+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arakhurn and Grugonim bugged

Default Arakhurn and Grugonim bugged

did grug he kept resetting during 2nd tower phase

did arakhurn he kept melee swing random player for no reason and one shotting them

which raid are we supposed to do?

General of Telara

For Grug, the fix seem to not have the tank with aggro too far away from him (only happened once to us, so can't talk from experience)

For Grugonim, it is best to have the tank with the aggro near him, and get a healer to keep him healed whilst the rest of the raid does towers.

For the priest, you need to make sure that the tank with aggro takes at least one tick of the aoe before he line of sights. If not, the priest will pick random targets and start one-shotting them.

Champion

We've had the Grug thing happen even with the tank staying next to him.
    Altruistic Valorians - Faeblight -- *RETIRED*
    Guild Leader
    60 Warrior Main Tank
    FT 4/4 - EE 4/5 - TotDQ 4/4

Telaran

Grug has been covered correctly.

The reason you are having problems with the priest is this:

Your tank is not standing close enough on the rock and his/her attacks are not hitting the priest therefore resulting in a loss of threat and hes picking off your people 1 by 1. This happened to me in an ROTP I was doing and I couldnt figure out why until I went back into my combat logs and discovered my threat builders weren't even hitting the mob.

In short, have your tank inch closer on the rock and you wont have this issue. ESPECIALLY if hes using a reaver build.

Rift Chaser

We had the priest reset Thursday night during phase 2 (the add phase). We had 5 of the 6 adds dead and the other was at about 10%. It disappeared and the phase 1 priest reappeared instantly (1.5m HP or whatever).

We just plugged along and got it, but annoying nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimhalpert View Post
    did grug he kept resetting during 2nd tower phase

did arakhurn he kept melee swing random player for no reason and one shotting them

which raid are we supposed to do?
    both of these are caused by your tank being too far away from the mob.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by kletusthereaver View Post
    Grug has been covered correctly.

The reason you are having problems with the priest is this:

Your tank is not standing close enough on the rock and his/her attacks are not hitting the priest therefore resulting in a loss of threat and hes picking off your people 1 by 1. This happened to me in an ROTP I was doing and I couldnt figure out why until I went back into my combat logs and discovered my threat builders weren't even hitting the mob.

In short, have your tank inch closer on the rock and you wont have this issue. ESPECIALLY if hes using a reaver build.
    Epic! /10char
    Akx - Blackout@Deepwood
    http://riftblackout.com

Soulwalker

The Grug bug is a known issue. Verified by a GM in game for my guild. The fix is that you have to have a player engage the 4th tower before the 3rd tower dies.

We normally have a Marksman stay ahead of the raid by 1 tower for all 6 just in case. Since a GM has told us to engage the 4th tower before 3rd goes down, Grug has not reset.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    both of these are caused by your tank being too far away from the mob.
    That's exactly what I was going to say

If you tell the tank it's his fault and he doesn't listen, let him tank Akylios when you get to him, being far away will be really obvious to him, and he'll learn quick.
    Doesn't matter what is put here, someone is going to @#%^& about it, regardless of what it is.

Could be worse. Last time in, Grug up and did an extra Seismic while burrowing. Total WTF moment, complete with a number of folks launched right off the platform.

Soulwalker

its annoying. last nigh grug reseted at 40% and we had 20 ppl alive. probably we would kill him but fcking reset didnt let us to kill it.

Rift Chaser

We had a weird bug the other night on Grug. We had one of our members disconnect mid fight and wouldn't ya know it, Grug chooses him to run to. So we're on the opposite side of the platform. After Grug runs to him, he turns and starts coming back toward us. So we all sidestep a bit since he's picked his spot, then we planned on inching along once he got to that spot. Well, we all died while Grug's circle was at least 10m away from the raid.

We chalked it up to being a bug from someone being so far away from the raid or something. Anyone else run into this?

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Could be worse. Last time in, Grug up and did an extra Seismic while burrowing. Total WTF moment, complete with a number of folks launched right off the platform.
    he does that when he charged someone.

Rift Disciple

To add to the Arahurn issue, yes, your tank was definitely too far away. The other thing is that he should make sure he's not using Cyclone, Sweeping Strike, Promise of Steel, etc in his single target rotation for this boss as you have to be VERY close for them to hit him. just hit aggressive block, pacifying strike, etc and you're ok. the AOE's will go off but not actually hit him, so you get no threat and your raid gets rawkz0r'd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast