+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is Coda of Jeopardy useless in low level dungeons?

Soulwalker

Default Is Coda of Jeopardy useless in low level dungeons?

I'm new to this game... I started a week ago. I'm level 30 and I was a Bard for the whole go but I went Planar Sentry to see what tanking was like.

There was a bard in the group who wouldn't cast Coda of Jeopardy. When I asked her to she said, "I don't do Coda of Jeopardy when the mob is at 30%." Which is a fair retort but I can get Coda of Jeopardy up on 3 elite mobs before any of them even reach 80%.

I said this and the only response I got was, 'we're level 30 so it won't really help much'. We got into a petty little argument and she told me to 'mind your own class' to which my response was 'bard is my class, I've been twisting since the 90's you malevolent ****' ... anyway they vote kicked me... rightly so I should add I was being a pretentious ****.

But is that true? Is Coda of Jeopardy useless in low level dungeons? Have I been wasting my time trying to get CoJ up ASAP in dungeons? This bard wouldn't even cast it on bosses.

My rotation on my bard is Cadence + Power Chord + Coda of Jeopardy, tab Riff + CoJ, tab Cadence+PC+CoJ... I can usually get that up as I said before any of them reach 80%... should I stop doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
    I'm new to this game... I started a week ago. I'm level 30 and I was a Bard for the whole go but I went Planar Sentry to see what tanking was like.

There was a bard in the group who wouldn't cast Coda of Jeopardy. When I asked her to she said, "I don't do Coda of Jeopardy when the mob is at 30%." Which is a fair retort but I can get Coda of Jeopardy up on 3 elite mobs before any of them even reach 80%.

I said this and the only response I got was, 'we're level 30 so it won't really help much'. We got into a petty little argument and she told me to 'mind your own class' to which my response was 'bard is my class, I've been twisting since the 90's you malevolent ****' ... anyway they vote kicked me... rightly so I should add I was being a pretentious ****.

But is that true? Is Coda of Jeopardy useless in low level dungeons? Have I been wasting my time trying to get CoJ up ASAP in dungeons? This bard wouldn't even cast it on bosses.

My rotation on my bard is Cadence + Power Chord + Coda of Jeopardy, tab Riff + CoJ, tab Cadence+PC+CoJ... I can usually get that up as I said before any of them reach 80%... should I stop doing this?
    Nope, lazy bard. At the very least casting it on bosses is a good idea. It's not like anyone should be minmaxing what will "really help much" at level 30 anyway. But if the group's DPS is ok then let the person do what they want.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-15-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Yes its worth it, specially if you are playing bard. Btw CoJ gas an ICD of 3 seconds per playet. Which means there is no benefit in casting it on 3 mobs if all the players are hitting it. Lets say there 2 mobs and the dps is split, then yes doing CoJ on both would be good.

For thrash just aoe debuff for melee and magic then aoe nuke or heal. If there is a mob that has much more health than the others than its worth casting it on that, and bosses.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

+ Reply to Thread