+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grugonim bug? *video*

Rift Chaser

Default Grugonim bug? *video*

A couple of weeks ago we were doing Grug the same way we usually do, but we encountered 2 weird bugs.

The first one was right after one of the knockbacks and he went under ground, he stayed in place instead of following us. He just stayed there in one spot for almost a full minute before going active again.

The second one was also during the burrow phase. He was following quite a bit behind the group, then suddenly BAM he knocks everyone off the platform. We even managed to record it.

Grug be trolling us.

Anyone else ever encountered these bugs, and do you know what triggers them?
    Last edited by Threx; 03-16-2012 at 05:43 AM.

LOL funny video but no, I've never seen that. Might have something to do with your strat though... Never seen someone just run beside him away from the whole entire raid. Must be hard to kite him like that :X.

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Threx View Post
    The second one was also during the burrow phase. He was following quite a bit behind the group, then suddenly BAM he knocks everyone off the platform. We even managed to record it.
    We had this happen last week. Seismic right during the borrow phase killed a couple and knocked more off the platform. If I remember correctly, earlier in that attempt Grug had gone immune to damage at a time other than after the 3rd breath.

Dunno what caused it, but it didn't reoccur again and we got him down.

Edit because edit timers are stupid: I also noticed your raid group is really far away from grug during the kite phase. Try staying closer to him?
    Last edited by Mayakov; 03-16-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Sword of Telara

What the above poster said. Grug staying submerged and not pursuing I believe is due to targeting a enemy unit for burrow that is too far outside of aggro range. It can be solved I think quickly by the tank dying or people moving closer, but it's been a long time since I've seen it.

Champion of Telara

The "bug" you are seeing is the mechanic added early at the start to prevent the kiting-kills that happened early on.

Its the same "bug" that resets him at 50% or 10% tower phase if there isnt a tank near him. (Assuming really..i have had him stop his necrotic breath while wiping once because i blinked away with extra speed etc, causing him to get outranged..Stopped breath to chase me..and then dived inside and knocked instantly after ~second breath..Was a wipe anyway so we ignored it)

You are simply running too far away, and the guy targeted is too far away= causes him to recast his knockback, happened to us also once in the last 5 months of killing him and only when we were really far away for some reason.

I think he targeted someone that was too far already and didnt move..then redid his phase the moment we got close to him, pretty much what happened to you.
    Last edited by potis; 03-16-2012 at 06:29 AM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

Rift Chaser

Cool, thanks for all the feedback.

@Mayakov
    The lone guy running beside Grug, I think, was either a warrior who accidentally had WotM on so didn't get knocked back or a tank who didn't position himself correctly to get knocked into same direction as the main group, thus causing him to lag behind. We usually don't have that loner beside Grug.

@Mayakov
    The lone guy running beside Grug, I think, was either a warrior who accidentally had WotM on so didn't get knocked back or a tank who didn't position himself correctly to get knocked into same direction as the main group, thus causing him to lag behind. We usually don't have that loner beside Grug.
    I thought you were trying to get the guy to be a decoy and get grug to target him heh
    Last edited by Mayakov; 03-16-2012 at 07:06 AM.

If grug is underground to long, he will knockback everyone within 20-25meters.

Cleric Tank

Rift Disciple

@Mayakov
    Random side note:

Your warrior is fine leaving WotM up. They just need to pop fleet of foot during the third breath so they can be ready to run and catch up after the knock back. It's fine. Not using wotm is way too much of a dps loss for a warrior. Could always switch it during third breath too and then put it back up during kite phase I spose, but fleet of foot is easier

A couple of weeks ago we were doing Grug the same way we usually do, but we encountered 2 weird bugs.

The first one was right after one of the knockbacks and he went under ground, he stayed in place instead of following us. He just stayed there in one spot for almost a full minute before going active again.

Grug be trolling us.

Anyone else ever encountered these bugs, and do you know what triggers them?
    I'm going to figure out how to make him do this and troll my raid until someone catches on >:O
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

This video needs more rage faces and needs to be slightly longer to satisfy my hunger for amusement.
    --BC

Soulwalker

We have one or two warriors that keep their Way of the Mountain up for Grug. They just either use Fleet of Foot, or lead out from the group a second before we all get knocked back. You can have a pretty good idea where everyone is going to land if you're all stacked properly.

and having Grug reset at 8% is the suck...

+ Reply to Thread