+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please require trained abilities for LFG tool.

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

Default Please require trained abilities for LFG tool.

I just had the worst ROTF in a long time on a low level tank alt. Not only did we have a bad healer who was wearing mostly costume gear and the white items you get when you create your character, he clearly had not trained his abilities at all. At lvl 16, his healing breath was critting me for like 250 hp when it should have been like way higher.

Luckily the mage in our group was lvl 16 so he had natures touch and bloom crit 600+ hp so we got through. I think the cleric might have been passable if he had his skills trained, but I guess that wouldn't have stopped him from using literally nothing but healing spray and healing breath. I seriously had to use my 5 min cd full heal on a single trash mob and still died to it lol.

Nah, this stuff just goes with the territory. The same happens with all classes and roles. Part of the learning process.

I can't imagine caring that much about anything that happens at level 16.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I can't imagine caring that much about anything that happens at level 16.
    no but i am now tempted to go do some experts wearing newbie gear, unfortunately i will still have trained skills but oh well

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonics View Post
    no but i am now tempted to go do some experts wearing newbie gear, unfortunately i will still have trained skills but oh well
    Can just manually gimp yourself by not using buffs or finishers :P
    The Riftguard
    Deepwood :: TDQ 4/4 :: FT 2/4
    Morning Raiding Guild - Recruiting!

Atrius: "Paragon seems solid. At Level 60 I came in at the top of IA damage."

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    Nah, this stuff just goes with the territory. The same happens with all classes and roles. Part of the learning process.
    Even so, LFG won't let you queue with unallocated soul points, and (I think) there's now a warning in the spellbook if you have new skills to train, so it would be easy enough to put the same gating on people with untrained skill ranks as people with unspent soul points. Can't actually guarantee that they'll use them properly, but it's better than nothing...

Prophet of Telara BrownsMageNerfDelivery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    Even so, LFG won't let you queue with unallocated soul points, and (I think) there's now a warning in the spellbook if you have new skills to train, so it would be easy enough to put the same gating on people with untrained skill ranks as people with unspent soul points. Can't actually guarantee that they'll use them properly, but it's better than nothing...
    This. One of the menu buttons stays highlighted until you train. Perhaps this is less annoying to others -- personally, it bothers the bejesus out of me.

The LFG isn't absolutely perfect, but it's admittedly at level 16 you encountered this problem. It gets slightly better (as you run into people who have more experience playing).

World Best
    AT LEAST 20 MOTHER****ERS TRIED TO BAN ME BUT I'M STILL HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gile View Post
    We do not want to carry you like GO had to for SO So go kill yourself
    I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BAN AIN'T ONE

Banned

I can actually agree with this, mostly because I logged in to an alt recently to get him some gear and queued up, forgetting that I power leveled him from about level 35 on to 50 and didn't even spend points and train. So it would have been nice had it not let me queue up and just said 'you have untrained skills, or unspent points'.

+ Reply to Thread