+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epic gear vs HK relic gear

Default Epic gear vs HK relic gear

Hello Im wondering about one thing.. Shouldnt HK gear be the best gear? :P
    I was having a little chat with a rogue ingame that says Cinderhide-Tunic is best chest for him ingame.
    And same goes for the Cinderhide-Gloves.
    He is bard and says that attack power is a good stat.
    I looked on the stats on the relic and I cant say they are so alot much better compaired..
    Maybe the HK gear should had a full set bonus or something or just boost them little bit.
    Last edited by Apeach; 03-17-2012 at 07:35 AM.

screenshot of those items side by side here:
    http://apeachs.dyndns.org/?p=28

Sword of Telara

It's just poor itemization.

A lot of mage gear is also beat by RoTP/DH/RoS/T2 RR gear until you get hex pieces or the BiS HK piece. And when you get the hex piece? It's 1-2 SP better. The problem is that the crit cap is so low. When HK first came out it was stated you would only reach soft cap with full HK gear on and full raid buffs and wouldn't see that issue beforehand. The problem is, you can hit crit cap and even with a full AP/SP source machine you have to find ways to dodge it by swapping to, as you see, BiS pieces with higher AP/SP.

Plane Touched

Itemisation has been pretty horrible all round.

For mages we have boots that drop in GSB that are better than the relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepple View Post
    Itemisation has been pretty horrible all round.

For mages we have boots that drop in GSB that are better than the relics.
    yea indeed thats why trion should look into this asap and make relics the best as it should be!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Apeach View Post
    yea indeed thats why trion should look into this asap and make relics the best as it should be!
    They've commented they would, but it's far back on the list of things to do. Even though mages are just requesting the boots be tweaked from crit --> SP which would take all of a few seconds. But if you do one item, you have to do them all I imagine, or you'd just get more complaints that one item got favored.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    It's just poor itemization.

A lot of mage gear is also beat by RoTP/DH/RoS/T2 RR gear until you get hex pieces or the BiS HK piece. And when you get the hex piece? It's 1-2 SP better. The problem is that the crit cap is so low. When HK first came out it was stated you would only reach soft cap with full HK gear on and full raid buffs and wouldn't see that issue beforehand. The problem is, you can hit crit cap and even with a full AP/SP source machine you have to find ways to dodge it by swapping to, as you see, BiS pieces with higher AP/SP.
    You forgot about the +10 to ePeen stat on the gear ;)
    In all seriousness though it would be nice if the relics were a better upgrade, some people in my guild refuse to use DKP for them because the stat upgrades on an entire set of relic gear would be less significant than a trinket.

What would be REALLY nice is a relic bonus from Synergy crystals. Maybe a 5th perk from the crystal or an increase to the existing bonuses when at least 4 pieces of your gear are relic?
    Last edited by Ladara; 03-17-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

Quote Originally Posted by Ladara View Post
    You forgot about the +10 to ePeen stat on the gear ;)
    In all seriousness though it would be nice if the relics were a better upgrade, some people in my guild refuse to use DKP for them because the stat upgrades on an entire set of relic gear would be less significant than a trinket.

What would be REALLY nice is a relic bonus from Synergy crystals. Maybe a 5th perk from the crystal or an increase to the existing bonuses when at least 4 pieces of your gear are relic?
    That still wouldn't make Nyx's Runevoid Treads better than Slipper's of the Aelfwar Prince, or every SP Wand drop under the sun better than Maddening Flame, or Captured Tsunami better than Flametalon/Darkling Skull.
    Eclipze @ Retired Raider
    Mage Extraodinaire
    PVE <The Grubs> | <Thantos Gallanos Xantos>
    PVP <Terrible Idea>

Itemisation for Rogues is kind of weird. In theory, crit should be a good stat, and most HK gear has a split of AP and/or crit. In practice, however, rogues in HK-level gear have so much baseline dex that they're over the crit softcap once raid buffs are up, which makes crit on gear an almost useless stat. I understand mages have pretty much the same issue with high int taking them over the spell crit cap.

ROTP came out later so some of the stuff is better itemised. For rogues, the chest and gloves from ROTP are significantly better than relics, and the head, shoulders and belt are marginally better. At this point it comes down to working out which HK set pieces are the least worst options so that you can still get your 4-piece bonus. Plus the rings that drop in ROTP are BIS, and the dagger is better than anything short of Akylios relics.

I really hope they do something about itemisation with regards to crit caps before ID comes out, as I'm not looking forward to another whole tier of equipment which has de facto junk stats on half the stuff...

+ Reply to Thread