+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What happened?

Rift Disciple

Default What happened?

I come back after about 9 months off (hammerknell just came out) and first thing I do is go into GSB. No I dont have any gear from GSB at all, I was in a guild before were we were stuck on 3rd boss.

Anyway..this was a pug of GSB..and we did it in 1 hour with no wipes. We then went to RoS and finished that...and I never did bosses there..and we still had no issues. No to mention the duke himself to all of 2 minutes to down..all mechanics of the fight completely gone.

Wtf..why is this game so damn easy now..its sad.
    Last edited by Rydis; 03-18-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Champion of Telara

I was gonna make a post..but it will get me banned if i answer you how you deserve to be answered.

You quit, 9 months.

Keywords, figure it out.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

Soulwalker

it's as easy as your gear makes it. want a challenge, remove your gear.
    Last edited by RogueRange; 03-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Only a troll can kill another troll.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I was gonna make a post..but it will get me banned if i answer you how you deserve to be answered.

You quit, 9 months.

Keywords, figure it out.
    that every patch the put out consistently makes the game 100x easier..ok. Thanks

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rydis View Post
    that every patch the put out consistently makes the game 100x easier..ok. Thanks
    No, the actual answer is.

People quit, the people that can actually play the game remained.

There is the 3rd 20man raid coming out in 3 weeks, you are clearing the stuff most people that have remained in the game by now have been clearing for 10 months if not more and you are asking why its easy?

Its called gear advancement, its called a MMO, how about you find 19 friends, level up again and try without getting carried this time eh?

Oh, and of course, since you just restarted, Infernal Dawn is in 3 weeks as i said, please go clear it.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

Because everything has been nerfed into oblivion so bads can have an easy stroll to the next raids.

This in turn, has created a huge amount of bads who are only bad because they've been allowed to skip so much content. Those that disagree with me, see sentence #1, you're part of it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No, the actual answer is.

People quit, the people that can actually play the game remained.

There is the 3rd 20man raid coming out in 3 weeks, you are clearing the stuff most people that have remained in the game by now have been clearing for 10 months if not more and you are asking why its easy?

Its called gear advancement, its called a MMO, how about you find 19 friends, level up again and try without getting carried this time eh?

Oh, and of course, since you just restarted, Infernal Dawn is in 3 weeks as i said, please go clear it.
    the game was nerfed this bad even before then, why caused me to leave to begin with. How they changed the difficulty of expert dungeons was just..lets face roll it now.

and FYI, i was 2nd highest dps..didn't get carried. It is just sad they have removed any sense of strategy and difficulty from the game..and even the mechanics of the fights themselves.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Patches generally make the existing content a little easier, and some introduce better gear. Some of your gear may have been upgraded by the expert dungeon reorganization, for instance.

And yes, that is going to keep happening gradually over time, because if all the content is always hard, most players will never see it. So instead, the devs introduce new content, which can be a lot harder, and then gradually ease up.

The alternatives are:
    1. Make a game only for people who can consistently do hard content. Your few hundred customers will be super happy until you go out of business a month later, without ever actually releasing new content.
    2. Make a game where the content is easy to begin with. No challenges ever.
    3. Make a game where content starts hard and gets a bit easier.

You were in a group full of people who probably outgeared the content -- no one is pugging GSB if they don't outgear it. What did you expect?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

the game was nerfed this bad even before then, why caused me to leave to begin with. How they changed the difficulty of expert dungeons was just..lets face roll it now.

and FYI, i was 2nd highest dps..didn't get carried. It is just sad they have removed any sense of strategy and difficulty from the game..and even the mechanics of the fights themselves.
    I understand the concept..but why tweak it to where the mechanics of the fight don't even matter. It seems like they just abandon the old content just so the new content gets seen..leading people to just complete it and grow bored again. Guess I was just disappointed to see that it got just..super easy.

Rift Master

I come back after about 9 months off (hammerknell just came out) and first thing I do is go into GSB. No I dont have any gear from GSB at all, I was in a guild before were we were stuck on 3rd boss.

Anyway..this was a pug of GSB..and we did it in 1 hour with no wipes. We then went to RoS and finished that...and I never did bosses there..and we still had no issues. No to mention the duke himself to all of 2 minutes to down..all mechanics of the fight completely gone.

this post makes zero sense. You may have quit 9 months ago but the other people in that raid with you didn't. Their gear was not out dated. they were able to pull you through a 20 man. You were really not needed and as you said in your OP you really didn't have the gear for it.

Yes some stuff was nerfed so folks (like yourself) who were lagging along could catch up to do the harder content. But that's only because the people who cared to do that old content when it mattered already did.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Greyform View Post
    this post makes zero sense. You may have quit 9 months ago but the other people in that raid with you didn't. Their gear was not out dated. they were able to pull you through a 20 man. You were really not needed and as you said in your OP you really didn't have the gear for it.

Yes some stuff was nerfed so folks (like yourself) who were lagging along could catch up to do the harder content. But that's only because the people who cared to do that old content when it mattered already did.
    You misunderstood..I didn't have any gear "FROM" GSB. I had the gear for it. I was sitting at 1300sp/920crit and 240 focus when I went.

You misunderstood..I didn't have any gear "FROM" GSB. I had the gear for it. I was sitting at 1300sp/920crit and 240 focus when I went.
    You're more geared than the people I saw attempting it when it was relevant. GSB has been out since release (well minus bug issues)

It also sounds like you know what you're doing in a raid and have good situational awareness (I'm assuming)
    I don't see an issue with people who know not to stand in the fire thinking a year old raid is easy

as it has already been said gear was buffed, if you wanted a challenge you should have stayed with the game and done it when it was new
    Last edited by Thorrand; 03-18-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    Pentium 233 (MMX!)
    128k 32 pin simm
    80 mb seagate hd
    external Iomega zip drive
    Intel onboard video (3DFX Voodoo2 Acceleration)
    creative sound blaster 8 bit

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

First off, if you had gear from experts, it was upgraded. Secondly, unless everyone in your group had also been out of the game for nine months, they may have been better geared. Thirdly, 240 focus is nearly halfway to being geared for T2 raids; raid tier 1 only required 200.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Thorrand View Post
    You're more geared than the people I saw attempting it when it was relevant. GSB has been out since release (well minus bug issues)

It also sounds like you know what you're doing in a raid and have good situational awareness (I'm assuming)
    I don't see an issue with people who know not to stand in the fire thinking a year old raid is easy
    yeah, I ran experts all the time and the 3 death t hings in ROS, guild I was in was progressing through GSB at the time and we always made it to oracle. We did daily raid rifts and experts. Coming back after so long and see you could just easily pug it..no vent..no mechanics..just straight up DPS everything was just a little disheartening.

yeah, I ran experts all the time and the 3 death t hings in ROS, guild I was in was progressing through GSB at the time and we always made it to oracle. We did daily raid rifts and experts. Coming back after so long and see you could just easily pug it..no vent..no mechanics..just straight up DPS everything was just a little disheartening.
    That's what happens to content over time. It's pretty much the natural order of MMO's. You get stronger so things that were hard for you get easier. The people you were with likely pug it weekly (I know I do) and there's no communication because after running it so long, people know what to do
    Pentium 233 (MMX!)
    128k 32 pin simm
    80 mb seagate hd
    external Iomega zip drive
    Intel onboard video (3DFX Voodoo2 Acceleration)
    creative sound blaster 8 bit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast