+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sicaron - Moldering Decay

Default Sicaron - Moldering Decay

Last night, I was tanking Sicaron (as a rogue), and I ran into some issues with surviving Moldering Decay.

It was probably partly because we had some PUG healers in there who weren't the greatest, but I figured I might as well ask: is it death damage? I'm trying to figure out if I should use some resistance enchants to take the edge off.

Ascendant

It's physical damage. For progression run a 51 chloro for MT and have all your clerics run Inquisicar, spamming DoL to hit both tanks during Moldering Decay.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Last night, I was tanking Sicaron (as a rogue), and I ran into some issues with surviving Moldering Decay.

It was probably partly because we had some PUG healers in there who weren't the greatest, but I figured I might as well ask: is it death damage? I'm trying to figure out if I should use some resistance enchants to take the edge off.
    You need a well geared tank AND healers to do what you are trying to do.

Get a second tank to split the damage and you'll be fine.
    "I'm not so familiar with clerics but I just want to help and if I get flames for troller n such I get the idea that half of the cleric population are crybabies for more dps it's true that all classes shud get around the same dps idc about what roles u can fit what amount of dps roles u have cause in the end if every1 has high dps the raid is stronger altogethe"

Yeah, we had a second tank for the split. We only had three healers, though (I think, maybe it was four). Not sure what the normal number is after all the nerfs.

I ended up going DPS so our warrior could tank it, since his block was obviously way higher than my deflect. May end up doing that again tonight, since we got him to like 10% last night until a PUG dropped a contract on the raid.

Thanks for the tips.
    Last edited by Muspel; 03-22-2012 at 06:39 PM.

In my experience, rogues just lack the degree of physical mitigation that warriors have, so they're inherently gimped for this fight when it comes to Moldering Decay.

I know this from problems with tanks dying that were greatly alleviated by using two warriors with the proper spec. I'm certain it wasn't totally gear either because at least one of our warrior tanks - when we started using two - was less geared than the rogue tank we tried to use for a short time.

I'm afraid this is just a fight where - as a rogue in their current state - you'll have less headaches going DPS.

Prophet of Telara

Moldering Decay isn't as bad as it used to be but is still one of the toughest hitting abilities for tanks/healers - especially undergeared and new ones.

As a general rule clerics and rogues simply need to be much more geared than a warrior for the same level of physical mitigation which is why for pure ease and progression 2 warrior tanks are optimal. That is not to say its untankable by rogues and clerics but they will get hit harder and likely need an extra healer each.
    Last edited by AlexTrickle; 03-23-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Ascendant

was able to second tank it but it was really tough, sometimes went under 500 hp ^^. 65% deflect, 30% dodge and 15% parry here. (With all buffs up).

still got some really bad crits, (isnt it, that he debuffs the toughness and it needs to dispelled really fast on tanks, so it doesnt come together with moldering decay? perhaps that was your problem?)

biggest problem is the 6000-7000 life a roque misses compared to a warrior.
    Last edited by Antigonos; 03-23-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    was able to second tank it but it was really tough, sometimes went under 500 hp ^^. 65% deflect, 30% dodge and 15% parry here. (With all buffs up).

still got some really bad crits, (isnt it, that he debuffs the toughness and it needs to dispelled really fast on tanks, so it doesnt come together with moldering decay? perhaps that was your problem?)

biggest problem is the 6000-7000 life a roque misses compared to a warrior.

No. The problem is that you are trying to parry/dodge an attack which can't be avoided. With 2 tanks if you are dipping that low talk to your healers.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    There is no such thing as a toughness reduction on Sicaron - but there is the 'Excruciating Hex' ability, which hits about 4-6 raid members or so (can't remember exactly how many) and ticks for some damage and can be dispelled. This ability can hit the tank, and if the breath comes at the same time, its breath damage + excruciating hex damage together (which might be the issue, but I doubt it).
    Currently not raiding.
    5/5 FT, 5/5 EE.

Telaran

We (Legacy@Keenblade) tried this with one rogue tank, and were able to do it successfully.

However, our rogue tank is nearly full HK relics, and healers nearly full HK relics.

It required coordinated use of various cooldowns during Decay to keep the tank alive. It was very close, and I landed crit heals over 10k.

It was really fun to try though. We have gone back to using two tanks when we just want to drop him.

Champion

51 chloro tank healers are always better for Sicaron because of the affect contracts have on damage output and damage output=heals for a chloro. The reason you use DOLicars instead of puri/sent or 51 puri is because DOL doesn't suffer from pushback and can instantly heal a tank for 2k+ depending on gear/spec. With inquisicar you also get pretty good heals from reperation and your clerics can spec into cleanses or righteous mandate as needed.

We used a rogue tank this week, no issues. When I healed on this fight for progression I used senticar because DOL kept serendipity up almost constantly and cast times were fast enough for good tank heals (I use 31/32/3) and you can Healer's Covenant/repreive/touch the light& HI as needed.

If the damage gets to be too severe a 51 puri could potentially step in and alternate cooldowns with a sentinel/senticar but this would, IMO, be overhealing the fight and may lead to not meeting DPS checks or having to get people to suicide if there's nowhere to put contracts due to poor placement.

GL
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

we tried running sicaron one night with a rogue tank and a warrior tank and the rogue almost immediately dropped no matter how much healing we poured onto him last night we did this with a cleric and warrior tank, the cleric tank was slightly squishier than the warrior however was not getting hit so hard we couldn't heal through him but definetly if you want a faster kill use 2 warrior tanks.
    Last edited by Tyrna; 03-23-2012 at 06:21 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Moihan View Post
    We (Legacy@Keenblade) tried this with one rogue tank, and were able to do it successfully.

However, our rogue tank is nearly full HK relics, and healers nearly full HK relics.

It required coordinated use of various cooldowns during Decay to keep the tank alive. It was very close, and I landed crit heals over 10k.

It was really fun to try though. We have gone back to using two tanks when we just want to drop him.
    Switch to a single warrior tank and it will be fine. We had a 51 puri, some sent/warden and a 51 chloro when trying it the first time. Chloro got bored from lack of damage and switched to raid heals after a few decays.

Probably a gear issue. When I 2nd tank this unless I get very unlucky (not deflecting a single tick) I can get by just on the raid splash heals. Decay is only mitigated by armor and block/deflect so make sure you got your plating/dex hexes/dex pot on.

Also remember to use Blitz on every other decay, with 4pc crystal it's like a free mini-refuge.

Like others have said make sure you have a 51 chloro healing you if your health is dipping like that - their heals are OP on sicaron ;)
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrna View Post
    we tried running sicaron one night with a rogue tank and a warrior tank and the rogue almost immediately dropped no matter how much healing we poured onto him last night we did this with a cleric and warrior tank, the cleric tank was slightly squishier than the warrior however was not getting hit so hard we couldn't heal through him but definetly if you want a faster kill use 2 warrior tanks.
    hows the rogue tanks gear? Cuz our healers say they can't tell the difference between me or our warrior in the main spot on Sica. Granted we are both BiS pre-aky.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast