+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rapid Assault Achives working correctly?

Default Rapid Assault Achives working correctly?

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ae-bugged.html

I came across this old thread that mentioned Rapid Assault Achives were actually starting their timer when you 1st zone into the dungeon & not on 1st combat, but it seems it did not get an answer from Trion or further testing was put into place to check this.
    I'm curious if anyone has checked to see if the timer is being taken from 1st combat, or from 1st zone-in?

Thanks in advance.

We tested this with xIT and xDSM in 1.6, and it appeared the timer was infact starting on zone-in and not on first combat. Haven't seen anything about it in hotfixes so I would assume it's working as intended.

-edit- basically we brought in people without the achievement, BSed on vent for 10 minutes, then finished the dungeon from first pull -> last boss under the RA time but they did not get the achieve. Running it again later, we launched straight into pulls, finishing the dungeon in roughly the same time (minus the 10 mins of *******) and they got RA. Conclusion? Timer starts on zone in.

Easy solution? Get everyone to quit sitting on their thumbs after zoning in :P
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 03-19-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Pretty sure that the rapid assaults come whenever you enter a dungeon, like...their is not much work involved to get them anymore.

I've gotten them with people all in greens/blues while tanking or dpsing...with multiple wipes or stopping to explain the fights to people

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    Pretty sure that the rapid assaults come whenever you enter a dungeon, like...their is not much work involved to get them anymore.

I've gotten them with people all in greens/blues while tanking or dpsing...with multiple wipes or stopping to explain the fights to people
    Not with IT I bet

RIFT Community Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    Not with IT I bet
    ya IT was rough... felt like one long chain pull. even chain pulled on one of the bosses

IT is special though. all the other ones are reasonable... IT has a timer that is completely unreasonable. it took me 3-4 tries in pugs (really trying) to actually get it.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

All of the Rapid Assault are incredibly easy now, even Iron Tombs.
    You just need to know your aggro limits and how much is safe to chain and when to move on.

My Warrior wears an even combination of Raid 1, Expert and Blue gear with no Source Machine and since 1.7 I've only not gotten Rapid Assault twice, once was the first time I'd ever tanked Iron Tombs, the second was when my healer got himself killed on first boss in AP 5 pulls in a row.

I did a 23 minute DSM yesterday with the LFG, it's not hard and the achievements definitely work.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-19-2012 at 08:53 PM.
    Nope.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    All of the Rapid Assault are incredibly easy now, even Iron Tombs.
    You just need to know your aggro limits and how much is safe to chain and when to move on.

My Warrior wears an even combination of Raid 1, Expert and Blue gear with no Source Machine and since 1.7 I've only not gotten Rapid Assault twice, once was the first time I'd ever tanked Iron Tombs, the second was when my healer got himself killed on first boss in AP 5 pulls in a row.

I did a 23 minute DSM yesterday with the LFG, it's not hard and the achievements definitely work.
    I dunno, i had horrible luck with IT. Even when I went tank and tried to chain pull we'd have people pulling 400ish st dps. I just gave up and cleared it with guildies.

Well if your DPS are useless then you're unlikely to get it.

But your average PuG group should have no problems with any of them.
    My last 3 groups have been 19m AP, 17m IT and 19m DD.
    All in the last hour.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    Not with IT I bet
    With IT also, I have been in groups where all 4 people apart from myself get the rapid assault achieve in IT, it takes roughly 15-20mins to clear tops, so long as you dont do any other achievements

Sounds like trion needs to change the wording on the Rapid achives from "first combat" to "first zone in" then.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    IT is special though. all the other ones are reasonable... IT has a timer that is completely unreasonable. it took me 3-4 tries in pugs (really trying) to actually get it.
    Completely unreasonable... took 3-4 tries...

Sheesh. Apparently, this game needs more silver platters.

Quote Originally Posted by samuszzz86 View Post
    Sounds like trion needs to change the wording on the Rapid achives from "first combat" to "first zone in" then.
    This is true, or else actually need to make them start timing during first combat.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread