+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: NBG Rant

Default NBG Rant

Ok, I truly do understand why someone thinks that just because something is class specific that nobody but that class should be able to roll on it.

I also understand that others believe that the need for Plat or the need to outfit an alt is just as valid as the need for an item.

Here's my rant:

If something has been discussed to death BEFORE we set out, and decided that Everyone rolls NEED on Everything for a specific group, Why is there one guy who has an absolute Conniption Fit when we roll need on everything? After all, we have already discussed it beforehand, and everyone agreed at the time, even the one guy in question, that we would all roll NEED on everything except BoP items.

As a warning to others, if you're in my group, it will always be "Roll NEED on everything except BoP" from the get go... If you whine later after you agree to these rules, you will be booted out of my group faster than you can finish your whiny sentence.

Thank you to the forum denizens for letting me vent
    "If you argue for your limitations, you get to keep them" - Richard Bach
    "Never make the mistake of confusing kindness for weakness..." - Anonymous

Great list of help for new players! Click Here!

Ascendant

Some people will be fine with that system - until it personally affects them by giving an item that "should be mine" to someone else.

Each to their own, I upset raid/guild leaders by pressing pass on any item anyone else rolled on at all in GSB/ROS....

People play their own way.

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Ancem View Post
    Some people will be fine with that system - until it personally affects them by giving an item that "should be mine" to someone else.
    pretty much. dont agree to terms you cant abide by.

Ok, I truly do understand why someone thinks that just because something is class specific that nobody but that class should be able to roll on it.
    This is something that has puzzled me a lot! I dont have this prob now, but look at this common situation. Flamerune Band and Signet of the Flameborn. Now, both of these are great items. If your a cleric you probably have or want them both too. The common problem I run across is the "Its got high int so its for mages" kinda attitude. Unfortunately its just as good for my cleric.

Oh well... it took me a while but eventually I got it anyway because 3 of those rings dropped in one raid. Mages got theirs and I got mine.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post

This is something that has puzzled me a lot! I dont have this prob now, but look at this common situation. Flamerune Band and Signet of the Flameborn. Now, both of these are great items. If your a cleric you probably have or want them both too. The common problem I run across is the "Its got high int so its for mages" kinda attitude. Unfortunately its just as good for my cleric.

Oh well... it took me a while but eventually I got it anyway because 3 of those rings dropped in one raid. Mages got theirs and I got mine.
    That's the excuse I tried to use to get Staff of Crazed Whispers, instead I got stuck with Captured Tsunami
    <- Mage

But yeah, remember your thoughts on that when a mage goes for something that's got high wisdom, since mages get 50/50 and clerics get 75/25 spell power, mages are more likely to go for the high wis items than clerics are to go for high int. (At least in my experience) So, I'm glad as a cleric, you're already prepared with the mentality that a mage can steal your drops.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Ive watched this happen in the past.

Someone in level 50 chat announces they are doing a T2 Fire raid Rift and have one thing on reserve. They fill the raid, complete it, the reserved item drops, and then a few people sit in chat complaining for a half hour about how unfair it was.

If you don't like rules of someones group, then don't join it.
    Last edited by Sargonnas_KoA; 03-19-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post

I also understand that others believe that the need for Plat or the need to outfit an alt is just as valid as the need for an item.

Here's my rant:

If something has been discussed to death BEFORE we set out, and decided that Everyone rolls NEED on Everything for a specific group, Why is there one guy who has an absolute Conniption Fit when we roll need on everything? After all, we have already discussed it beforehand, and everyone agreed at the time, even the one guy in question, that we would all roll NEED on everything except BoP items.

As a warning to others, if you're in my group, it will always be "Roll NEED on everything except BoP" from the get go... If you whine later after you agree to these rules, you will be booted out of my group faster than you can finish your whiny sentence.

Thank you to the forum denizens for letting me vent
    If the rules are set from the start then it is okay because everyone agreed.

I do not do much LFG Dungeons for now but for me, I do not see an issue if I won the item which I know my main does not need and a teammate asked for it and again I see it that he/she does need it - then I give it to them. We do have a window which allows us to pass it over; however, that is by choice not mandatory to pass it over.

I also seen other players that click on Need over every single drop no matter what it is of if it dropped 2x they still click on need.

I have been in pve in other games (eg: AION, WAR) where I was in a guild or in a team with players I have joined their groups before and we passed down to each other items we all knew would make us better; as a result, we got the gear/weapons needed for group or solo pvp.
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Killforbeer View Post
    I also seen other players that click on Need over every single drop no matter what it is of if it dropped 2x they still click on need.
    no joke here. i was raid lead/master looter in GsB the other day. there was this one warrior that rolled on every single drop. it didnt matter if it was cloth, leather, dagger, or staff... all they did was roll. was the oddest thing ever... good thing i dont NBG most raids
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post

The higher numbers that crop up on rings the more the lines are blurred between which class can best use them. I'd say it's pretty simple that Flamerune is mage and Flameborn is cleric... but as you say, both are really good for both classes. As a mage, I wouldn't feel aggrieved if a cleric wanted to roll on the flamerune, because i'd certainly be rolling on the flameborn.

So many greedy, nasty people about. You would almost think this was a WoW forum post!!!
    No trials... No tricks... No traps... No EU-RP server? NO THANKS!

I totally agree with you, OP. It's nice to see there still are some people in the world with some sense.

I wonder how many people here realize that the concept of awarding according to need was originally proposed by Karl Marx?

The FAIR way of awarding is according to effort. Since the entire group worked together to down the mob that dropped the loot, each member of the group is entitled to an equal chance at obtaining it (assuming everyone is "pulling their own weight", but since good loot doesn't often drop early on, anyone like that should have already been dropped).

The obvious exception is BOP (which I've always felt was a monumentally stupid mechanic since EQ first introduced NO DROP items), since such things are worth very little to anyone that doesn't intend to actually use them.

I remember back in the day in EQ, when most of the best loot was tradeable, being in groups that had what I felt was the absolute fairest method of distributing group loot. During the session, one member of the group would act as master looter, then once the session was over, would vendor everything that wasn't worth rolling for, then split all of the coin gained (EQ auto split didn't really work very well). Once that was done all members would roll, and in order from highest to lowest, then backwards from lowest to highest, each member would select the good drop they wanted most. If someone with a higher number selected something you REALLY wanted for your own use, you could always make an offer for it, and if the person who had chosen was planning to sell it, would usually give a good deal. Man, I really miss those days.

As to the comments like, "sure, you say that now, but when something YOU need goes to someone who is just going to sell it, you'll change your tune", I have to respectfully say: B.S. First, there's nothing in game that I NEED (or that you need for that matter). Second, if I was in that situation with something I really, really wanted, I would see if the person was willing to sell or trade it to me. If not, I'd just queue up again, hoping for another shot at it. It's just pixels after all, and there's nothing in the game that will make or break your character if you have it or not. Just like in real life, I don't expect something for nothing. If I had a fair chance at the item and lost, then so be it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I'm more than willing to submit to the whims of the RNG, and expect nothing more or less than the same from those I group with.

"From each according to his ability, to each, according to his need" is not something I subscribe to in real life, and therefore, not something I would submit to in game.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    >_

Quote Originally Posted by Tallenn View Post
    As to the comments like, "sure, you say that now, but when something YOU need goes to someone who is just going to sell it, you'll change your tune", I have to respectfully say: B.S. First, there's nothing in game that I NEED (or that you need for that matter). Second, if I was in that situation with something I really, really wanted, I would see if the person was willing to sell or trade it to me. If not, I'd just queue up again, hoping for another shot at it. It's just pixels after all, and there's nothing in the game that will make or break your character if you have it or not. Just like in real life, I don't expect something for nothing. If I had a fair chance at the item and lost, then so be it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I'm more than willing to submit to the whims of the RNG, and expect nothing more or less than the same from those I group with.

"From each according to his ability, to each, according to his need" is not something I subscribe to in real life, and therefore, not something I would submit to in game.
    I don't disagree, but after trying to get a particular drop for a few weeks to outfit your character, and someone else got it so they could get 8 plat from it, you really wouldn't be a bit annoyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Renna View Post
    If they can't finish their sentence, how will you know they are whining?
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

www.imperium.co

I agree that people complaining after an agreement had been made is foolish. However personally (and not quite relevant maybe) if someone said to me before starting a run that it was need on everything, I wouldn't even start the group and leave pretty quickly. Everyone needing everything is a recipe for disaster and I haven't even come across it before.
    You've got red on you.

You can change the loot rules to the old Need/Greed/Pass that has no restrictions. After doing so everybody should be allowed to roll Need on everything.

There you go, problem solved.
    Last edited by Gumdrop; 03-20-2012 at 09:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast