+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Make Hexed purchasable with greater marks

Plane Walker

Default Make Hexed purchasable with greater marks

Is there any plans to change the way hexed items are rewarded. Now that hammer has been nerfed to the point of a T2 dungeon in anticipation of ID. It would make sense to allow hexed to be purchased with greater marks that are not needed for Zardonis items

I remember GSB jerkins being changed

Im currently up to three hexed and 300+ greaters with nothing to spend them on, my worst case with low rolls and the way we distribute hexed it could take up to a year to fully hex out and with the focus switching to ID I guess Hammer opourtunities will slow down

If a hexed cost 100 marks its not like they would be giving them away as you have earned your chance to purchase them with your 100 mark peice and you then are not left with 100s of marks that you end up cashing in for PA points a year down the line

You know it makes sense

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    Is there any plans to change the way hexed items are rewarded. Now that hammer has been nerfed to the point of a T2 dungeon in anticipation of ID. It would make sense to allow hexed to be purchased with greater marks that are not needed for Zardonis items

I remember GSB jerkins being changed

Im currently up to three hexed and 300+ greaters with nothing to spend them on, my worst case with low rolls and the way we distribute hexed it could take up to a year to fully hex out and with the focus switching to ID I guess Hammer opourtunities will slow down

If a hexed cost 100 marks its not like they would be giving them away as you have earned your chance to purchase them with your 100 mark peice and you then are not left with 100s of marks that you end up cashing in for PA points a year down the line

You know it makes sense
    Might wanna have your guild look at how you're distributing loot.

Plane Walker

? Is there away to distribute them quicker prey tell

Apart from the 2 main tanks taking them. We distribute them evenly. Not always do hexed drop and we then distribute evenly all on 2 peices roll all on 3 peices roll ect then deduct set amount of dkp rather that one lucky person winning all. Also took into account leavers and new people joining raid team. Maybe a year was excessive but was worst case. Either increase drops like greenscale heart was or make purchasable

I completely agree with this suggestion. Guilds that have started clearing HK not too long ago will not have had to spend as much time progressing through HK as guilds who did pre-nerfs. As result, most of my 11/11 guild mates already have excess GMoA, but only 3-4 hexed (since we distribute them evenly among everyone).

100 GMoA per hexed sounds about right, too.

Ascendant

Relics aren't really progression. They just fill content time when the progression within it stops. With ID coming out, progression will just go smoothly from normal HK drop to normal ID drop. HK relic armor is not there to beef your team up. It's there to give it something to do when ID wasn't an option.

You don't need to amass HK relics. Just move on to ID when it comes out.

Champion

Hexed items are minor stat upgrades at best. Your whole raid would be fine without a single piece.

I do agree with Ahov though, /roll is a really bad way to distribute loot and your guild may want to look into changing that.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Sword of Telara

/roll is by far the worst method of distributing loot. No mechanic should ever be changed based on /roll notworking out when raiding.

And about your post: No. Not one single bit. Ever. The relic armor is a minor upgrade and it's for epeening purposes only. Remove the glyphs and this disappears completely. (If it had any other purpose than epeening I might have a different view on this, but let's be honest, you're better off grinding PA than QQ on the forums if you consider it to be an actual upgrade).
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Jinjah View Post
    you're better off grinding PA
    Relevant, because that's what you're supposed to spend your extra GMoA on.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post
    Hexed items are minor stat upgrades at best. Your whole raid would be fine without a single piece.
    Haha I guess you got full orange then ;)

Normally i argue against things like this, but really the Hexed items are such a small stat upgrade i see now drawback to this idea. It's not like you can stock up on GMoA's without clearing the content that would drop the hexed pieces anyway, and it would let me relic out my tank gear, which would be nice.

Would have to be a different GMoA price for each piece though.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

I am 100% against this.

You should not be able to get BiS items by doing 5 mans.

Hexed pieces are not welfare epics.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post

I do agree with Ahov though, /roll is a really bad way to distribute loot and your guild may want to look into changing that.
    This. The upgrade you get is so minor. Many non hexed drop pieces are actually better.

We actually have the same loot system as these guys. We do /roll until everyone gets 3 pieces. Then /roll till everyone gets 4 pieces, etc. It works because nobody gives a ****.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    Normally i argue against things like this, but really the Hexed items are such a small stat upgrade i see now drawback to this idea. It's not like you can stock up on GMoA's without clearing the content that would drop the hexed pieces anyway, and it would let me relic out my tank gear, which would be nice.

Would have to be a different GMoA price for each piece though.
    Normal piece + 50 works for me so, 100-150 depending on item. Relics are not a major upgrade but they are a nice thing to have for epeen levels. would still need to work for them so i have nothing against the idea.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I am 100% against this.

You should not be able to get BiS items by doing 5 mans.

Hexed pieces are not welfare epics.
    I think it would take a hell of a lot of 5 mans to earn fully kit out if hexes cost same as peice of armour

If they are such a small upgrade then whats the problem. If I want to get the chest piece I dont really want to potentialy go 20 weeks to get mine (5 months) when they are making everything else about Hammer relatively easy

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    I think it would take a hell of a lot of 5 mans to earn fully kit out if hexes cost same as peice of armour

If they are such a small upgrade then whats the problem. If I want to get the chest piece I dont really want to potentialy go 20 weeks to get mine (5 months) when they are making everything else about Hammer relatively easy
    If you specifically wanted the relic chest you should have either joined a guild who killed akylios 20 weeks ago, or made it clear to your leaders that you wanted it and pass on other hexed items so you could get priority on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast