+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Runic Descent Final Boss

Default Runic Descent Final Boss

I'm a Ranger/Marksman/Assassin with most of my points in Ranger. So, I use my Blood Raptor in Dungeons.

First time I went in Runic Descent, the final boss (spoilers, i guess for people who hasn't been here) has some sort of shield on him and I kept dying because of it. Even when I stopped attacking when the sheild went up I still died because my pet was still attacking!

Would it be easier for me if I go in the dungeon without a pet? If not, any suggestions on not dying repeatedly?

If you really like your pet class, the best thing to do is just pull your pet off of him. Your pet has commands on his bar to attack, stand still, or retreat back to you. Just have him return and you'll be safe.

I also assume you are running regular runic decent. The shield actually can be removed by a purge from marksman, inquisitars, dominators, necromancers, and anyone else that can purge buffs from opponents. Purging is the best way to go, but if no one has a purge, just stop all damage by calling your pet back when you see him cast it (you have about three seconds to pull your pet off before the shield pops). So just pay attention to the cast bar and pull your pet off right when you see it.

Hope that helps.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Assuming Warden Falidor on regular RD?

That's a reflect shield that can be purged. If no one can purge it, just watch his buffs and it will tick off in a few seconds. Until it does, don't attack and put your pet on passive until the shield is gone.

Edit: Marksman purge is called Eradicate, check if you have it! It's a blue colored icon.
    Last edited by Akhet; 03-15-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Shadowlander

I am surprised that the pet would result in you taking damage, while I am not suggesting you are wrong, I do think you might want to check what is killing you in the combat log.

If somehow your pet's attacks are killing you, I would suggest telling the pet to stop attacking when the shield goes up, and then re-engage him after the shield drops. Furthermore, a player with a purge can remove the shield, it can be dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Althir View Post
    I am surprised that the pet would result in you taking damage, while I am not suggesting you are wrong, I do think you might want to check what is killing you in the combat log.

If somehow your pet's attacks are killing you, I would suggest telling the pet to stop attacking when the shield goes up, and then re-engage him after the shield drops. Furthermore, a player with a purge can remove the shield, it can be dispelled.
    It is the pet. ANY direct attacks on the guy will cause the shield to deal damage to the entire raid, even if its a pet.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I just did Runic Descent again. I just put him on Passive or whatever that little dove is on the pets action bar. That seemed to work for me but my DPS went down since he wasn't attacking.

I'll just watch his cast bar next time, for some reason I didn't think of that. lol

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    It is the pet. ANY direct attacks on the guy will cause the shield to deal damage to the entire raid, even if its a pet.
    The only thing worse than being unaware of a mechanic is being wrong about how a mechanic works and creating strategies around a false assumption.

Falidor's Glacial Shield only damages the folks who hit him. This includes all attacks that are in flight (spells, arrows, etc) and auto attacks.

The pet hitting it would only be damaging the pet itself. The OP was probably taking damage because his character was still doing ranged auto-attacks even if he himself is not doing any skills.

And I'm almost willing to bet that they died to cursed wave instead of the shield itself.

Plane Walker

PBKAC issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    PBKAC issue.
    PBKAC? what's that? Still a n00b to some Rift terms and abbreviations.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalia View Post
    PBKAC? what's that? Still a n00b to some Rift terms and abbreviations.
    Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. Also referred to as a ID10T error. He was saying that the problem is with the player, not the game.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair. Also referred to as a ID10T error. He was saying that the problem is with the player, not the game.
    Well, that's obvious. I know I was doing something wrong. It was my first time in the dungeon. No need to point it out so bluntly.

I just did Runic Descent again. I just put him on Passive or whatever that little dove is on the pets action bar. That seemed to work for me but my DPS went down since he wasn't attacking.
    Put him on passive when the boss casts the Shield. Put him back on defensive when the shield is gone
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

I would recommend a petless Marksman build.

And also might want to make this kind of macro for these mechanics (does not include pet commands, as I don't know them).

stopattack
    stopcasting
    target @self

Hope that helps even in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

Plane Touched

Well, that's obvious. I know I was doing something wrong. It was my first time in the dungeon. No need to point it out so bluntly.
    Whoa now, I was just clarifying a geek term here, not wielding it against any one. But yeah, for leveling you want a few different specs to use in different situations. For solo go with ranger/marksman or the cuisinart build. For dungeons go pure marksman, it will get you use to the feel of the class for when you hit 50. Or if you want something fun that no one ever sees anymore, you could go sabo.

Quote Originally Posted by silentnights View Post
    Whoa now, I was just clarifying a geek term here, not wielding it against any one. But yeah, for leveling you want a few different specs to use in different situations. For solo go with ranger/marksman or the cuisinart build. For dungeons go pure marksman, it will get you use to the feel of the class for when you hit 50. Or if you want something fun that no one ever sees anymore, you could go sabo.
    Haha sorry. I meant to target that at the other person not you. Sorry for it coming off that way.

For level 50, I was planning on going Marksman/Riftstalker/Sabo. Almost like the build from the Rogue class video Trion put out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast