+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Resist Enchants back up on PTS.

Default Resist Enchants back up on PTS.

Don't know whether this is old news for you guys but the resist enchants are on the PTS costing 30k planarite and 60 inscribed from their respective element vendor in planar college. They give +20 and are only usable on any of the planarite vendor bought cores (IE not the +20 water resist event one).

I for one definitely prefer this format to having to use fixed element cores, a lot of my cores evolve into other purposes from their original intention so it's nice to be able to change the elements around. I wonder if there will be stat upgrade versions of these enchants for pure stat cores.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Champion

I'm just happy I'll be able to finally put all the essences I have into cores.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Ascendant

Ugh I don't mind the 60 inscribed that much I guess but 30k planarite is a lot...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    (IE not the +20 water resist event one)
    Wrong. You are able to enchant the Barnacle focus or even the PvP focus just fine.

Ascendant

does it stack with valor on the pvp fokus?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Wish that planarite cap would just be doubled or removed at some point...
    --BC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    does it stack with valor on the pvp fokus?
    Yup, though of course that 20 resist is a whole lot, it's 20 more than you'd have in PvP otherwise!

The issue isnt so much that it costs 30k planarite... its that the cap is 60k.

If Trion is going to make a product that costs half of the planarite you can currently have.... then they need to bump up the cap BEFORE its released.

Ive been campaigning for a cap raise to 100k for a while.

That said...

Since you can exchange Inscribed Sourcestones for Planarite... in the end it shouldnt be a big deal since anyone can rack up quite the haul of Inscribeds in the current game state.

I think 15-25k would have been better than 30. ><
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

30k planarite isnt that hard to obtain, nor are the inscribed
    Last edited by Moloch; 03-17-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Yeah... because I'm going to scrap my water resist core and remake a <insert element> resist core out of it instead of getting a completely new one! ... no wait, no i'm not.

I personally preferred it when they had specific resist machines you could buy from the vendors. That way I could at least tell what kind of core they were since they had different colored icons.

The only benefit to doing it this way is that it would quell the qq that'd come from folks who, for whatever reason, already built their resist cores months ahead of when the raid that would use them would be released.

Prophet of Telara

You can put the enchants on all sourcemachines so its all gooood.
    the +35 stat crafter thingy looks nice as well. 30k planarite is too much however (esp considering the 60kcap)

It's not like planarite is amazingly hard to farm nowadays. I've already bought all the essences I plan on putting into my new sigils, and I'm almost capped out again so I'll probably buy the sigils themselves now that it looks like enchants instead of new resist sigils are the way they're going. Then I just need to cap out yet again and I'm good to go as soon as the new enchants go live.

Luckily I don't tank and I can get away with using the same sigil for every other spec I play, so I only need one earth and one fire, but some of my guildies have like four or five different sigils for different roles. They're already annoyed at needing to farm multiple sets of resist essences, and having to cap out repeatedly to get resist enchants on all of them is going to drive them mad.

I still would have liked them to stay as completely separate sigils, if only because I'm lazy and like to be able to see what's in my bag at a glance, and I can't imagine ever needing to repurpose a fire sigil as something else anyway.

Still a bit to much 15K would have been more reasonable.
    _______****Warrior - Yes it's me!****_________

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Angryweasel View Post
    Still a bit to much 15K would have been more reasonable.
    Do some onslaughts and you'll be rolling in planarite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast