+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GSB legendary drop rates

Default GSB legendary drop rates

So I was wondering what luck others have had with different drops from Greenscale for the legendary weapons.

In the past 8 weeks we have had 5 - Fang's of the Life Lord, 1- Staff, 1 - 2 handed sword, 1- Bow

Is this normal or are we just absurdely unlucky?

We basically are at the point where we will start crushing the fangs for craft mats we've gotten so many that no one needs them now, its just sad.
    Violalee/Staggerlee/RamblinRose
    Jaded Legacy Guild Rank 20 4/4 DH, 4/4 GP 5/5 GSB 4/4 ROS (conq.) 4/4 ROTP 10/11 HK 2/4 PF
    Shatterbone Guardians

Prophet of Telara

GSB relics have always had dubious RNG with some seemingly always dropping and others rarely seen even by those who have been clearing for almost a year now.

The fang and pylon are the two drops that always happen

Bow, 2h sword, cleric staff and hammer are the common enough

Cleric tank mace, warrior tank mace, tank gun and healing totem are pretty rare

The wand and mage main hand I've seen zero and one time respectively.
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Telaran

Ive seen the pylon drop most alongside the fang. We've also seen the tank mace and bow drop a few times a piece. For the last 8 months+ I have seen sylvan sword drop once and soul reaper (ros) zero times. Ive done both almost every week in that time

Quote Originally Posted by Staggerlee View Post
    So I was wondering what luck others have had with different drops from Greenscale for the legendary weapons.

In the past 8 weeks we have had 5 - Fang's of the Life Lord, 1- Staff, 1 - 2 handed sword, 1- Bow

Is this normal or are we just absurdely unlucky?

We basically are at the point where we will start crushing the fangs for craft mats we've gotten so many that no one needs them now, its just sad.
    First I would like to say that the crafting mats from legendarys arnt worth it, sell it for guild funds... The RNG on these weapons seems to be dependant on the guild much like most raid drops. Some guilds get a lot of one thing and few of another, while others get the opposite. Our guild has been pretty lucky with most of the drops from gsb and ros other than the tanking shield. So again it realy just falls to how lucky your guild is on its drops

1 year later, after at least 30 clears with my old guild, at 20 clears with PUGs, the pylon and fang are most common.

Followed by the bow
    Tanking maces for cleric and warrior
    Cleric wand

I've seen the 2her twice
    I've seen the healing OH once
    I've never seen the cleric hammer drop
    I've never seen the mage main hand drop
    I've never seen the healing staff drop

But thankfully, akylios has been nice and dropped BiS mage mh/oh for me and cleric hammer for my friend so w/e! lol

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

fang, drops all the time
    pylon is probably second
    bow third
    tank gun we had a few times
    pretty much everything else I've seen once or zero. 2h sword once, cleric 2hand hammer once, healing staff once, might have gotten the warrior tank mace don't remember exactly

Thanks, that's what I thought, just wanted to clarify with others who have had experience with it.
    Violalee/Staggerlee/RamblinRose
    Jaded Legacy Guild Rank 20 4/4 DH, 4/4 GP 5/5 GSB 4/4 ROS (conq.) 4/4 ROTP 10/11 HK 2/4 PF
    Shatterbone Guardians

RIFT Guide Writer

I'd like to know how many times have people seen Noxious Maul drop there?

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/DFD9EAC1...1/Noxious-Maul

I was lucky to get one on one of our early kills (I think it was our second kill) and have since then never seen it drop again. I didn't count the amount of Greenscale kills I've done but I'd say it's at least 25 probably close to 35.

Now if we talk about HK, I only missed 2 or 3 Akylios kills since our world first kill on Sept 27th and have never seen Blade of twisted minds dropped

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/9FD9D59D...-Twisted-Minds

It didn't drop for us in the Akylios kills I've missed either.

Undertow Rifle has been the most common drop for us.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 03-20-2012 at 10:16 AM.

We've 2 noxious mauls, 2 cleric tank maces, a healing off hand and a tanking gun. Pretty sure those are our rarest ones. Everything else we've seen in abundance.

Got 2 tank swords from the squid too, though it seems to be relatively rare compared to the half dozen solition blades we've gotten so far.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin911 View Post
    I'd like to know how many times have people seen Noxious Maul drop there?
    I've seen it drop more than Fang :x

We just had our second cleric tank mace drop last week and we have cleared GSB every lockout since the first kill world wide. Some guilds see tons of one drop that is rare for others, that's just how it goes with relics be it GSB, RoS, or HK.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    We just had our second cleric tank mace drop last week and we have cleared GSB every lockout since the first kill world wide. Some guilds see tons of one drop that is rare for others, that's just how it goes with relics be it GSB, RoS, or HK.
    Yeah it just seems to me whatever loot is obtained on your first kill of those end bosses it seems to drop a lot more frequently then other items. For our guild it's always been the ranged DPS weapons, they've all dropped on our first kill and seem to be at a higher % to drop. I'd like to know if the algorithm for these drops is truly the same chance for every item or if it varies depending on the item. I Also heard rumors about the classes you bring affecting the loot obtained but I'd be surprised that would be the case.

I think we all assume it's completely RNG but it would be nice to get a confirmation if this is indeed true.
    Last edited by Muffin911; 03-20-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Last 4 weeks we've seen 3x cleric hammers and 1x mage main hand
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin911 View Post
    Yeah it just seems to me whatever loot is obtained on your first kill of those end bosses it seems to drop a lot more frequently then other items. For our guild it's always been the ranged DPS weapons, they've all dropped on our first kill and seem to be at a higher % to drop. I'd like to know if the algorithm for these drops is truly the same chance for every item or if it varies depending on the item. I Also heard rumors about the classes you bring affecting the loot obtained but I'd be surprised that would be the case.

I think we all assume it's completely RNG but it would be nice to get a confirmation if this is indeed true.
    Last I heard is that they have altered the algorithm for GSB and RoS in recent patches but not for HK. The alteration being the change in percentage chance of each drop type depending on role, meaning tank drops and chain drops should be happening less frequently in T1 raid instances, both 10 and 20 man. I could be mistaken about this change being applied but it is something I have heard talked about.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Vioarr View Post
    Last I heard is that they have altered the algorithm for GSB and RoS in recent patches but not for HK. The alteration being the change in percentage chance of each drop type depending on role, meaning tank drops and chain drops should be happening less frequently in T1 raid instances, both 10 and 20 man. I could be mistaken about this change being applied but it is something I have heard talked about.
    Yeah if there's a relevant post about this I'd like to see it if someone finds one. I haven't read anything about this but I may have just missed it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast