+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tier and Item Set Bonus Help Needed

Soulwalker

Default Tier and Item Set Bonus Help Needed

Hello everyone.

After a long absence I have come back to Rift about 3 weeks ago. I im in love with it again, however after such a long absence I feel a little bit lost.

My biggest question is the set bonuses for gear. Here is my confusion.

There are crafted items that have set bonuses.
    There are tier items that have set bonuses.
    There are crystals that do something with bonuses.
    Plus I heard that there is a lot of gear that doesnt show a bonus but counts towards crystal bonuses?

I am lost. I have some shoulders crafted. I believe they are Raid T1 equivalent. Then I was told that a blighted crystal would give me a set bonus. So I bought one. But nothing happened.

I am not collecting my my second tier dungeon set from the Elder relics merchant. But those have their own set bonuses.

I am pretty much just lost. If someone could povide me with some simple info.

My character's name is Dirtnasty on the Millrush shard. Rogue with Marksman spec for dungeons and hopefully future raids.

Thanks.

There are indeed the following:

A) Crafting Set - With bonus
    B) Raiding Set - With Bonus
    C) Planarite Set - With bonus
    D) t1 raiding set - with bonus
    E) t2 raiding set - with bonus

The bonus for the crafting set will be marked on the armor.
    The bonus for everything else involved getting a crystal for 75 or 100 Inscribed Sourcestones from the vender. (guardian inside where the lessers are located - defiant i have no idea).

So as a rouge, you will first want to get a set of Crafting (if you have the plat) Nibble Deathbringer's (i think). If you don't have the plat to drop, start doing dungeons (I or L hotkey) collect plaques of achievement and buy armor. If you do any pickup raids like DH, GP, GSB or RoS then you will get marks of achievement. 50 per piece, with a crystal of your choice. 4 pieces give you the bonus listed on the crystal. HK's are greater marks atm and they start at 50 per piece as well.

Hope that helped, obviously just trying to throw it down from memory.

*edit* Not marks of achievement but mark of ascension // Greater Mark of Ascension.

Some sets just require the items to be equipped - the crafted gear falls under this category - and the bonus is always the same, it's just dependent on how many pieces you have equipped.

Other sets don't carry a bonus themselves but are activated by a synergy crystal - for these the description says something like "Set bonus requires Blighted Synergy Crystal" or whatever, and equipping a different crystal will change the bonusses you get. No crystal = no set bonus.

there's also the planar conqueror set, which gives you the raid set bonus (blighted ...) and can be farmed solo.

I would not worry that much about the bonus, until you can use the blighted crystals a set bonus is just that: a stat bonus or some extra damage.

there are 2 kinds of sets, one with a fixed bonus (deathbringer for example), and a set which gives you the option to use a crystal, which means you can choose what kind of bonus you actually want

as expletus said, the <epic planar enhancement> npc should have all crystals, if you want to see what possible crystals exist.
    Last edited by Gray; 03-16-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks guys. That is awesome.

Where can I find more information about the planarite set. I have about 20k planarite as I've been doing events and farming Ember Isle.

Who sells this set? Do you know the name of it for a Rogue?

Again, thank you very much for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield View Post
    Thanks guys. That is awesome.

Where can I find more information about the planarite set. I have about 20k planarite as I've been doing events and farming Ember Isle.

Who sells this set? Do you know the name of it for a Rogue?

Again, thank you very much for the replies.
    Epic Planar Equipment vendor or something to that effect, near all the guys that sell essences

They really need to make vendor names more descriptive
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-16-2012 at 10:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread