Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Raidrifts resurrection

Rift Master

Default Raidrifts resurrection

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...t-toolkit.html

I've been looking through the source code, but with no databases and some vital information missing. Tape has made it hard to resurrect a carbon copy of his site from the source code he has provided. I've tried to contact him regarding this but no response as of it.

Here is where I need the community with good memory to help out. I can get the basics of raidrifts back up in as little as a month I'm projecting.

Some questions if you can assist:
    How did the original raidrifts website work? (I can't say i remember it that well)
    What features were present on raidrifts?

Your answer would be greatly appreciated and would in turn influence how the resurrection will take place for me and other developers I've got on this. Once we have a functional site back I will come back to the community for feedback regarding features and how they want it to work.

I hope I can say this in trust that I am indeed dedicated to making a log website available with all the bells and whistles. Hosting services and redundancy are already in place for when I'm happy to take it live. I look forward to your responses guys.

Thanks!
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Looking back at RIFT is bittersweet. Ah damn.

Rift Master

http://imgur.com/a/u7nRb#0

Basic restoration there thanks to one of the devs I've been in works with. Hopefully we can get riftlogs features into raidrifts as well. There is a lot of work ahead. So any comments would be appreciated regarding what you remember.
    A remnant of special olympics world first hammerknell - 27th July 2011 - Best raid ever to be opened. I was a mighty warrior tank. Had many friends and was appreciated in the community.

Plane Touched

incorporating buff/debuff uptime is the main thing that raidrifts was missing that riftlogs had.

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by DiabolicWeapon View Post
    incorporating buff/debuff uptime is the main thing that raidrifts was missing that riftlogs had.
    This. Arguably one of the most useful features.
    what is this I don't even

That and easily accessed leaderboards. I don't want to have to click between 10 different guild parses just to try and figure out where i stand.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Didn't Trion mention in that video that they are coming out with PVE leaderboards?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

so... how extensive is your knowledge of php vendrel?

but with no databases and
    perhaps you should read the backend more clearly.. it should state what tables are being retrieved.. and you should be able to recreate the database from that. "ps.. start with the error on line 20 in file.php" error message.. it's most likely trying to fetch data from a table you have yet to make.
    Last edited by TyrLith; 03-11-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Rift Master

Without a doubt I'll add that to the top of list as must have features once the site gets back up and running.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Didn't Trion mention in that video that they are coming out with PVE leaderboards?
    Why does everyone assume this has anything at all to do with dps parses?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Why does everyone assume this has anything at all to do with dps parses?
    Why does anyone assume it won't be something until they clarify what it will be? See how silly I just made you sound?

They said they won't do a Trion Parses site, but as far as I'm concerned a PVE leaderboard could be anything from dungeon clear times, to raid clear times, raid boss clears, raid dps numbers(no breakdowns a.k.a. parses), etc.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 03-11-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Plane Touched

finally, someone serious about getting this amazing community tool back up and running

i applaud you!

i wish i knew enough about website design to help you out

also to the poster who thinks that the PvE leaderboards will show dps parses, you're dreaming buddy. they will most likely show time of first kill for world firsts, time of achievement gain for world firsts, and if we're REALLY REALLY lucky it might show how long the boss took to kill (low chance at that though)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    finally, someone serious about getting this amazing community tool back up and running

i applaud you!

also to the poster who thinks that the PvE leaderboards will show dps parses, you're dreaming buddy. they will most likely show time of first kill for world firsts, time of achievement gain for world firsts, and if we're REALLY REALLY lucky it might show how long the boss took to kill (low chance at that though)
    Hey red, yep very serious about getting this back up and running and adding the features riftlogs had and then going forward adding bit by bit.

As I say though, it's a shame I couldn't have just had a carbon copy of riftlogs, instead working from test version of raidrifts requires more work than needed if previous owners cooperated a bit better

Quote Originally Posted by Coel View Post
    Hey coel, Yeah i did find this yesterday. It's not the original developers DB. It's badly optimized and doesn't really help much but will be cross-referenced with whatever has already been done.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention anyway

Plane Touched

my bad, I thought it was the original

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post

i applaud you!

I don't think anyone has even suggested any PVE leader board will show parses. You might want to go back and read some of the related posts.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast