+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Future of Master Mode Dungeons

Default Future of Master Mode Dungeons

I have made this thread since I absolutely love master mode dungeons. I absolutely adore MMDD and am looking forward to doing MMCR soon enough. However, I don't know what lies ahead for them.

What I am referring to is new master modes. I know master mode Deepstrike Mines was tested on the PTS but not implemented, and now no one seems to know exactly whether Deepstrike Mines master mode will ever see the light of day. I'd like to know what other people think should be done with them, and maybe even which dungeons other people would like to see recieve a master mode version.

Personally I'd really like to see all of the dungeons eventually recieve a master mode. However, my picks of the litter would be:

The Iron Tomb
    The Realm of the Fae
    Deepstrike Mines
    King's Breach (largely for the sake of having Konstantin's cool mechanics not being facerollable)
    The Fall of Lantern Hook

They're the ones that stand out as ones I'd appreciate having a master mode for.

In terms of its future I just want to see lots more of them come out, and eventually have them rolled into raids (master mode Greenscale's Blight for example).

Your thoughts?

Rift Disciple

Master modes are a fail, nobody runs them beyond getting achievements. Difficulty and time invested are severely disproportional to the rewards master modes have to offer.

Unfortunately that is true.

Tier 1 raids are much easier mechanically than the Mastermodes and offer better loot.

I'm not really sure what they can do to make them desirable to run, unless they added a highly rewarding weekly.
    Nope.

Loot needs to be same quality as in T1 Raids. Give final bosses an extremely small chance (1 or 2%) to drop a relic.

Incentive to run them and no whining about time wasted due to crappy loot.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony the Guild View Post
    Master modes are a fail, nobody runs them beyond getting achievements. Difficulty and time invested are severely disproportional to the rewards master modes have to offer.
    Absolutely incorrect imo. The gear may not be great, but Master modes are cake walks if you're not just rolling your face on the keyboard. My last run of MMDD took maybe 30 minutes, it's just not hard. Avoid the fire on the alchemist, don't fail at cleansing on the new boss, Michael is just a stupid easy (tank him in the light to keep it fun), Don't fail at DPS on the water dude, the Geldo counsel is just sad (meh, stay in the fire, only a 600 tick anyway), and Scarn just requires decent positioning and some AoE DPS. Gratz, you now have the strat to not suck in MMDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Loot needs to be same quality as in T1 Raids. Give final bosses an extremely small chance (1 or 2%) to drop a relic.

Incentive to run them and no whining about time wasted due to crappy loot.
    One word: NO!!

T1 raid gear is already PuG-able, just get it from there. Have MM's be a step below T1 raids. Between Expert and Raid gear.

And as for the relic off Scarn/Cadeseus? ... There are enough relics in the game. Go kill LGS/Alsbeth
    Last edited by Livandria; 03-18-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Harbinger Livandira, Hand of the Arcane

Main Spec Arbiter of <Jynxed>
    2/4 BoB 4/4 Mini Bosses Down

Quote Originally Posted by Livandria View Post
    T1 raid gear is already PuG-able, just get it from there. Have MM's be a step below T1 raids. Between Expert and Raid gear.
    This is kind of the problem... there isn't really any need for another step between experts and T1 raids. Especially since the T1/T2 merge and the gear re-itemisation sweep, even just doing a few experts and buying some crafted pieces should put you at a more than adequate gear level to start on T1 raids.

Master modes seem to be an attempt to fill a niche that doesn't need to exist. I suppose if you're bored of experts and have some sort of objection to raiding, they're just about worthwhile. But if you want XP you do experts for the bonus, and if you want to gear up you skip MM entirely and go raiding.

Champion

I wouldn't mind seeing harder master mode dungeons that award better loot for people. How about an HK level master mode for 5 people? I'd like to see that with DSM personally, Killing Plutonus at HK level would be epic. Or IT, I miss when IT was a nice awareness check instead of "lets just heal through that, who cares" It would also help people gear up for ID progression.

I don't run mmDD anymore because I got bored with it.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Master modes seem to be an attempt to fill a niche that doesn't need to exist. I suppose if you're bored of experts and have some sort of objection to raiding, they're just about worthwhile. But if you want XP you do experts for the bonus, and if you want to gear up you skip MM entirely and go raiding.
    Master Modes are nice for smaller guilds. Guilds that don't have 10 regular raiders with some people not fond of PuGing, it gives them some content that is pretty difficult in the intended gear. I hope they make more, and hopefully they make some more difficult ones also.

Plane Walker

People do run mmDD but not mmCR as much because the effort vs. reward is far less - the instance is so long that if you want to clear the entirety it's a mini raid that awards worse loot than T1 raids and takes a lot more effort. Most people running these are also at least T1 raid geared. It's a pity since the art team did invest some time to make the weapons there look awesome.

I don't see this as much of an issue with the other master modes if they are implemented, just mmCR being too long/annoying. If all the dropped pieces were bumped to equal to T1 raid level rather than just some with others being slightly worse I'd think more players would do them.
    Last edited by Gyftov; 03-18-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Telaran

Tbh, Master modes are an easy way of getting a few GMoA if still needed. Getting a good group means u can do DD in around 20 min and CR in around 60-70min

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

mdd goes really quickly now, mcr took about 30m for 5 bosses just now, I would guess about the same for the next 6. but the loot is pretty much pointless all throughout, only reason anyone I know does em is for the marks, and tbh that reason is starting to get pointless

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

I don't think Master Modes were every supposed to be on par with t1 raids, only slightly better than experts with the possibility of more marks or greater marks if you complete it. It's also a nice little introduction to raid mechanics, there's actual dps checks and healing requirements, and cleansing, ZOMGZ cleansing. I think some of the loot from MMs could be expanded to give it more of an appeal. Like currently, none of the MM bosses drop any good trinkets. And for people that are new 50s, the gear you get from the final boss after all the effort is a bit underwhelming.

Ascendant

Given the access to gear available, I think it would be a wise course of action to make future Master Modes an equivalent of 5-man raids. Bosses and mobs that hit hard, enrage timers, mobs that heal, silence and interrupt; things that players can really sink their teeth into. They should offer marks and have difficulty equivalent (or maybe even slightly harder) the previous raid tier. So if there were a Master mode released with Infernal Dawn, it should offer Greater Marks and have difficulty on par or maybe a little harder than Hammerknell.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

I like them, make more. A nice planar XP completion bonus would be good but I don't think they need raid loot. It is fun to have a 5-man where you actually need to play sometimes. Get rid of expert tier if you are going to get rid of something, what a snooze those have become.

Rift Disciple

Noob questions:
    - what marks drop in master modes?
    - and how many of those marks drop per boss?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast