+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Ronaldspiers
  • 1 Post By Jayzus

Thread: My First Dungeon

Default My First Dungeon

Hi there,

I realise most of the posts in this thread are concerning lvl 50+ dungeons and no-one might really bother with the lower level ones but in excitement of my first dungeon I'd like to share my thoughts.

So I'm new to MMOs, this is my first one and I didn't know what to expect from dungeons, I took the name literally and expected to be in a cave all the time. So yesterday I plucked up the courage to use the LFD que for "Realm Of The Fae". I was really nervous as I was queing as a tank and knew the role is important, and I really didnt want to mess up.

So after a 10 minutes que I got in, my first order of business was to tell the group i was new and had no idea what to do. They explained a few things and gave me some tips on how to controll my pulls and were very patient with me

So onwards we ventured, these players had all been here before and were going the right way. Meanwhile I was admiring the structure and scenery and also the variety of enemies that we came upon, My tanking so far had been adequate enough that no one had died and we approched the first boss.

A big fairy with a green and blue fairy firing their beams at it. I was instructed that to beat this encounter we'd have to take the green fairy then the blue then kill the big one. This was the most enjoyable boss fight I have encountered in a game for a long time. We took it down pretty easily and ventured onward.

As we went I was tanking, doing my bit admiring the dungeon. Then we got to the big boss who talks about the mead with his minions, the dialogue was pretty funny and the bossfights was again enjoyable, I got a bit of a shock when he started leaping all over the place. Once he was down and we approaced the snowy mountain region I was mesmirisd by how seamlesly the environments came together, not a moment ago we were in a bright woodland, and now we were in a snowstorm. I found the big tree enemies to be aesthetically pleasing and enjoyable to beat (I think they had spell casts which i tried to rpactice my interrupting on). And we got to the last boss and beat it with no problems, I particularly enjoyed the enemy that kept splitting up into smaller mobs (that stressed me out a bit i must admit ). And I left the dungeon, thanking my group members for being patient with me andleft, feeling a great sense of achievment.

So, I have rambled a lot here and I don't usually post on forums but this experience was so great I had to post it with like minded people who also enjoy the game. I can't wait to do more dungeons, for years now I have been searchng for a game that required high amounts of teamwork. I think I have found that game and I wish i had tried RIFT sooner than this.

Thank you to anyone who reads this post, and thank you Trion for making a game I am sure to enjoy for a long long time.

TL,DR: Awesome game, dungeons are tonnes of fun.

P.S Sorry if this should be in the Newcomers section instead of the Dungeon section.

Nice post. I remember my excitement during and after first RotF run. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Evandro, Retired

I was just like yourself a few days ago experiencing my first dungeons and as a tank a too. I really enjoyed the first two, flew through them with no problems but when i got to my third thats when the sh*t hit the fan.

I did no research before hand which tbh honest was a very bad idea There is proper strategies needed to be taking down some of the bosses which i had no clue about, so me running in and proceeding to just hit them didnt work out to well for me and my group

Anyhow now i`m rolling as a dps till i learn the dungeons a bit better. If your gonna continue to do them as a tank I advise you look into each one before heading in, might save yourself some unneeded embarrassment.

Great story! I'm glad you had such a good time. I remember being in awe my first time in that dungeon, too.

if you love the teamwork aspect of it raids open up a whole new world at level 50 and they are a ton of fun hope you enjoy rift and I'm glad your first dungeon was a great experience for you!

The boss with the mead is actually fashioned after the community manager Elrar.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzus View Post
    I was just like yourself a few days ago experiencing my first dungeons and as a tank a too. I really enjoyed the first two, flew through them with no problems but when i got to my third thats when the sh*t hit the fan.

I did no research before hand which tbh honest was a very bad idea There is proper strategies needed to be taking down some of the bosses which i had no clue about, so me running in and proceeding to just hit them didnt work out to well for me and my group

Anyhow now i`m rolling as a dps till i learn the dungeons a bit better. If your gonna continue to do them as a tank I advise you look into each one before heading in, might save yourself some unneeded embarrassment.
    Thanks for the advice, I will be sure to have a look up at some strategies

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrna View Post
    if you love the teamwork aspect of it raids open up a whole new world at level 50 and they are a ton of fun hope you enjoy rift and I'm glad your first dungeon was a great experience for you!
    i admit when I started playing this game I didn't know what a raid was. But looking up some videos and I must say they do look like tonnes of fun. I just hope I am good enough when i reach that milestone that people will allow me to participate.

But that's a long way away yet xD

If you liked RotF that much you'll love the other dungeons, RotF is many players least favorite lol.

And yeah, hit 50 and start raiding, if you have the time to commit to a guild on a regular raiding schedule the raiding content in this game is 100x better than the 5man dungeons. Even if you don't you can still pug the older content just to experience it, though this isn't as rewarding.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Glad your first experience was an enjoyable one, sounds like you lucked out and got a decent group that were quite happy to help a new player out. In my experience you tend to get more relaxed groups at lower levels, as it's a fairly healthy mix of genuinely new players and experienced people on alts - it's only really once you get to 50 and running experts that you start encountering a lot of the "serious business" guys (who ironically are never as good as they seem to think they are) that really take the fun out of the game...

+ Reply to Thread