+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ppl, plz dont apply for random dungeon if you are going to cancel!

Soulwalker

Default Ppl, plz dont apply for random dungeon if you are going to cancel!

GAWD. how long do i have to wait to run ONE dungeon because of those cancelling people.
    If you have something to finish, CANCEL BEFORE THE PARTY IS SET UP please!
    this is ruining my day :/ maybe i should change to a populated server so Im not forced to use this feature...

sorry for caps rage.

Shield of Telara

I don't actually mind, what I get annoyed at are the people that are afk so the timer runs all the way down before re-entering the queue...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by cemos View Post
    this is ruining my day :/

If stuff like this ruins your day..you have more serious problems and should probably seek counseling immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSkillBurst View Post
    If stuff like this ruins your day..you have more serious problems and should probably seek counseling immediately.
    Or if those are the only things that ruin his day, he's doing pretty good.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

a lot of people pvp while waiting for the queue, if they have the flag when the queue pops, they might cancel so they dont screw everything up for their team

also, they may have forgotten they were in the queue and not wanted to go anymore

or, they could realize, when it pops, that they dont have enough time, and dont want to have to force your group to look for another 20min in

or, maybe they forgot they selected tank, and really dont want to tank today, so they cancel and requeue as just dps

or, maybe they logged out at the same time it popped

or, maybe theyre trolling

theres a lot of different scenarios here, some im not even thinking of im sure, shouldnt be so quick to judge, imo

Quote Originally Posted by cemos View Post
    GAWD. how long do i have to wait to run ONE dungeon because of those cancelling people.
    If you have something to finish, CANCEL BEFORE THE PARTY IS SET UP please!
    this is ruining my day :/ maybe i should change to a populated server so Im not forced to use this feature...

sorry for caps rage.
    some people accidentally click cancel when it pops up, because they were clicking that area of the screen when it popped up. such as when looting a mob.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Personally, I think it's just rogues queing as tanks who don't really tank but just do it to get in front of the DPS queue. The game randomly assigns roles from the available roles in the queue... so a rogue who is a DPSer but doesn't want to wait can queue as a tank... spam cancel until the game decides to give the tank to a cleric or a warrior instead.

I've noticed this trend a while ago. When we would get 5-6 cancels in a 30 second period, the 5th slot is almost always a rogue in our 4-man guild groups.
    Last edited by Laeris; 03-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DjSkillBurst View Post
    Indeed, the OP definitely is facing a First World Problem here. What's next? Will his laptop battery be running low, but his charger is upstairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Personally, I think it's just rogues queing as tanks who don't really tank but just do it to get in front of the DPS queue. The game randomly assigns roles from the available roles in the queue... so a rogue who is a DPSer but doesn't want to wait can queue as a tank... spam cancel until the game decides to give the tank to a cleric or a warrior instead.

I've noticed this trend a while ago. When we would get 5-6 cancels in a 30 second period, the 5th slot is almost always a rogue in our 4-man guild groups.
    mhmm... *hands over tinfoil hat*
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Quote Originally Posted by Valfador View Post
    mhmm... *hands over tinfoil hat*
    Rogues are the cause of all problems! It's TRUE! It's TRUE TRUE TRUE!

And I'm not just saying that because I'm a squishy mage.

I lie a lot.
    Last edited by Laeris; 03-23-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Pretty sure queuing as tank/healer jumps you to the front of the DPS/support line as well.
    Last edited by Gyle; 03-23-2012 at 06:40 AM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Champion

Dear OP- queue with friends. If you don't have friends make some.

The queue times for a random dungeon are insanely short unless you refuse to do anything but DPS. If you are refusing to queue as anything but DPS you deserve to wait.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    some people accidentally click cancel when it pops up, because they were clicking that area of the screen when it popped up. such as when looting a mob.
    That's what I was thinking.

I can't remember if that box also closes if you hit escape. I've accidentally cancelled out of pop-up boxes because they've showed up right as I was exiting my bank or the AH or things like that. D:
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Akhet View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

I can't remember if that box also closes if you hit escape. I've accidentally cancelled out of pop-up boxes because they've showed up right as I was exiting my bank or the AH or things like that. D:
    I can't think of the number of times that I canceled raid ready checks because of using ESC to exit out my backpacks.

Happened once or twice, I don't really spend that much time looking in my backpack
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast