+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dragon's Gold harder than Alkyois, because there is no mechanic other than zerg.

Soulwalker

Default Dragon's Gold harder than Alkyois, because there is no mechanic other than zerg.

The MC's were handled by guild and sometimes the hilarious ' ... oops I was using Storm Caller.' But really the transition from yellow bubble to blue circle has got to be fixed. I stand as close as I can to yellow bubble then count 5 pulses and mash both keys on my mouse in hopes of getting in. To fast I get hit with yellow bubble (death) to slow I get pulled in and cleaved (death). Our guild attempts to deal with this by hoping a few are alive and running back or that break free is not on CD for the next blue ring. I usually burn my entire soul vitality on one attempt. Usually it looks like I get in but then I insta die cause really I lagged out.

Pugs won't even try this one and I haven't been in a pug that can complete the last boss.

Please Please Please correct this RR. I think that lengthening the transition between yellow and blue a bit should do the trick.

Move out just as far as necessary and no further, move back in, hit Break Free or get the hell out of there when you get debuffed. Unless you fail utterly at watching cast bars and debuffs, there's no way in hell you should be needing to graveyard zerg it.

Champion

The most important thing you need to look at after getting out of the boss's gold circle is his cast bar. Move out while he is casting and make sure you are heading in the second the bar finishes. Once you get timing down and are able to watch the cast bar a bit it makes the fight so much easier.

I've never run this raid rift in PuGs but I did do it with my guild when it was first released and we had no idea what the mechanics were. We were able to figure it out reasonably quickly.

My advice would be if people have issues with the cast bar have someone call in/out over mumble/vent and that should help less aware participants.

I was actually glad this rift was a bit challenging, I really missed the days when only guilds would do normal fire raid rifts and you could actually wipe on them if people weren't paying attention.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

There's already a space of time between when he finishes the yellow circle and begins the blue circle where there is no circle at all. Both have a cast bar which is not difficult to watch since nothing else is going on during that fight. How far are you running out? It's not like the circle is going to detach from him to run out, grab you, and throw you in the back of its van.

You can be right at the edge of it and be fine, and only have to move a step to get in when he pauses before he starts casting the blue one.

Mind controlled people get a debuff icon long before they get controlled and can mount and run out of the rift, so people can use whatever build they want.
    Last edited by Akhet; 03-20-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Champion of Telara

Actually there's a way to manage the incorrect order of circles.

- Have your tank stand between the two broken ships halves.
    - Have your DPS / Heals hide behind the Ship Halves (line of sight) during the yellow circle.
    - Stay hidden as blue circle is cast, Tank moves back in quick to avoid getting stunned/damaged.
    - Raid is protected due to LoS, and can come back to DPS.

Plus it reduces the overall impact of the mind control when you're doing a bunch of LoS dodging.

It's a work-around. Trion needs to fix the mechanics entirely, but you can do this rift this way. It does tend to take a while to finish the last boss off >.>

Champion

Drop a health banner, a tank higher into paladin for the 45 endurance aura, equip some tank pieces, use blinks, charges, anthem of competence. The reversed order makes it easier in a way since you can easily survive the damage from a blue pull in provided you are watching the boss. You have a good 5 seconds, even as a healer, to click the boss and watch his cast bar for the yellow bubble.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Banned

I've done this only as a PUG group, usually I stand just outside the yellow bubble, and as soon as he throws his hand up in the air move back in, stop running out and just step outside the yellow circle.

Some people can't get it, and end up zerging back if the graveyard is close, but most people get it pretty quick if you just explain that.

tbh we need to nerf t2 raid rifts as well and made dailies for them thank you

right now hardest boss in the game is not silgen or akylios but the pirate captain at the end of the t2rr thank you

also yes i agree ochrin is hard as well i always die to his gold attack becouse i have not enurf planar charges for apa even when i apa it hits me so hard and i cannot understand the red aoe on floor which glows i always think it is good to run towards piles of gold because i can become richer this way and the other day i managed to get an extra 20 gold from the mounds but i died so it cost me 10 gold but i made 20 gold which 20 gold minus 10 gold is 10 gold thus 10 gold is a profit but i think this ochrin is 2nd hardest boss in rift because i can just stand still and pewpew akylios but i cannot stand still and pewpew ochrin. ochrin must be one of the most legendary dragons in rift because he is more powerful and bigger than akylios. Oh but the pirate captain is too powerful also we have to keep running in and out in and out of his purple and yellow aura and sometimes i get confused so i run into the wrong one and i die and his mind control is more potent than akylios because only way to prevent is run far away from boss while in akylios just need everyone to stack together. thank you

please trion nerf dragon ochrin boss and t2rr pirate captain. they are hard and as a casual player i cannot beat them thank you.

oh yes before i forgot and edit timer end the turrets in t2rr are very powerful and have huge range and oneshot ability i cannot dodge this even when hiding behind a tree please lessen damage and dont make so hard thank you

i represent 95% of the playerbase and am not elititst raider i need gear to be able to compete with such raider please help me thank you
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 03-20-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Soulwalker

I don't think that people are getting what I am saying. Yes I stand outside of the Yellow bubble, yes as soon as the fifth pulse goes off I go in, but the timing of getting in is unattainable. If you have any lag and on the shard that I am on you do (Wolfsbane), then only a portion of our raid survive getting back in. It is not that I don't understand the mechanic it is that the time lag between yellow and blue is too small to reasonably assume you can get back in.

PatchKid you are the bomb!!! Thank you sooooo much for the strat. I will tell the guild cause we really need to get our earth resist lessers.

Banned

Oh I forgot to mention, soon you will not be able to unequip weapons while under mind control . . . should make this fight interesting.

P.S. I'm also on Wolfsbane
    Last edited by Traciatim; 03-20-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Oh, lag. You only mentioned lag once and it wasn't adequately conveyed that was your main focus so I hope you can understand why everyone thought you were having difficulties with the mechanic.

Hope that your new tactic allows your raid to circumvent Trion's laggy shard problem (which needs to be fixed. Seriously.).
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Soulwalker

Rachton, by your post I can tell that you have not done this raid. I am mage so I won't comment on other classes but if you miss the blue circle, it is a pull in with a stun followed by a cleave (instant death). When you are stunned flicker (blink) is not an option. You may be able to stand far enough away and gauge the flicker distance to flicker in, but the other issues timing issues still apply (2 mouse buttons vs. 1 keybind, not really a huge time difference there in terms of reaction time).

Soulwalker

Ahket, Ahhh, I thought that was more clear in my post. Yeah the lag makes what seems to be a difficult mechanic nearly impossible.

Something's moderately challenging in my game! nerf prz~

Actually, its not so much that the mechanic is challenging or hard.

There are two minor bugs involved with the circles. The first of which is that somewhere alone the line the order of the blue and yellow circles were reversed. No idea if its intentional to 'make it easier' or if it was just some bug.

The second is that the blue circle's cast bar doesn't line up with when it actually finishes. But this is a non issue if you move in after you see the blue circle cast bar about a third finished.

And then there's the whole part about people simply trying to bypass the whole mind control deal by using break free or running from the rift. Sure, it works, but there's a method of dealing with the MC built into the rift.

You've no sympathy from me for trying to ignore a mechanic via brute forcing it and failing at it.

You're doing it wrong. Cry louder and harder, though.

I'm not even sure of the t2 rr's were ever intended to be pugged, at least not yet. They're far easier than rotp or HK, but I've yet to see very many pugs of those instances either. They're meant to be done with a raiding guild.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 03-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Soulwalker

Moonfire, I am doing this with my raiding guild that has completed HK and is almost complete with achieves. I am not asking for a nerf. I am asking for a fix. I have pugged the fire T2RR's and after about 5 or 6 wipes most can complete. Yes pugs override mechanics, but we did not pug this and don't bring pugs to do it. We only manage to complete 1 maybe 2 attempts before people finally rage quit because it is so infuriating to do. Please read all of post before you go off, and declare troll or QQ'er.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast