyor belt" system where you reach the top and you get asked if you want the hexed (they check if you need it first) and if you take it you go to the bottom and wait for the others to get their next hexed before you reach the top again. Works well as we all 6/7 relics going into this week so the first 4/5 people got their complete set this week - only item that is out of sync really is the chest but we are already over half way through the raid for the chest.

New raiders have roughly a two/three week period to show their performance and commitment. They then get slotted into the conveyor belt roughly appropriate to what their gear level is - if they have no hexed they'll likely get 1/2 straight off like shoulders or belt.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Champion

suggestion- just start by making sure the person has the non relic piece of gear, that getting a relic will actually be an upgrade for them, and then /roll for the rest. Orange shinies are nice but not game breaking and not as major as an Abyssal Mark of Power or Golem Inductor for example. Eventually everyone will have what they need.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Our loot council has a very basic and simplistic approach to the hexed drops:

All raid members are expected to gear up at an even pace. We allow our users to roll for the hexed item, but require two things. First, they must have and have in their inventory to put on the required GMoA bought piece. Second, they cannot have more relics than the current level of the raid. Here's an example call:

"Hexed boots. Players with three relic items and have the boots purchased, roll."

This excludes those users that have more than the rest of the raid, and we continue to give out to those that have three relic items until all raiders have four.

You may ask how we handle new raiders without any relic items. We put them on the same roll as the current amount, meaning if we were having everyone with two relics roll they could roll with them. No user can win more than one relic in a night (unless it would just be vendored, of course) so they would roll for the same "two relic" club next week as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemo View Post
    When it comes to relic armour, we give vet raiders (8 weeks, regular attendance,good performance) priority over anyone else and then do round-robin so all vet raiders have the same number of relics. We also put in a system where new vet raiders only get 1 relic per week so that a new vet wouldn't suddenly get 4/5 pieces in one farm night. We just did a simple /roll amongst vet raiders with the same number of relics.
    This is the best I've seen suggested. I mean, if someone's been with the guild since progression you're really going to give them the same amount of hexed as someone who just joined, or worse yet someone who wasn't good enough to merit a spot in progression?

I also would never prioritize tanks. DPS makes a huge difference in this game, moreso then others I've played. Once your tank can stay alive, any additional mitigation is a waste but more dps is always good.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

For our guild, loot council awards the lower HK relics to the newer players who have made it to raider status (as most of our vets already have them all) and the upper relics to longer standing members. After fresher members have accumulated 3 relics, they can start putting their names into the hat for relic items from the upper floor. This has worked for us fairly well thus far. We've only had one or two cases of loot disputes from players over relics throughout the whole of our time in HK. I'd call that pretty successful
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast