+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gearing a cleric Multi-spec

Default Gearing a cleric Multi-spec

got the spirit tempered gear for healing
    The keeper gear for tanking. Thinking I dps more than i tank with questing and pvp sometimes so might trade it for the dps crafted gear.
    Curious as to what are the other pieces I should get or if anyone knows a good site to follow?
    I intend to be a raider.
    Last edited by Zjosh86; 03-16-2012 at 02:53 AM.

Plane Walker

If you intend to be a raider you would most likely use Shyla's / Gleaming raiding sets, which is good for both healing and dps.

Default best?

what's the best one to go for? more or less I prefer ones that aren't based on RNG or drops for most of the set. If both are they I'd just prefer the better set or better pieces of each.
    Keep noted a lot tell me the set I'm using the crafted tempered and keeper gear are close to end game gear. Not sure it that is accurate but either way.

There's not a great difference between healing and DPS sets now that healing gear all has focus. I think healing stuff has more spellpower and DPS stuff has more crit, but I don't play cleric seriously so I'm not entirely certain. The properly-augmented craftable stuff is basically high-end T1 raid equivalent, so it's more or less on a par with the stuff you buy with Marks of Ascension, but nowhere near Hammerknell level stuff.

Tier sets will always be better than drops due to the synergy crystal bonusses, though. Bear in mind that you only need 2/4 pieces of *any* set of that tier equipped, and then you just swap in different crystals for different set bonusses, which makes multi-role gearing much easier. I'd be inclined to get the crafted set, then go for the boots, legs, gloves and helm from the proper tier set - gloves and helm first for the focus - that way you can get your 4-piece synergy bonus and still keep the crafted bonusses.

You basically want to aim for a spellpower to spellcrit ratio of 2.5:1 (though if you're mainly dpsing with shaman you may want more crit). When you start getting marks for raid gear you can mix and match the sets. You don't need all healing or all dps set to get the crystals bonuses so you could have say half annointed gear and half seraphic. For example HK mark gear I have 3 pieces of reinforced and one of gleaming but still get the 4 piece bonus.

Obviously you'll want to get crit capped eventually but in my experience sticking to that ratio gives better dps than going for all out crit (with the exception maybe of shaman which is very crit dependent).
    Last edited by insainbassist; 03-16-2012 at 09:57 AM.

+ Reply to Thread