+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: ID dropping GMoA.. What to spend them on?

Default ID dropping GMoA.. What to spend them on?

Hey all,

I've bought all the HK Vendor items (7pc) including a spare Chest for my Akylios Water resist (now not that useful but will probably get Fire or Earth on it).

With the release of ID and the change to the GMoA tooltip description, it is implied that ID will be dropping GMoA since it is apparently classified as a T3 raid. Has a Dev confirmed this?

For (many of) us who have completed our HK Vendor set, what is there for us to spend our marks on? i have 300 Spare plus the extra Chest i've already bought and i haven't bothered with RoTP since i got conqueror almost two months ago.

Is there an ID Vendor and if so, what sort of upgrades can we be expecting? Is there any information currently that could be linked here so that we have a more concise compilation for those who are interested?

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro
    Cleric : 4/4 : 5/5
    ~NA First Infinite Perfection~

Ascendant

There is no information at all on this situation. Everything is pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    There is no information at all on this situation. Everything is pure speculation.
    Perfect answer, that's what i assumed since to my knowledge, there has been no Dev confirmation on anything thus far. Hopefully we can get a Dev response here to clear up some confusion and hopefully clarify whether GMoA will be dropped from ID or not.

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

Champion

Would be idiotic to have GMoAs drop from a new tier.

Nice avatar pic.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Tumnayar View Post
    Would be idiotic to have GMoAs drop from a new tier.

Nice avatar pic.
    Haha thanks!

Yes, it would seem illogical to have "outdated" currencies for new content, but i have sent Elrar a PM requesting some feedback or clarification on this topic. Hopefully he will oblige, even just to say that we are getting a new currency or not!

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

To stop any rumor mills before they really start -

There will be a new raid currency for Infernal Dawn that will be required to purchase the corresponding armor.

Thanks all and have a great weekend!

So GMOA will remain and a new tier occurs? Why not just push HK currency down into MOA (converting our current tokens) and then use that?

That's what the game that cannot be named uses. and to be fair it's a brilliant idea.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post

There will be a new raid currency for Infernal Dawn that will be required to purchase the corresponding armor.

Thanks for replying mate!

<Trinity>
    Aussie Dudebro

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    So GMOA will remain and a new tier occurs? Why not just push HK currency down into MOA (converting our current tokens) and then use that?

That's what the game that cannot be named uses. and to be fair it's a brilliant idea.
    that would remove the middle tier of gearing and would eliminate the need to farm the instances we have now. if we bundled up GMoA and MoA, then no one would run HK/RotP ever again. they would just ding 50, hit T1 raids, buy up the HK mark gear, and then step into ID.

i don't care if we end up with 10 different types of marks as long as they continue to keep the tiers viable. tossing it all into one or two forms would eliminate the need to work your way up, and would do more harm then good for this game imho. making old content viable is something trion is working towards, not away from.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post

Awesome. Any plans for using GMoA's to buy Eternal Crystallized Insight?
    what is this I don't even

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Pines View Post
    Awesome. Any plans for using GMoA's to buy Eternal Crystallized Insight?
    I think thats a question many more people are asking themselves.
    Would be nice to read a "yes" or "no" to GMoA <> XP from the devs.

I'm sure there will be a GMoA > PA level conversion option at some point, to not institute something like that would be a poor move. I also see no reason they can't do it right away though, it would take all of 10 minutes to add the item into the game.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-16-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    Nope.

Prophet of Telara

Ive 750, looking forward to 1k

If they downgraded the currency to MOA, we would never be able to get to SUPER ULTRA MARKS OF ASCENSION, which I am highly looking forward to.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post

Hi, I have a mage with 650+ GMoA. It would be 750+ (and this is while missing 3 weeks of raiding too) but I bought a second pair of pants for wardrobe slot. It would be very unfair to other classes to have such a huge lead going into ID just because we only have one gear set for pve.
    Last edited by zerocrash; 03-16-2012 at 11:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast