+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Upcoming Hammerknell Changes (v1.8)

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Lightbulb Upcoming Hammerknell Changes (v1.8)

HAMMERKNELL
    * Reduced the health of base population throughout most of the zone.
    * Rune King Molinar: Increased casting time of both King and Prince's versions of Consuming Essence. Reduced health of Incorporeal Revenant. Increased the damage reduction Mages receive against Prince Dollin's Life Rend and Terminate Life abilities.
    * Grugonim: Reduced Grugonim's health. Increased duration of Bloodplague Essence. Reduced the maximum health reduction applied by Manifested Death.
    * Inquisitor Garau: Reduced Garau's health.
    With the release of Infernal Dawn right around the corner; these appear to be the next set of changes to HK coming in 1.8.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 03-16-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    With the release of Infernal Dawn right around the corner; these appear to be the next set of changes to HK coming in 1.8.
    or nerfs in other words. Which aren't as bad as the Akylios one.

Base population HP reduction, meaning trash is fine, who cares.
    Grug & Garau HP reduction, also, not a big deal.

As long as they leave Akylios alone for another few months, it is reasonable

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Not a surprise, HK will be very PuG-able at that point.
    Last edited by Gyle; 03-16-2012 at 03:35 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Do we really need to lay the smackdown on this raid zone as soon as the new one comes out?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the viability of a game designed this way relies on making new content challenging for the end-gamers and making the previous step more casual/softcore/pug accessable.. but to hit it right at the same time as the new dungeon seems a little extreme.

I just think there should be a little overlap time where the new content is dangled as the carrot for people to, quite simply, play better.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Estovia View Post
    I just think there should be a little overlap time where the new content is dangled as the carrot for people to, quite simply, play better.
    Just like they did back in EQ. Would love this, but it doesn't cater to the type of players on MMO's these days. The whinefest would be huge if something like that happened.
    Gimpaholic
    <The Grubs>
    8/8 ID
    www.thegrubs.net
    Laethys

At the rate they've been going they wont' need a separate HK: Chronicle. Its going to get nerfed indirectly as well through gear/stat increases with ID too.

edit: yea, I'm being salty. Bring back Akylios!!! <.<
    Last edited by Inixia; 03-16-2012 at 05:18 PM.

General of Telara

Grug is going to be such a fast kill with less HP and buff lasting longer (possibly leading to 99 stacks for everyone depending how long is stays up).

But as many will say, who really cares about lower floor when 1.8 will be released. And it will certainly be as challenging to pug the nerfed version than kill the semi-nerfed ones with guild (and the king/prince change seems to really go toward that goal, with the extra mitigation provided to the mage tank - so you don't have to pug a mage with special gear)

Edit: and Garau's HP nerf is a few month late
    Last edited by Ethanol; 03-16-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethanol View Post
    Grug is going to be such a fast kill with less HP and buff lasting longer (possibly leading to 99 stacks for everyone depending how long is stays up).
    The ant buff stacks to 100.

Its been done. It was how it needed to be done back when grug was first killed and each stack of the buff gave +0.5% damage instead of the 4% per stack now. You could not allow the stacks on your dps to fall off, or you would not meet the enrage timer.

They completely eliminated the ant buff management aspect of the fight when it became obvious that no more than 3-4 guilds were capable of handling it.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 03-17-2012 at 05:32 AM.

As if the addition of PA and the flat buff to everyone's gear weren't enough of a nerf already...

HK doesn't need to become easier than this, unless you want people to skip T1 raid content altogether and allow them to conquer the lower floor in quest blues...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    They completely eliminated the ant buff management aspect of the fight when it became obvious that no more than 3-4 guilds were capable of handling it.
    And this makes me really sad. Anything can be handled if you just put your mind to it. I wish I had started Rift earlier than I did, so I could have experienced HK when it was still being pioneered...
    Last edited by Raynedrops; 03-17-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Raynedrops View Post
    As if the addition of PA and the flat buff to everyone's gear weren't enough of a nerf already...

HK doesn't need to become easier than this, unless you want people to skip T1 raid content altogether and allow them to conquer the lower floor in quest blues...
    Yes, because it's a completely viable and fun game model to force new players to slog through every single tier of old content before they can even get close to attempting the new and exciting stuff which is being promoted.

Why do you care anyway? Anyone with any interest in raiding is 11/11 already, so all that more HK nerfs mean is that farm night is half an hour quicker and it's slightly less irritating to gear up your alts. Unless you're the sort of bitter nerd who is resentful of other people getting things easier than when you did it, it doesn't affect you at all.

Ascendant

I'm glad that they're reducing the health of mobs rather than reduce their damage for the most part. Let lesser geared or skilled players at least experience the same intensity, even if it's not for as long.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Yes, because it's a completely viable and fun game model to force new players to slog through every single tier of old content before they can even get close to attempting the new and exciting stuff which is being promoted.

Why do you care anyway? Anyone with any interest in raiding is 11/11 already, so all that more HK nerfs mean is that farm night is half an hour quicker and it's slightly less irritating to gear up your alts. Unless you're the sort of bitter nerd who is resentful of other people getting things easier than when you did it, it doesn't affect you at all.
    QFT. This was painfully obvious in Vanilla WoW and BC where people had to go through 3 Tiers of raiding to finally catch up to Naxx and Sunwell. Its a huge deterrant for new players who just signed up, hit 50, and find out they are "behind" so to say. Dropping T1 dungeons was a huge bonus to this group.

I was just talking to someone this weekend who said an old guildie resubbed, and after a few days decided they were so far behind on PAs that they quit again.

These are the people that play the game for entertainment, not for work/grinding

Cleric Tank

Champion

I'm not bitter at all, I've farmed everything HK has to offer and look forward to it being a weekend/alt thing to do for fun when I'm not smashing my face into ID. I don't really see how any of the encounters in the raid are difficult for anyone with at least full t1 raid gear. I also don't see how this helps anyone gear any quicker and get ready for ID unless you were stuck on a lower floor boss, in which case you probably weren't ready for ID even with some extra gear.

So positives: Easier to gear new/returning players coming into raiding guilds with quicker farm nights.
    Easier to gear alts and run PuGs and GDKP HK raids
    Faster track for skilled players to get into ID

Negatives- The possibility of an even bigger difficulty gap betweek HK and ID leading to frustration when unprepared players enter the raid.

It seems like the positives outweigh the negatives.

@Quietmode- I'm not really sure why someone would unsub over PA's when they're really not game breaking. They're a nice bonus to stats and also easy to catch up on through dailies and normal play. =/ Maybe with the nerfs to HK they'll start doing a weekly for it like they do GSB and RoS so we can get some decent XP for clearing it *Nudge nudge @Trion*
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

So T1 raids and HK aren't new and exciting to a new player?

And no, I'm not bitter and resentful; my guild started raiding HK last month and we're only 8/11. I'm simply saying that I feel these continuous nerfs are unwarranted, because people already received a significant bump to their gear, which in itself I think was enough of a "nerf" to current raid content.

Of course things need to be toned down in order for the less "hardcore" audience to progress. But I also think the toning down needs to stop at some point.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Raynedrops View Post
    So T1 raids and HK aren't new and exciting to a new player?

And no, I'm not bitter and resentful; my guild started raiding HK last month and we're only 8/11. I'm simply saying that I feel these continuous nerfs are unwarranted, because people already received a significant bump to their gear, which in itself I think was enough of a "nerf" to current raid content.

Of course things need to be toned down in order for the less "hardcore" audience to progress. But I also think the toning down needs to stop at some point.
    The encounters have already been toned down quite a bit since release. In addition, it is much easier to gear than it was before. Most 4=5/11 guilds have most of their members in 4 piece making the DPS higher and the fights easier by default.
    RNG is everything

7/8 ID HK Conq- Prostatus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast