+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greater Marks description changed?

Default Greater Marks description changed?

"Earned by completing t2 random dungeons and by defeating powerful monsters in t3 raids."
    A guild mate noticed the marks description had changed. If HK is t2, and ID is supposed to be T3 will the current Greater Marks be transformed to regular marks? Additionally the Mark of Ascension's description also changed.

It's been like that for a while I think, I guess it's just that Trion seem to have a different idea of the "tiers" to what everyone else does.

Plane Walker

I believe they posted up about how their new tiers work. Basically as trion states

- "Tier 1": Expert Dungeons, Ember Isle, early Prestige Ranks, Expert Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 2": Master Dungeons, entry Raids and Slivers, mid-Prestige Ranks, Raid Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 3": Difficult Raids and Slivers, high-end Prestige Ranks.

So HK would actually be T3 along with Rotp. Chances are ID will be ranked as a "Tier 4" raid, giving better loot.
    Last edited by Purutzil; 03-16-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post
    I believe they posted up about how their new tiers work. Basically as trion states

- "Tier 1": Expert Dungeons, Ember Isle, early Prestige Ranks, Expert Rifts, and Zone Events.
    - "Tier 2": Master Dungeons, entry Raids and Slivers, mid-Prestige Ranks, Raid Rifts, and Zone Events.

So HK would actually be T3 along with Rotp. Chances are ID will be ranked as a "Tier 4" raid, giving better loot.
    Nope ID is T3 and HK is T2 as per a recent dev note as apparently it's GSB/ROS - T1, HK / ROTP - T2 ID - T3.

I'm sure next week they'll be T4/T5 again like everyone else refers to them.

Ya they need to try hard to use the new nomenclature they stated in the 1.7 patch notes for tiers.

I know its rough, its even tough on my end when I shout in guild chat, who wants to do a T2? and all the new peeps are like...whats that? lol. I'm still getting used to saying expert dungeon.

I think I read a post once where the devs apologize for old references. Its been that way for nearly a year so tough to get out of that mindset but I think is important moving forward so we know what everyone is talking about both new and veteran players and devs.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSquirrel View Post
    I'm sure next week they'll be T4/T5 again like everyone else refers to them.
    The issue is that Trion considers raids and dungeons to be on separate scales, so if you consider just raids then it makes sense that GSB/ROS is T1, and so on and so forth. Hell, the updated Greater Mark description on PTS says you use them to buy gear from tier two raid merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Purutzil View Post

^ This guy is right,
    http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...2-2-12-eu.html
    Under 'LEVEL 45+ ITEMIZATION ADJUSTMENTS'
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

I gave up calling GSB/RoS T3 about 6 months ago.
    It's been Tier 1 or Raid Tier 1 for a long time in my mind.

I see it as:
    Trash: Dungeons/T1 Rifts
    T1: GSB/RoS/DH/GP/T2 Rifts
    T2: HK/RotP
    T3: ID

Which fits well with the desired pyramid model of gear advancement
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 03-16-2012 at 07:10 PM.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread